• Dirk Nowitzki

99 71.74%
  • Kevin Garnett

39 28.26%
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    On top of that, KGs only move is his turnaround J from the baseline. He is vastly overrated on offense and defense. I will take Dirk over any PF in the league not named Duncan.
    I wouldn't say he's overrated on defense, I think on a really good well coached defensive team you can lose one player and still play good defense. He still is probably the best S/R and help defender in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KG doesn't post up anymore. I'm not stereotyping him at all. If we were talking about 2004 KG on Minnesota it'd be a different story.
    Nice stereotyping there (2004 kg). The 2004 KG had more on his shoulders and had to get all their easy buckets near the rim. Now, he can get easy buckets from 18 feet. I'm not sure if you understand how basketball works, contested shots near the rim <<<<< wide open jumpers for KG. Hence why they, you know, kick it out to him in the first place?

I'm beginning to wonder if you're aware of how an offense works.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know about you but I like my bigmen to play inside and shoot more than 47% form the field, but maybe that's just me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would say Dirk is a lock for HoF as much as Ginobili.
    yup. Eventhough Manu is closer to his 4th ring than Dirk to his 1st

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I don't know about you but I like my bigmen to play inside and shoot more than 47% form the field, but maybe that's just me.
    I wasn't aware KG played inside on offense.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Nice stereotyping there (2004 kg). The 2004 KG had more on his shoulders and had to get all their easy buckets near the rim. Now, he can get easy buckets from 18 feet. I'm not sure if you understand how basketball works, contested shots near the rim <<<<< wide open jumpers for KG. Hence why they, you know, kick it out to him in the first place?

I'm beginning to wonder if you're aware of how an offense works.

And I'm saying you don't need to be a good offensive player to make wide open 18 footer someone kicked out to you, Kurt in Thomas could do that when Nash kicked it out to him on the Suns.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he tries. Only in quarters 1-3

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    z0sa says I'm talking out of my ass when everyone else seems to agree with me, hmmm
    No, everyone doesn't agree with you. Reread the thread.

First, you call KG a jumpshooter whne that's the entire basis of Dirk's offense. Let me reiterate: wide open shots are much, much better than contested fadeaways

Second, you said Manu is not a lock for the HoF. More foolishness. You fired back that he wouldn't get into the "nba" hall of fame. There is no NBA hall of fame, all the greats were inducted into the Naismith and wouldn't accept an induction other than from there. So, a double edged sword of hypocrisy.

Third, you think you won the popularity contest when multiple already agreed KG is better. So, "everyone" doesn't agree with you. How many more times do you want be wrong and yet claim self-victory?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey I'm looking for the NBA hall of fame page but I can't find it, I'd apreciate if somebody can post a link, thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    one thing for certain-they both rank below duncan.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    People giving crap to KG about not playing inside is pretty silly when comparing him to Dirk, who isn't exactly the poster boy for posting up.

IT's true that I wish KG would take a step or two closer for the layup, but he's pretty money with that turnaround jumper. Besides, that's what Perkins is for. KG would just be clogging up the lane in many cases.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well if he doesn't he must be a better shooter than Dirk 'cause he averages 50% from the field while the German averages 47%.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    First, you call KG a jumpshooter whne that's the entire basis of Dirk's offense. Let me reiterate: wide open shots are much, much better than contested fadeaways

Let me reiterate he's not creating that wide open shot for himself, someone else is. god you're stupid.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Oh yeah, almost forgot: it's tough to defend that turnaround jumper, because KG can open up some space when he spins. A few people can defend it decently due to reach/smarts, but it still gives him a good look at the basket before he releases.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey I'm looking for the NBA hall of fame page but I can't find it, I'd apreciate if somebody can post a link, thanks.
    there's is no "nba" hall of fame. All the greats were inducted in the Basketball Hall of Fame. No NBA players would accept an induction into a lesser Hall out of respect for themselves.

Whoever called that, is talking out of their ass since they underrate Manu.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Well if he doesn't he must be a better shooter than Dirk 'cause he averages 50% from the field while the German averages 47%.

It's easy to average a higher % when your team doesn't need you to do everything.

Also, Dirk scored 25.9 PPG with 20 shot attempts per game.

KG scored 15.8 PPG with 13 shot attempts per game.

25.9/20 > 15.8/13

So Dirk scored more points at a more efficient rate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let me reiterate he's not creating that wide open shot for himself, someone else is. god you're stupid.
    And let me reiterate that's not the majority of his offense.

I'm still waiting on numbers from you, otherwise "everyone" must conclude you're just stereotyping him from the 2 games a year you watch Boston.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    you're just stereotyping him from the 2 games a year you watch Boston.

I wasn't aware Boston didn't have nationally televised games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh yeah, almost forgot: it's tough to defend that turnaround jumper, because KG can open up some space when he spins. A few people can defend it decently due to reach/smarts, but it still gives him a good look at the basket before he releases.
    Yeah, somehow KG's "only" move is a turnaround J when that's exactly Dirk's goto move ... from EVEN FURTHER OUT!

I've seen KG rule the paint on both ends with Tim/Shaq-like dominance just last season. Anyone who just didn't see it, therefore believes it never happens, needs to STFU.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After watching Dirk owning the spurs all these years, i can't believe spurs fans still underrate him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there's is no "nba" hall of fame. All the greats were inducted in the Basketball Hall of Fame. No NBA players would accept an induction into a lesser Hall out of respect for themselves.

Whoever called that, is talking out of their ass since they underrate Manu.
    Thanks, I found it strange that I never heard of the NBA HoF before. Now I know why.

So like I was saying: Manu and KG= 1st ballot HoF- Dirk= probable HoF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wasn't aware Boston didn't have nationally televised games.
    you obviously don't watch them

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Dirks game was NEVER posting up or playing inside. His game is all perimeter and midrange. KG had inside game awhile back but now he is regulating to mid-range, which Dirk owns him in.
    Hence why I said I voted for KG due to defense. Again, I'm not hating on people who pick Dirk; I think either choice is valid.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    you obviously don't watch them

Wow laughing at your own joke pretty lame.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After watching Dirk owning the spurs all these years, i can't believe spurs fans still underrate him.
    bro, i watched the tiest spurs team d in a long time + matt bonner make dirk look like a throughout the 09 series. Dirk was pathetically bad at times during that series as long as we kept a big on him.

Thread Information