Page 61 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1151575859606162636465 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 1714
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I was reading up on the BBPXXV and there is some fruit in there? Does it stand out? Seems a little odd..

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Drinking the Crown Valley Gunslinger double IPA 9% tonight.
    I'm really into beer, but I just can't get into IPA's. I really want to, but it just doesn't taste good to me. I've had some mild ones and they are ok, but I haven't found the one that really sets me off on getting into IPA's.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm really into beer, but I just can't get into IPA's. I really want to, but it just doesn't taste good to me. I've had some mild ones and they are ok, but I haven't found the one that really sets me off on getting into IPA's.
    You're in Austin, right? Try the 512 IPA. It's a good, smooth IPA. It's only available on tap currently, but it's my go to beer when I go out.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You're in Austin, right? Try the 512 IPA. It's a good, smooth IPA. It's only available on tap currently, bit it's my go to when I go out.
    Ya - I'm in Austin. Ive tried Dogfish Head (which was good) 60min IPA, Sam Adams Lat ude 48, Stone IPA and a few other randoms that I know were good quality, but nothing that hooked me. I'll give 512 a try..I normally drink their Pecan Porter

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Absolutely.

The Black Butte Porter is 5.2%. The Black Butte XXVI is the 26th anniversary Porter, and an Imperial porter at 10.8%. These bottles say "best after 6/13.15."

I have one bottle of the XXI left. It says "best after 10/17/10" and is 11%.
    Just picked up my first bottle. Says best after 6/15, but I cracked tonight to try. Very solid, but I picked up the fruit a lot more than I anticipated. Question: Is it normal for a lot of sediment? Might be me just pouring too fast, but there was a lot of yeast sediment.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Just picked up my first bottle. Says best after 6/15, but I cracked tonight to try. Very solid, but I picked up the fruit a lot more than I anticipated. Question: Is it normal for a lot of sediment? Might be me just pouring too fast, but there was a lot of yeast sediment.
    Not uncommon in big ales, fermentation continues in the bottle. Doesn't really affect flavors all that much, and refrigerate for a few days and it generally drops to bottom.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Not uncommon in big ales, fermentation continues in the bottle. Doesn't really affect flavors all that much, and refrigerate for a few days and it generally drops to bottom.
    Figured as much - thanks. Wanted to try first/quickly, but will grab another bottle and let it sit for a few months then try again. I don't mind the sediment at all. Doesn't take away from anything and doesn't gross me out.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Tried Founders Centennial IPA tonight. Very smooth and well balanced. Will probably stick with it for a while.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Tried Founders Centennial IPA tonight. Very smooth and well balanced. Will probably stick with it for a while.
    If you want a Simcoe hop bomb grab a bomber of Stone Enjoy By 12/26. I've been drinking Celebration as it is the season, and one of my all time faves

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    scott - my brother picked me up a 6 of Soul Doubt IPA cans tastes great
    Sorry, I don't come 'round these parts much so I just saw this. Thanks! Come the new place next time you're in town!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors
    I love Christmas because they bring in these specialty mixed packs....

Had one of these beers when I went to Bruges last year. Didn't think I'd find it here. The 11% one is still as smooth as you could imagine.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/48/7975/

Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Tonight's IPA lineup for the fights:

Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    College
    Oregon Ducks
    LOL...

No . The cheap piss water is still available.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    Agreed. The craft beer explosion has exposed us to better options with interesting creations. She can have that swill. It isn't about being trendy or hipster at all. I think it gives those who have yearned for better beer an avenue to explore beers that they weren't obtaining in the past. Salty ****.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Discovered this beer a few months ago and I've been drinking it 75% of the time since

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Let this dumb buy her Miller, Coors, and Bud. I don't even consider that monkey piss real beer.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    College
    Oregon Ducks
    Let this dumb buy her Miller, Coors, and Bud. I don't even consider that monkey piss real beer.
    The going joke in Portland at times, when we drink our microbrews, is making Budweiser when we piss.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    I love craft beer as much as the next wannabe beer snob, but there's nothing wrong with cheap murican beers either.

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Duke Blue Devils
    I love craft beer as much as the next wannabe beer snob, but there's nothing wrong with cheap murican beers either.
    Definitely except for the whole tastes like , drunk feeling is crappy and it's embarrassing to be seen with

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    Agreed. The craft beer explosion has exposed us to better options with interesting creations. She can have that swill. It isn't about being trendy or hipster at all. I think it gives those who have yearned for better beer an avenue to explore beers that they weren't obtaining in the past. Salty ****.
    Like every venture in life, it's a race to see who has the bigger . Being able to brag about getting a bottle of rare special release porter made from fermented elephant smegma. Being among the first to try a newly tapped keg of the special new IPA that tastes exactly the ing same as the last 50 special new IPA's but somehow you can trick your brain into tasting all the different nuances.

I'm not against it. I participate myself. I love plenty of craft beers and go searching for the rare too. Let's just all stop acting like this isn't a measuring contest, because it is.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    Like every venture in life, it's a race to see who has the bigger . Being able to brag about getting a bottle of rare special release porter made from fermented elephant smegma. Being among the first to try a newly tapped keg of the special new IPA that tastes exactly the ing same as the last 50 special new IPA's but somehow you can trick your brain into tasting all the different nuances.

I'm not against it. I participate myself. I love plenty of craft beers and go searching for the rare too. Let's just all stop acting like this isn't a measuring contest, because it is.
    Very true, but I don't really brag about what I find. I tend to pick out the unusual ones like the habanero sculpin and whatnot. I don't blog about it and probably the only place I participate is here and that's mostly to bring attention to a beer that you guys may not have in TX or whatnot. But I do see what you mean and there are tons of people that act that way.

Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I like to try new stuff sometimes but I'm in a pretty firm rotation with my ales right now. I'll switch up for the seasonal beers but I'm a creature of habit. I'll do a Sam Adams or a Shiner in a restaurant though if there is nothing I usually drink.

Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

Got sat on a stool right in front of the tap selection at Hopdoddy. Had the Deep Ellum IPA. Was very good.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    The War Monger is good too

Thread Information