Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I want to try that Sam Adams Summer Ale. It looks good.
    It tastes awful. It's extremely lemony, especially when cold. When it warms a pepper flavor is a little more evident making it somewhat better, but it's still not a six-pack I'll ever buy a second time.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It tastes awful. It's extremely lemony, especially when cold. When it warms a pepper flavor is a little more evident making it somewhat better, but it's still not a six-pack I'll ever buy a second time.
    Oh! So it tastes like lemonade?

Mad Beer Hops! Notorious H.O.P.'s Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Notorious, sadly we are actually out of La Muerta shirts, but have some Freetail Ale shirts in that are pretty rad (in addition to some plain Freetail shirts). Hope to see you in Denver (or before then even).
    Sadly enough, I would already have a La Muerta shirt and a Freetail hat but you had/have a crappy bartender out there who looked like he wanted to do anything except serve beer or even look at the several customers who had empty glasses.

I asked him how much the shirt was and he told me $30. Seemed a bit steep so I asked how much a cap was. He said it was $30 also. As awesome as they were, they were a little rich for my blood at the moment.

I later told a beer buddy of mine that I was going to go back and get both and he told me they actually cost much less than that.

So not only did I drink two less beers than I wanted due to the crappy service provided by this guy, I apparently also missed out on a La Muerta shirt.

Luckily for the rest of the Freetail crew, it takes more than crappy service to keep me away from great beer.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Trinity Tigers
    Sam Adams is "good" beer if all you have to compare it to is mass-brewed American crap.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    call me ignorant then but budweiser has never let me down.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Sam Adams is "good" beer if all you have to compare it to is mass-brewed American crap.
    Sam Adams' Boston Lager and Irish Red are pretty good. I don't like the other ones I have tried much though (Summer Ale, Winter Ale, Black Lager, Honey Porter, and Octoberfest).

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    College
    Oregon Ducks
    Reinheitsgebot is more of a marketing ploy than it is a anything in Germany these days. It's no longer an in-effect law and only in Bavaria does anybody really seem to give a crap. Even then, technically Weissbiers would be in violation of Reinheitsgebot.
    The Germans never called a Weisen a bier. They called it a Weisen, or like you said, a weissbier. The law was replaced in 1993 (I left in 1992) and they had plenty of weisens and other drinks available. I hadn't found an english translation of the new naw, and I don't retain enough German. I would disagree with the marketing ploy, most of them still want to retain the naming history. I'll bet it was to allow imports without relabeling the bottles. I'll bet the law was replaced partially because of the retail sale price limitations of other types and partially for imports. Not because they could not be made.
    Tons of awesome funky American craft beers (that use other natural ingredients) would also be in violation.
    Again, it doesn't have to be called bier. They can call it beer, out of respect for tradition.
    Germany has a new, but slowly evolving craft beer scene themselves, but beer as a whole is down over there. I suspect partly because the Purity Law tradition has effectively stifled any innovation in brewing.
    Bull . Again, they just couldn't call it bier before! They could brew something in violation of the law and call it something else all along. I hope they didn't really remove the part that it cannot be called Bier if something else was used. That I think is an awesome law. Besides, maybe they only struck doen the part of the law that said
    German's have been drinking the same beer for 500 years (but they are definitely the best at making those particular traditional styles!).
    Each community has it's own brewery, at least one. They have had trade for a thousand years or so. It would be more correct to saw they were drinking the same hundreds of biers.

I do have a 500th anniversary stein from one of the city's anniversary party. I forget which one. I'll have to pull it out sometime.
    call me ignorant then but Budweiser has never let me down.
    Will you stop drinking from the urinals of a brewpub please.

That's piss water. I have not been able to stomach Miller, Bud, Coors, etc. since leaving Germany.

What is it, a 3.2% fake Pilsner? Very few good beers are that weak.

The Warsteiner (pilsner) I drank in Germany was 4.8%. Pilsners I think are normally between 4% to 5%. Because of Oregon law, anything over I think 3.4% cannot be called beer! You will find them called an ale, or something else. The Twilight I have in hand now is a 5% Pilsner, and does not taste like piss water. If an import to Oregon has more than 3.4% and says "beer" on it, it has to be relabeled if it is to be sold here.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    lol scott
    for some reason every time you post about beer i just imagine some guy wearing an OU shirt, with a five oclock shadow, passed out under the tap of his la muerta at free tail, with old pizza crust crumbs and dried bbq sauce all over his face and shirt.
    no offense

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    what are pizza crust crumbs?, you mean scraps or pizza leavings

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    they're like toaster leavings, but not from a toaster

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Sadly enough, I would already have a La Muerta shirt and a Freetail hat but you had/have a crappy bartender out there who looked like he wanted to do anything except serve beer or even look at the several customers who had empty glasses.

I asked him how much the shirt was and he told me $30. Seemed a bit steep so I asked how much a cap was. He said it was $30 also. As awesome as they were, they were a little rich for my blood at the moment.

I later told a beer buddy of mine that I was going to go back and get both and he told me they actually cost much less than that.

So not only did I drink two less beers than I wanted due to the crappy service provided by this guy, I apparently also missed out on a La Muerta shirt.

Luckily for the rest of the Freetail crew, it takes more than crappy service to keep me away from great beer.
    Hey man, I'm really upset to hear this is the kind of service you got. We've never had a $30 shirt or $30 hat, and the kind of service you describe is completely unacceptable. I'm going to shoot you a PM to discuss a little more, and at the very least I hope you let me buy you a couple of pints to make up for it.

Cheers,

Scott
    Last edited by scott; 07-14-2009 at 10:23 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I think I've seen that Freetail place around where I work but never been there.

maybe need to come by during lunch for a beer.

Name
    Jurgen Aspers
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Navy Midshipmen
    I have a new favourite beer since this weekend:

U Have Bad Understanding Sportcamper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Coors Light…30 pack from Costco…

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Sucker for IPA's here:

What I'm drinkin this weekend:

http://www.victorybeer.com/hopdevil.html

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Czech beer is the best! Especially black beer.

Name
    noneya beezwax
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    La Chouffe Tripel IPA style

Name
    noneya beezwax
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    St Bernardus Tripel

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    St Bernardus Tripel

the ABT 12 is where it's at:

Name
    noneya beezwax
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I disagree. It's much better to drink BOTH of them, one right after the other.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Sucker for IPA's here:

IPA's ing rule. This is the one I'm loyal to:

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    with all the great beers and ales of the world, I don't see how people want to sit around the house and drink that miller lite crap, or coors lite or bud lite or whatever...

I can see maybe if you are at an event or party, and just want to guzzle something lite and tasteless, but when you're relaxing ... drink something better.

These aren't the droids you're looking for jman3000's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I was just about to bring up Ruination too.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    College
    Oregon Ducks
    Sucker for IPA's here:

If you're in the NW, you should try this one. The bitters actually have a very nice taste.

These aren't the droids you're looking for jman3000's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Pale ale's are good... but super IPA's are just way too much bitter for me. I tried Sierra Nevada's Torpedo and it was too funky.

Thread Information