Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    As you might know, we are moving soon. Since we are moving to a much larger house, I need to buy a bunch of furniture. What furniture stores do you recommend? I need couches, a new dining room set and other miscellaneous furniture.

Thanks in advance.

You won't like what I say DynastyBuilder's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Furniture Row in Selma is pretty good for couches, etc. Reasonably priced.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    I'll get you a bad ass discount at JCPenney

but not too much

Crowned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Haverty's has always had good stuff.

If it's your style, Rustic Mile off 281/Bitters has really good prices.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    If it's your style, Rustic Mile off 281/Bitters has really good prices.
    Thanks, someone else suggested that too. I like some of the dining tables they have online.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    big lots..diamond in the ruff.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    USC Trojans
    Depends on your budget and style.

My mom used to be the receptionist at Ethan Allan and they are fab. Love the style and since it's all custum you can't go wrong. It's way on the pricey side though.

If I were to buy furniture I would go to Ashley furniture just because they have the traditional modern fusion that I like.

Haverty's is a good combo in between Ashley and Ethan Allan. Bassett is kind of right below that and not bad either.

I'd take a trip to the 10/ De Zavala area and go to all the store over there. There's plenty to choose from. Oh, and then there's always Lack's. You can never go wrong with Lack's either. There's one of those off by Bandera/1604.

Oh man, but then Dillard's has some good stuff too...I can pretty much shop for anything. So...yeah. Anyway. But I don't know where's there's a Dillard's with furniture anymore.

Just noticed...that was number 7,777.

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I always find something I like at Dillard's. That's pretty much my ol' standby store for everything. When my kids move out, I'd love to redo my whole place from Hill Country Interiors

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    are you lookin gettin a suite or just individual items per...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Depends on your budget and style.

My mom used to be the receptionist at Ethan Allan and they are fab. Love the style and since it's all custum you can't go wrong. It's way on the pricey side though.

If I were to buy furniture I would go to Ashley furniture just because they have the traditional modern fusion that I like.

Haverty's is a good combo in between Ashley and Ethan Allan. Bassett is kind of right below that and not bad either.

I'd take a trip to the 10/ De Zavala area and go to all the store over there. There's plenty to choose from. Oh, and then there's always Lack's. You can never go wrong with Lack's either. There's one of those off by Bandera/1604.

Oh man, but then Dillard's has some good stuff too...I can pretty much shop for anything. So...yeah. Anyway. But I don't know where's there's a Dillard's with furniture anymore.

Just noticed...that was number 7,777.
    Some pieces I'm willing to splurge on... dining table/chairs and living room couch. But then I need a bunch of side items like side tables, bookcase, some chairs and other stuff.

Ashley Furniture has some nice pieces but their couches aren't that comfortable. I have never been to Haverty's. I am not a big fan of Lack's.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll probably end up going to a bunch of name brand places and then shopping at a little shop

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I always find something I like at Dillard's. That's pretty much my ol' standby store for everything. When my kids move out, I'd love to redo my whole place from Hill Country Interiors
    I've never been to Dillard's in San Antonio (only in Phoenix)... I didn't even know they had decent furniture.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Trinity Tigers
    You could always go to Ikea, as long as you don't mind your furniture small.

Eurway is another place to check if you like that faux-Scandanavian style.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    You could always go to Ikea, as long as you don't mind your furniture small.

Eurway is another place to check if you like that faux-Scandanavian style.
    Yeah, I'm not a fan of Ikea. It's too little and "college" style for me. (If that makes sense.)

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ikea is very practical in style, price and function. But it's such any easy look to replicate that it's everywhere, like Walmart and Target. But their Swedish Meatballs can not be replicated by anyone--yum.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Ikea is very practical in style, price and function. But it's such any easy look to replicate that it's everywhere, like Walmart and Target. But their Swedish Meatballs can not be replicated by anyone--yum.
    In my college years, everyone shopped at Ikea... so I think I just don't associate it with "grown up" furniture.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas State Bobcats
    Furniture Row in Selma is pretty good for couches, etc. Reasonably priced.
    They are good and bad. The good is they can have some really good deals on tables (they had a huge marble table with 6 chairs for around $400). The bad is you have to check the furniture very carefully because we had problems where there were major scratches when we got it out of the box.

Spurs are Lottery Bound. SequSpur's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    ikea blows....

here is the deal... Ashleys has very good stuff at a very good price but they in blow when it comes to getting your stuff on time.

Rooms to go has good stuff and frickin is always on time.. and they will fix your if it's jacked up.

Lacks blows also.

The rest of the is overpriced, ghetto or a waste of time.

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    In my college years, everyone shopped at Ikea... so I think I just don't associate it with "grown up" furniture.
    Yea I agree, it's good for kids' rooms but I wouldn't want it any place else. Another place I really like is La-Z-Boy. Their furniture is probably the comfiest, and you'd be surprised how classic their style is.

^^ Haha "comfiest" looks weird; I meant "most comfy".

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Yeah, I'm not a fan of Ikea. It's too little and "college" style for me. (If that makes sense.)
    Depends on what you get. Their cheap stuff is very dorm room, but they do have grown up furniture that is very nice. Overall hit and miss, but I love some of their things. Especially more detail oriented items -- lighting, kitchen items, rugs, etc.

But their Swedish Meatballs can not be replicated by anyone--yum.
    They're not quite as good as my dad's, but I do enjoy them.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    If you can be patient and buy things on sale, you will save a fortune.

But asking a woman to be patient.....

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I always liked the quality of Bassett...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Two of my favorites if you like rustic/tuscan are Armoirs and Accents and Hill Country Interiors.

needs a margarita
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Star Furniture--they sell Thomasville, etc.

I've also bought stuff from Dillard's.

There's also Louis Shanks. Might be a little overpriced. just depends what you're looking for.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I've done really well buying furniture for the ranch house at Furniture for a Cause. It's a fundraiser for the SAMMinistries that runs several local homeless shelters. They have both good quality used stuff and brand new stuff donated by furniture stores...It's at 5254 Blanco Rd 78216

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Kori,

Try Stowers Furniture.

http://www.stowersfurniture.com/

Thread Information