Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lance isn't putting up with any this year.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...eGX8vFbRZauM9w

COLMAR, France — Lance Armstrong has hit back at allegations that his Astana team are being treated leniently by anti-doping controllers on the Tour de France.

Armstrong, who is bidding to win the Tour for an eighth time, is angry about allegations his team are being treated favourably and insists Astana are being tested more than any other team in the race.

The president of France's anti-doping agency (AFLD) Pierre Bordry questioned the anti-doping protocol of the International Cycling Union (UCI) last week when they tested Astana.

Bordry said the UCI had been "lenient". According to reports, anti-doping officials were kept waiting for nearly an hour by Astana in Andorra last week during an early-morning doping control, sparking a wave of criticism.

French Minister for Sport Roselyne Bachelot on Thursday called for a more stringent approach to carrying out the doping controls saying: "There should be no repeat of the incident."

But Armstrong inists his team have nothing to hide and claimed last Saturday's control by officials at 6am in Andorra was asking too much.

"I actually think it's ridiculous," said Armstrong.

"This is the Tour de France and you can't wake up guys on a day of a mountain stage at 6am.

"There is also a human aspect here.

"Enough is enough, we have had this team for a long time, we have never had a positive control."

Armstrong insists Bachelot's comments abount leniency are unfounded and he would put Astana's test results up against any other team in the race.

"I think her comments are slightly political," said Armstrong.

"She knows that when she makes those comments those are political statements.

"They will get attention and perhaps it will reinforce her commitment to the fight against doping.

"But the facts are the facts, we are controlled more than anyone else in the race.

"We are never tested positive and I would put our biological passports side-by-side with any other team, every day of the week.

"So enough is enough."

Armstrong has faced unfounded accusations of doping throughout his career, notably when French sports paper L'Equipe claimed in 2005 after his retirement that he had tested positive for banned substances.

L'Equipe said six urine samples from his 1999 Tour victory contained the banned blood-boosting drug EPO (erythropoietin) - claims strongly denied by Armstrong.

And the seven-time Tour de France winner again insisted he has nothing to hide from the doping controllers.

"My only version of what happened is that when they knock on my door, I go down and give the blood," said Armstrong.

"That is all I know.

"It's not as if I am looking out my window and see them coming and I stay in my room.

"I think there are people who think that, but that is totally bull , that is not the way it works now, or has ever worked."

With some 500 controls expected to be carried out on the riders over the whole of the three-week long race, Armstrong says riders need their rest and needed to be controlled during reasonable hours.

"Yes, you want the controls, yes, you want a clean event, but it's the hardest sporting event in the world," said the American.

"You can't go and pull guys out of their bed at 6am.

"If I came to your room at 6am, you would start throwing your furniture at me.

"You have to also respect that part of it."
    The French strategy against Lance is pretty clear. Drain him of so much blood that he'll be too damn weak to win.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh huh. And where did you get this information? Were you riding next to Lance in the pelaton today when he called this audible?

Did you even bother to watch the interview with Lance after today's stage? He was pretty clear that he was pulling for Georgie to win the yellow jersey. He said it was team Garmin who decided to shorten the gap at the end because of some rivalry they have with Hincapie's team.

Damn. You Lance haters are hilarious.
    http://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme/breve...ent-jaune.html

Johan Bruyneel :
    «Notre stratégie était de voir Hincapie avec le Maillot. On voulait laisser sept huit minutes à l'échappée.»
    "Our strategie was to see Hincapie with the jersey. We wanted to let 7-8 minutes to the breakaway"

Amstrong :
    «Notre équipe a assuré un tempo modéré pour lui offrir le maillot avec moins de deux minutes d'avance »
    "Our team lead the peloton with a moderate tempo to get him the yellow jersey with less than 2 minutes overall"

Have you seen the race ?
    The Astana team was leading the peloton for 40 miles, to stabilize the gap.
    Garmin Team helped AG2R only the last 3-4 miles !

Don't make me laugh, nobody in the breakaway can compete to win le tour even with more than 10 minutes before the Alpes, the Tourmalet, and a +30miles individual time-trial.

I'm fed up with those lance hater , this is not a conspiracy, just facts, wtch the stage !

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The French strategy against Lance is pretty clear. Drain him of so much blood that he'll be too damn weak to win.
    French are vampires !

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme/breve...ent-jaune.html

Johan Bruyneel :
    «Notre stratégie était de voir Hincapie avec le Maillot. On voulait laisser sept huit minutes à l'échappée.»
    "Our strategie was to see Hincapie with the jersey. We wanted to let 7-8 minutes to the breakaway"

Amstrong :
    «Notre équipe a assuré un tempo modéré pour lui offrir le maillot avec moins de deux minutes d'avance »
    "Our team lead the peloton with a moderate tempo to get him the yellow jersey with less than 2 minutes overall"

Have you seen the race ?
    The Astana team was leading the peloton for 40 miles, to stabilize the gap.
    Garmin Team helped AG2R only the last 3-4 miles !

Don't make me laugh, nobody in the breakaway can compete to win le tour even with more than 10 minutes before the Alpes, the Tourmalet, and a +30miles individual time-trial.

I'm fed up with those lance hater , this is not a conspiracy, just facts, wtch the stage !
    L'Equipe? That's your source? OMG

Yes, the same French paper that's notorious for writing slanderous about Lance throughout his entire career. Well then, if they put it in print, it must be true.

And yes, I did watch the stage. The only Astana team member who broke off to talk strategy with the team director was Alberto Contador. Shorty after, team Astana stopped leading the pelaton. Hincapie was still comfortably in the virtual yellow at that point. Team Astana obviously wasn't too concerned about Georgie becoming a major threat. It was team AG2R and team Garmin who closed the gap that made the difference.

You honestly expect me to think Lance conspired against one of his best freinds today? Seriously???

Just admit it. You hate the guy.
    Last edited by IceColdBrewski; 07-18-2009 at 03:19 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    L'Equipe? That's your source? OMG

Yes, the same French paper that's notorious for writing slanderous about Lance throughout his entire career. Well then, if they put it in print, it must be true.

And yes, I did watch the stage. The only Astana team member who broke off to talk strategy with the team director was Alberto Contador. Shorty after, team Astana stopped leading the pelaton. Hincapie was still comfortably in the virtual yellow at that point. Team Astana obviously wasn't too concerned about Georgie becoming a major threat. It was team AG2R and team Garmin who closed the gap that made the difference.

You honestly expect me to think Lance conspired against one of his best freinds today? Seriously???

Just admit it. You hate the guy.
    Same quote here : http://fr.sports.yahoo.com/18072009/...larations.html

you really become boring....

as you know so much about cycling, could you explain me why Astana team lead the peleton this long to limit the gap with the breakaway ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh gee. More French haters attacking Lance. I never would've guessed.

Lance's tweet's after today's stage:

St14 done. Sounds like there's quite a bit of confusion over this one... Noone, and I mean noone, wanted George in yellow more than me.
    Our team rode a moderate tempo to put him in the jersey by at least 2 mins. Ag2r said they would not defend then they started to ride.
    Until 10km to go he was solidly in yellow until GARMIN put on the gas and made sure it didn't happen.
    And I reiterate. ghincapie deserves to be yellow tonight. He deserves more than that. Look to who pulled the last 50k to see who to blame..
    And george should be pissed. Very pissed. He can talk to his teammates who were n the bunch w/ us then perhaps it will be clear
    Seriously dude. Just man up and admit it. You hate Armstrong. Nobody's falling for your bull .
    Last edited by IceColdBrewski; 07-18-2009 at 05:22 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lance's tweet's after today's stage:
    Our team rode a moderate tempo
    Why did they do that ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why did they do that ?
    Two reasons. They obviously weren't concerned about Hincapie winning the Tour, and they're waiting for the mountain stages to make their move. That's where Lance has seperated the men from the boys in the past.
    Last edited by IceColdBrewski; 07-18-2009 at 05:44 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two reasons. They obviously weren't concerned about Hincapie winning the Tour, and they're waiting for the mountain stages to make their move. That's where Lance has seperated the men from the boys in the past.
    I agree, so why have they made the peloton's tempo for 40 miles when they didn't need to control the gap ?

My point is if they haven't, no team could have reduced the gap enough in the last 25 miles of the stage. Astana has limited it around 8 minutes when more wouldn't have been a problem as no one in the breakaway is strong enough to win the tour, even with an advantage of more than 10 minutes before the main montains and a 25 miles time trial.

Hincapie best result in Le Tour was 14th, 23'40'' behind amstrong in 2005.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Contador put 1 mn 37 to Lance, we will see Tuesday if this is the end for Lance

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Contador put 1 mn 37 to Lance, we will see Tuesday if this is the end for Lance
    Contador is more talented than Lance ever was. No way can Lance hang with Alberto up Ventoux.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Contador is more talented than Lance ever was. No way can Lance hang with Alberto up Ventoux.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lets just agree to disagree
    it's all good indeed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When Contador wins 5 or 6 TDF's, let's talk.

No doubt that 26-yo Contador >>> soon-to-be 38-yo, three years in retirement, Armstrong.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Lets all hope Contador crashes in the mountains.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've found Amstrong quite good in the last stage, but he shouldn't have tried to follow the Schleck brothers and Contador at the begining. I guess it's not in way of thinking, but with his 37yo legs, he 'd better try to run as a Sastre or an Evans in the mountains, keeping his own rythm.

Come on guy, I know that the TDF is the hardest and the most prestigious cycling race in the world, but it is not everything in cycling. Last year, Contador wasn't on the tour, but he won both Giro and Vuelta, the 2 other major 3 weeks cycling event ! And he's only 26 ! The guy is good, way better than any other in the peloton today. And don't try to compare the 26 yo Amstrong to the 26 yo Contador, he is way ahead !

And if you want to know how Amstrong is ranked for the best road racing cyclists since 1892, check this link : link

Amstrong has never won the Triple Crown of Cycling, all the jerseys in a Grand Tour, any Monument race,....

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count

No doubt that 26-yo Contador >>> soon-to-be 38-yo, three years in retirement, Armstrong.
    Lance beat Cancer and Contador what?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    does anyone think Lance is, not playing possum, but perhaps not completely upfront about his motives in these last stages? if pressed, i would venture he is and fighting for a podium finish. however, i don't wish that to be the case...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've found Amstrong quite good in the last stage, but he shouldn't have tried to follow the Schleck brothers and Contador at the begining. I guess it's not in way of thinking, but with his 37yo legs, he 'd better try to run as a Sastre or an Evans in the mountains, keeping his own rythm.

Come on guy, I know that the TDF is the hardest and the most prestigious cycling race in the world, but it is not everything in cycling. Last year, Contador wasn't on the tour, but he won both Giro and Vuelta, the 2 other major 3 weeks cycling event ! And he's only 26 ! The guy is good, way better than any other in the peloton today. And don't try to compare the 26 yo Amstrong to the 26 yo Contador, he is way ahead !

And if you want to know how Amstrong is ranked for the best road racing cyclists since 1892, check this link : link

Amstrong has never won the Triple Crown of Cycling, all the jerseys in a Grand Tour, any Monument race,....
    Or Armstrong maybe?
    Last edited by samikeyp; 07-22-2009 at 09:04 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

1) thats his opinion

2) how many of those riders tested positive for doping?

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    does anyone think Lance is, not playing possum, but perhaps not completely upfront about his motives in these last stages? if pressed, i would venture he is and fighting for a podium finish. however, i don't wish that to be the case...
    I think it's 37 year old legs and three years off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lance is putting up an admirable fight considering his age, but how dope are the Schleck brothers?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lance is putting up an admirable fight considering his age, but how dope are the Schleck brothers?
    pretty good, but 38 year old Armstrong is right there and beat both of them in the time trial. Lance is a beast and what he is doing is incredible. don't know if he can win it next year, maybe not, but it will be fun to see him come back with his own squad and better prepared.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1) thats his opinion

2) how many of those riders tested positive for doping?
    how many?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm so glad Armstrong didn't win. Guy is a jerk.

Thread Information