Lottery Pick
    Post Count
    Who will Dallas draft w/11th & 20th pick?

Lottery Pick
    Post Count
    Marcus Spears would be a nice pick with their #11 overall pick. For their 20th pick, they should either go after a WR or LB. Dallas should try and pick Matt Jones from Ark. with their 2nd round pick. He was their QB, but can play/WR/TE. He is 6'6" and runs a 4.37 in the 40! Who would be able to stop him in the red zone?

The Sean Marks Dance Duff McCartney's Avatar
    Post Count
    I think Dallas drafts Johnson from UT....and with the 20th they'll probably draft Mark Clayton from OU. I think that'd be a great first round.

One thing's for sure...as long as the Cowboys don't it up, they could get instant impact players...if there's one thing to be said about this draft, it's deep.

Post Count
    I like Shane Merriman at 11 (I don't think Derrick Johnson will be there) and Carlos Rogers or Pac-Man Jones at 20.
    Last edited by samikeyp; 04-01-2005 at 04:55 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Duff has the right idea. Johnson or Merriman at 11 and a WR at 20.

Mikey, why would we want to use a first rounder on a CB? We have Newman and the newly signed Anthony Henry (for $25 mil).

Post Count
    My bad....for some reason I was thinking Henry was a safety. In that case, a WR would be good at 20. Clayton would be good if he is there also Roddy White from UAB would be good as well.

Crowned
    Post Count
    I think Dallas drafts Johnson from UT....and with the 20th they'll probably draft Mark Clayton from OU. I think that'd be a great first round.

One thing's for sure...as long as the Cowboys don't it up, they could get instant impact players...if there's one thing to be said about this draft, it's deep.

I agree that it's a deep draft...but it doesn't seem to have any great players. There are a whole bunch of solid players, that could go well into the third or fourth round, but no sure future superstars.

Crowned
    Post Count
    I've heard Dallas wasn't at all impressed with Roddy White. It's deep for WRs, though, that one should fall to 20th. Edwards, Williams, Williamson, Clayton, White...all possible 1st rounders.

Merriman would be a good pick, but he seems like his stock up due to post-college career more than anything he actually did in college.

The Sean Marks Dance Duff McCartney's Avatar
    Post Count
    Merrimen scares me.

Too much like Mike Mamula. Never played LB or DE full-time in college, going to take him at least a year to learn a position in the pros.

#11 Shawn Merriman #20 Roddy White

Leonard Doody is my BITCH! Mr Dio's Avatar
    Post Count
    Jones would be a good 2nd rd pick but a Jones clone w/o the speed to look for in the 2nd rd is Vincent Jackson the WR/TE from Northern Colorado that is 6’5 241. I wouldn't cry if a major player isn't there @ #11 because IF Dallas could find a trading partner it would be great to trade down & pick-up xtra 1st day picks because as Duff said the draft is deep.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Unless Derrick Johnson or Mike Williams are available at 11, I'm really hoping we trade down... the draft is deep, but it is weak at the top. Not a good year to have a top 5 pick, but a good year to have a glut of day 1 choices.

I'm hoping the Cowboys look at RB in the 4th. There are a bunch of good ones after the top 3 who I think could fall.

Derrick Johnson will be gone by the time its Dallas's turn. I think they'll pick up Marcus Spears from LSU, and OU wideout Mark Clayton.

Post Count
    I agree. I would take Merriman over Spears if they were both available although both would be great fits. I would love for Clayton to be there at 20. If not, Pool would be good too, IMO.

Post Count
    I saw him play as a freshman for FSU. The guy is an amazing athlete. He played QB and WR for the Seminoles.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    Post Count
    Regardless of their moves this off-season, they still could use another corner.

Post Count
    True. They can get one in the draft and if Newman and Henry play well, its added depth, if one of those two struggle (ie. Newman) then maybe that player can step up.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    5 days from the draft, my updated Cowboys mock (should all the stars line up right)

1a. Derrick Johnson
    1b. Mark Clayton
    2. Brodney Poole or Josh Bullocks

How's that for some Big 12 madness...

Actually... I take that back... ideally one of the top 3 RBs (most likely Williams or Benson) will fall to #11 providing some ammunition to the 'Boys to trade down. Houston at 13(supposedly), Carolina at 14, and Minnesota at 18 could all be in the market for an RB like one of those guys, and willing to move up to ensure they get their guy. Ideally we would move down to 14 and pick up a 3rd or maybe even a 2nd and then our draft could look something like:

1a. Demarcus Ware
    1b. Mark Clayton
    2a. Brodney Poole
    2b/3. Darryl Blackstock

Thread Information