My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pope John Paul II has been given the last rites of the Roman Catholic Church as his health deteriorates, a Vatican source tells CNN.
    CNN

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to sources, the Pope has suffered a heart attack...

VATICAN CITY - Pope John Paul II has suffered cardiac arrest and remains in critical condition, Vatican spokesman Joaquin Navarro-Valls said Friday morning.
    CBC

more...

VATICAN CITY (Reuters) - Pope John Paul was in a "very grave" condition on Friday and appeared close to death after suffering cardio-circulatory collapse and shock, the Vatican said in a statement.

Vatican spokesman Joaquin Navarro-Valls said the 84-year-old Pope had been given the "Holy Viati " -- communion reserved for those close to death -- and had decided himself not to go to hospital for treatment. The Vatican statement said the Pope had received cardio-respiratory assistance on Thursday and on Friday morning was still "conscious, lucid and tranquil."

It said the Pope celebrated Mass with his close aides at 6.00 a.m. (11 p.m. EST) on Friday. Pope John Paul's fragile health took a sharp turn for the worse on Thursday evening as he developed a very high fever caused by a urinary infection.

© Reuters 2005. All Rights Reserved.
    Reuters

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plug his azz in. Isn't it all about keeping people alive as long as possible? Jam that tube in...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you're a dumbass...i'm sure you know that already...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll take that as a compliment, coming from someone of limited mental means such as yourself...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll take that as a compliment, coming from someone of limited mental means such as yourself...
    anyone who says, "plug his azz in" referring to the pope is a dumbass...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why? He had a heart attack, just like Terri did. Representatives of the church have spoken out vehemently against Terri being unplugged. Seems a bit hypocritical that the Pope gets a free pass not to lie in bed ting and pissing himself, and being fed through a tube in his stomach for 15 years like Terri.

Ad hominem attacks are the last refuge of someone without an argument, clan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why? He had a heart attack, just like Terri did. Representatives of the church have spoken out vehemently against Terri being unplugged. Seems a bit hypocritical that the Pope gets a free pass not to lie in bed ting and pissing himself, and being fed through a tube in his stomach for 15 years like Terri.

Ad hominem attacks are the last refuge of someone without an argument, clan.
    if you bothered to read the news instead of just running your mouth you would already know that the pope's living will states he wants a feeding tube. he sees it as being natural.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How could he really say anything else after the church stuck it's nose into the Schiavo case? That would reveal their hypocrisy.

They won't keep him alive for too long, though. They have to be about the business of electing a new pope to tell us all how to live our lives from afar. The church is like the UN of religion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he made his living will last year..

By Tom Heneghan, Religion Editor
    PARIS (Reuters) - Pope John Paul, now being fed through a nasal tube because of his throat problems, effectively wrote his own "living will" last year in a speech declaring some life-extending treatments a moral duty for Roman Catholics.

The ailing Pontiff sharply narrowed Catholic guidelines for treating patients nearing death in March 2004 when he described tube-feeding as a normal treatment rather than an extraordinary measure that can be stopped if all hope of recovery fades

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You do understand the word effectively, right? He just decleared tube feeding as the norm for all "good" catholics to abide by.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You do understand the word effectively, right? He just decleared tube feeding as the norm for all "good" catholics to abide by.
    and i assume he is a good catholic...so i assume he will practice what he preached a year ago...

Thread Information