Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    Believe..I'l Have another Biernutz's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    One thing to look for when you see a too good to be true sale on your favorite beer. Check the born on date. Beer will loose it's flavor when it gets old. I have bought some imported beer that I never had before but it tasted like "Skunk Beer" You never know how long it's been sitting in the cooler going thru cooling cycles

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Sadly enough, I would already have a La Muerta shirt and a Freetail hat but you had/have a crappy bartender out there who looked like he wanted to do anything except serve beer or even look at the several customers who had empty glasses.

I asked him how much the shirt was and he told me $30. Seemed a bit steep so I asked how much a cap was. He said it was $30 also. As awesome as they were, they were a little rich for my blood at the moment.

I later told a beer buddy of mine that I was going to go back and get both and he told me they actually cost much less than that.

So not only did I drink two less beers than I wanted due to the crappy service provided by this guy, I apparently also missed out on a La Muerta shirt.

Luckily for the rest of the Freetail crew, it takes more than crappy service to keep me away from great beer.
    Ya, I had a similar experience the only time I went (minus the apparel drama ).

I had been wanting to check the place out for a while and I finally dragged my 2 brothers and friend out there. Very cool set up and the beer was good. I tried the Porter, Hefe and one other.

We sat outside and basically got ignored for a long time. I had to go inside twice to get a round and the bartender inside ignored me for quite a while as well and it was not all that busy. He was just talking and talking and then when he took my order, it took him 5-6 minutes just to fill up 3 beers (he actually told me he forgot me on accident and had to re take my order).

The waitresses outside were nice enough, but they did not seem like they wanted to bother with our table for some reason. Oh well, the beer was pretty good and I am glad I got to check out a fellow ST's business before I moved away.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I cannot get into IPA's or other really "hoppy" beers. I guess I have not developed that taste yet. I like darker beer and reds. I really like Shiner Black and Tilburg Dutch Brown Ale.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Keystone Light

Six Pack of Tall Boys = $3.99 at HEB

Mmm...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    where's a good place in san antonio to buy beer? I mean the kinds of beers that are being discussed in this thread.

I have bought expensive imported beers many times, but lots of times I get a skunky 6-pack, like it was improperly kept or something...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Not much of a beer drinker. More of a vodka/bloody Mary/White Russian/MArtini kind of gal. But I've always liked the "Blue Moon" beer.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    where's a good place in san antonio to buy beer? I mean the kinds of beers that are being discussed in this thread.

I have bought expensive imported beers many times, but lots of times I get a skunky 6-pack, like it was improperly kept or something...
    HEB Central Market on Broadway.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    If you're in the NW, you should try this one. The bitters actually have a very nice taste.

NE not NW.

Pennsylvania is crazy with its beer laws.

Have to go to a "6 pack store" to get 6 packs - or to a "distributor", and they only sell cases; luckily we have a good one in town, and I have a really nice choice of good cases.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins

It's been years since I've been there, but I know Hills & Dale's on the NW side has a ridiculous selection of beers.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners

only real men drink it....

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

only real men drink it....
    real men drink water if they need water.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    haven't had a lone star since the 80s... I remember it had kind of a fruity taste. Think I've only had one in my whole life.
    Hills & Dale's
    never been there. is that across from UTSA?

Mad Beer Hops! Notorious H.O.P.'s Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ya, I had a similar experience the only time I went (minus the apparel drama ).

I had been wanting to check the place out for a while and I finally dragged my 2 brothers and friend out there. Very cool set up and the beer was good. I tried the Porter, Hefe and one other.

We sat outside and basically got ignored for a long time. I had to go inside twice to get a round and the bartender inside ignored me for quite a while as well and it was not all that busy. He was just talking and talking and then when he took my order, it took him 5-6 minutes just to fill up 3 beers (he actually told me he forgot me on accident and had to re take my order).

The waitresses outside were nice enough, but they did not seem like they wanted to bother with our table for some reason. Oh well, the beer was pretty good and I am glad I got to check out a fellow ST's business before I moved away.
    That was the only time I've had bad service. Everyone else is on the ball and taking care of their customers. I don't recall seeing that guy again. Don't know if he is still there or not but Freetail would be much better off without him.

For those of you who haven't gone, it is some fantastic beer. And the pizza rocks too!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ya, the pizza was good. I had the meatball pizza IIRC.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Keystone Light

Six Pack of Tall Boys = $3.99 at HEB

Mmm...
    Worse than Milwaukee's Beast or Hamms.

Pabst = Best cheap beer.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    picked up a 6-pack of IPA called Full Sail today. Never heard of it. Hope it's worth the 6.99.

These aren't the droids you're looking for jman3000's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's been years since I've been there, but I know Hills & Dale's on the NW side has a ridiculous selection of beers.
    Hills & Dale's and Central Market are probably the 2 best places in town to get pricey beer.

H&D's is cool, but they often don't have complete 6 packs and you have to buy the bottles separately so you end up paying 8 bucks a bottle for something like Midas Touch, when you could get it at 4 bucks per at Central Market.

For those wondering H&D's is across 1604 from Ferris stadium and a couple miles after Bandera / before UTSA.

These aren't the droids you're looking for jman3000's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So ummm... what was the Spurstalk discount at Freetails again?

I'll be stopping by after work with a friend from out of town... hopefully the questionable service has been fixed. I've heard great things about it though.

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    just picked up one of these from a buddy who visited from wisconsin. i put down my bud light (yeah i know but it was free) and took a swig from this. it was pure .

Scarlett our Goddess4ever
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    just picked up one of these from a buddy who visited from wisconsin. i put down my bud light (yeah i know but it was free) and took a swig from this. it was pure .

you aren't allowed to post in a manly topic after your pathetic display last night, thanks

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    you aren't allowed to post in a manly topic after your pathetic display last night, thanks

your mom begs to differ.

Scarlett our Goddess4ever
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    your mom begs to differ.
    my mother is a lawyer, she ALWAYS begs to differ

while you always beg to give it to her, she declines though

lol low sperm count

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Leinenkugel's rocks.

The Yellow Store in San Marcos is another place to discover good beer, surprisingly.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Leinenkugel's rocks.

The Yellow Store in San Marcos is another place to discover good beer, surprisingly.

i figured posting my favorite, somewhat local, beer would be a good last post for my tenure.

stay classy..because God knows some of yall need it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Oddly enough the s station in my neighborhood carries Lienenkugel as well. It is their ONLY beer that approaches a microbrew, so I was astonished to see it among the ty light beer that forms the staple in most beer places.

Thread Information