39 28.26%
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KG with pierce and allen= nba champions

Dirk with josh howard and terry = finals

So we can't really judge.
    Howard, Terry, Harris, Stackhouse, Dampier, Diop, etc. all at their primes that was a great team.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Wow, that doesn't explain Dirk to a T or anything.
    You're comparing wide open mid range jumpers where Pierce or Rondo sucked a defender away from KG to Dirk's one legged fade away with a player right in face.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dallas with Dirk= 2nd round exit
    Dallas w/o Dirk= one of, if not the worst team in the league

And the fact Boston was a game away from the ECF shows how overrated KG is.
    or how good the celtics are, more like. The Celtics with KG would have repeated, their only bump in the road a mentally frail Lakers team they pwned the very year before.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Howard, Terry, Harris, Stackhouse, Dampier, Diop, etc. all at their primes that was a great team.
    they all choked in the finals. You need to have other stars to win it all.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count

If Dirk had Allen Pierce, Perky, Rondo, Posey, PJ Brown, Eddie House and Sam Cassell, his team would have won it all in 2006.

If KG had the supporting cast I just described his team wouldn't sniff the finals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and terry, howard and diop only show up against the spurs

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Dirk > KG

and its not nearly as close as they used to be.

KG's defense is overrated.

Dirk's defense is underrated.

And Dirk always owns KG head to head.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they all choked in the finals. You need to have other stars to win it all.
    Change Dirk for KG in 2008 and I really doubt that the Celtics would have been the champs.

Scarlett our Goddess4ever
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Dampier had crapped out since long before 06 while Stack also had entered the 3rd year of his twilight era, Devin Harris was still immature by that time and Diop was simply an x-factor that only plays well when facing Duncan and Spurs. Actually the real help could only be demanded from Jet and Josh, so it was approximately Dirk himself that carried that team into the NBA finals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Change Dirk for KG in 2008 and I really doubt that the Celtics would have been the champs.
    what now, you really think that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Dirk had Allen Pierce, Perky, Rondo, Posey, PJ Brown, Eddie House and Sam Cassell, his team would have won it all in 2006.

If KG had the supporting cast I just described his team wouldn't sniff the finals.
    I doubt that. The reason those guys won the 'ship in '08 was because of their defense, and according to them the reason for that defensive improvment was KG's prescence. He set the tone for everyone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what now, you really think that?
    yes. Without KG that team wouldn't have been even half as good defensively. And the defense was what won them the championship.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count

Because Boston happened to run a system last year that needs a player like KG to succeed.

That'd be like saying I doubt the Suns win 62 games in 2005 with Kobe instead of Nash therefore Nash > Kobe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're comparing wide open mid range jumpers where Pierce or Rondo sucked a defender away from KG to Dirk's one legged fade away with a player right in face.
    wrong. I didn't compare in that post. I just think its incredulous (read: re ed) to call out KG for shooting jumpers like he has his entire career when comparing him to the world's premiere 7foot jumpshooter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    even a Spur fan will say Dirk is a nobrainer. It's like comparing Jason Terry to Manu Ginobili

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count

You really don't think Dallas with Perkins, Allen, Pierce, Rondo, Posey, Brown House and Cassell would have won it all in 2006?

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Some bitter Spurs fans in here I can see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    even a Spur fan will say Dirk is a nobrainer. It's like comparing Jason Terry to Manu Ginobili
    Yes but Manu would be KG (two locks for the HoF), and Dirk Terry (two that aren't, even though I think Dirk will eventualy get there).

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    wrong. I didn't compare in that post. I just think its incredulous (read: re ed) to call out KG for shooting jumpers like he has his entire career when comparing him to the world's premiere 7foot jumpshooter.

Except that's not what I did moron. I said when your offense consists of wide open mid range jumpers someone else creates for you, you're not an "above average" offensive player. Dirk creates virtually every shot he takes.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    exactly, Manu and KG both are prone to injuries. Healthy Manu and KG are as good as JET and Dirk though.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    yes. Without KG that team wouldn't have been even half as good defensively. And the defense was what won them the championship.

They wouldn't have needed to be as good defensively with Dirk instead of KG.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Except that's not what I did moron. I said when your offense consists of wide open mid range jumpers someone else creates for you, you're not an "above average" offensive player. Dirk creates virtually every shot he takes.
    pwned

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes but Manu would be KG (two locks for the HoF), and Dirk Terry (two that aren't, even though I think Dirk will eventualy get there).
    Dirk > Manu

If manu is a lock, so is dirk

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You really don't think Dallas with Perkins, Allen, Pierce, Rondo, Posey, Brown House and Cassell would have won it all in 2006?
    The Allen and Cassel of '06 aren't the same that the Allen and Cassel of '08. And yeah I don't think they would have won it all. 'Cause that team wouldn't be as good on defense as the '08 Celtics. And defense is what wins championships.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count

How the is Manu a lock for the HoF?

Thread Information