Veteran
    My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count

Master of Information Dr. Gonzo's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    That is a lame attempt at getting more money. There is no way he can sit out a season and then get drafted higher than 10.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    That is a lame attempt at getting more money. There is no way he can sit out a season and then get drafted higher than 10.
    Where do the Lions pick next year?

Post Count
    If he goes back into the draft, will Oakland pass on him again?

Win. Whatever it Takes Whisky Dog's Avatar
    Post Count
    He'll sign, come into camp very late, and suck for a while. Too much risk to turn down guaranteed millions and gamble on what might happen within the next year.

Haven't we learned from Jamarcus Russell!!!

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Haven't we learned from Jamarcus Russell!!!
    Or Mike Williams for that matter. Although he was a little bit different; he should be a lesson for those who think they can take a year off and still be productive without ever being in the NFL.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    Post Count
    I knew this was going to be an issue when Bey was drafted ahead of him.

Post Count
    i love it when an agent tells a player you are top 3 talent and yet the player did not go in the top 3.

Kooler than Jesus Nathan Explosion's Avatar
    Post Count
    i love it when an agent tells a player you are top 3 talent and yet the player did not go in the top 3.
    Except, in this case, Crabtree was easily a top 3 talent.

BTW, who says he has to play in the NFL or sit out this year. If he really doesn't want to play for the 49ers, he can play in the new league to stay in game shape, and try his luck next year.

Would the niners still hold his rights or would he be a free agent?

reppin the 16th letter! Fillmoe's Avatar
    Post Count
    so say he plays in league crapFL... injures himself while making 400k a year... then what? i doubt hes stupid enough to risk making millions

Kooler than Jesus Nathan Explosion's Avatar
    Post Count
    so say he plays in league crapFL... injures himself while making 400k a year... then what? i doubt hes stupid enough to risk making millions
    That's what Lloyd's of London is for. Insure himself against injury.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    Post Count
    First and foremost I expect he'll sign. If he doesn't he definitely won't play in that other league and risk injury. I also don't see this affecting his draft stock if he sits it out.

Che cazzo stai dicendo? DisgruntledLionFan#54,927's Avatar
    Post Count
    Not affecting his draft stock? You're damn right it will.

Say you're sitting at #6 next year with Crabtree on the board. Aside from the fact that he probably will not have played any ball in close to 16 months and the fact he won't be able to attend the combine or schedule workouts with anyone until a week before the draft (49ers still own his ass at this point), who's to say the kid won't pull the same kind of diva stunt next year and want #1 $$$$? Plus, Bryant and Benn look to be just as good or even better as prospects.

He had character issues before this year's draft that will be amplified by 10 when next year's draft rolls around. And if he tanks his 40, then he'll drop out of the 1st round completely IMO.

At least he'll still have the idea of being a top 3 talent firmly ingrained on that 10 cent head of his.

Where Everything Happens The Franchise's Avatar
    Post Count
    If he's that stupid let him.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    I hope whenever he gets on the field, that a DB goes after his knees and he never plays again. Even that would be more than this selfish deserves.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    ignorance personified

I hope his dumb ass sits out this year and enters the draft next year, and cry for top 10 money when he gets drafted in the second round by then Niners again.

I would love to see that.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I hope whenever he gets on the field, that a DB goes after his knees and he never plays again. Even that would be more than this selfish deserves.

I don't care how "selfish" a player is, I would never wish harm or ill will on a player like that.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I hope his dumb ass sits out this year and enters the draft next year, and cry for top 10 money when he gets drafted in the second round by then Niners again.

I would love to see that.

Now I wouldn't mind seeing that.

Will see if his agent sticks to his word but who is to say he'd be a top 10 pick in next year's draft? heck, he may fall further down the draft board.

If he's smart, he'd take the $$$ now.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Will see if his agent sticks to his word but who is to say he'd be a top 10 pick in next year's draft? heck, he may fall further down the draft board.

If he's smart, he'd take the $$$ now.

No way he'd be a top 10 pick.

Tony Manadrich and Mike Williams are still on 32 scout's minds.

I mean, whats wrong with working and earning your money?

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    I don't care how "selfish" a player is, I would never wish harm or ill will on a player like that.
    Maybe a tad strong (I think I'm ultra-sensitive to en led athletes given Utah's recent Carlos Boozer saga.)

But it, that's how I feel. This asshole, who hasn't played a single down, is being offered millions of dollars and is basically throwing it back in the world's face saying, "that's not good enough."

Well on that dumbness. Maybe I shouldn't have advocated the destruction of his ACL's, but whatever means keep him from the end result of getting paid are A-Okay with me.
    Last edited by balli; 08-11-2009 at 02:05 PM. Reason: typographical correction

Post Count
    yeah that's too much.

Just send him over the middle a few times, let the defense tee off on him once or twice with some good, legal, bone-jarring hits. Nothing that will injure him just enough to say "you ed up, rook...you ready to play with the big boys now?"

Thread Information