Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What for? You still need clarification that MacGuffie (whatever his connections to wing-nuts) iis inciting people to act thuggish at townhall meetings?

The Web site Politico.com on Sunday published a leaked memo written by MacGuffie, "Rocking the Town Halls Best Practices," in which he detailed how to infiltrate and harass the forums. In the memo, MacGuffie described how the strategy was successful in ruining Rep. Jim Himes' town hall meeting in Fairfield, Conn., and encouraged opponents of Obama's health-care reform proposal to use shouting and interruptions. MacGuffie could not be reached Tuesday for comment.

Esther Hartzheim of Green Bay said she wanted to have some important questions answered Monday night but left after a half-hour.

"I couldn't take it anymore," she said. "It was clear people weren't going to allow him (Kagen) to speak. The whole process was ugly. I'm very concerned and angry because this is an important issue."
    Greenbay Press Gazzette

What else would you like me to prove? the sky is blue? the grass is yellow?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What for? You still need clarification that MacGuffie (whatever his connections to wing-nuts) iis inciting people to act thuggish at townhall meetings?

I can see why you think 9/11 conspiracies are so compelling.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    They are against the bill that forces old people to go to Carousel for renewal.
    *winner* +1 for obscure sci-fi reference.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    1 . National Health Care Quality Act (Introduced in Senate)[S.966.IS]
    2 . National Health Care Quality Act (Introduced in House)[H.R.2252.IH]
    3 . Medical Practice Protection Act of 2009 (Introduced in House)[H.R.2975.IH]

gaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh1111111111
    If you ever make a 12,000 line post again, I will hunt you down..buy you a beer then break your fingers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see why you think 9/11 conspiracies are so compelling.
    ...and I can see why your so apt at spreading half-truths

MacGuffie and four friends lead a group called Right Principles, described as "a communication and organizing platform so those for whom our core beliefs...ring true." Despite his connection to Freedom Works, MacGuffie insisted to me that his group is unaffiliated with the wealthy conservative interest groups that have fronted the right wing tea party events.

But his memo nonetheless found its way to hundreds of tea party activists, including the very organizations MacGuffie insists he's unaffiliated with.

Like many political movements in the country, the so-called Tea Party Patriots organize on a number of email list serves--an eponymous google group, one called Health Care Freedom Tea Party, the aforementioned Tea Party Patriots Health Care Reform Committee--where the broader community of tea baggers, including those working independently, co-ordinate.

MacGuffie's memo was posted to the Tea Party Patriots' list serve, which is hundreds of members large, and includes representatives from not just small protest groups, but also major anti-health reform organizations such as Conservatives for Patients Rights, and Patients First, Patients United Now (an affiliate of Americans for Prosperity), and, yes, Freedom Works.

With such broad and powerful memberships, the group is able to co-ordinate protests and counter protests at events hosted by members of Congress and pro-reform groups. And that's just what they've been doing, and plan to do much more over the August congressional recess, during which many believe the fate of health care reform will be decided.

This isn't the first time private correspondence on these list serves has opened a window into the tea bagger id. Last month, TPMMuckraker's Zack Roth broke the story of Dr. David McKalip--a high profile anti-health care reformer who forwarded a racist email to fellow activists on what Zack described as a "Google listserv affiliated with the Tea Party movement." Once exposed, McKalip withdrew from public activism, to the great, effusive dismay of his supporters on that list. In addition, then, to organizing shout downs at town halls, these list serves are used as a hub for those who like to guffaw at pictures of Barack Obama with a bone through his nose.

Late update: By what must be a complete coincidence, CPR's website contains a list of the same town hall forums on its website, "provided as a resource for our visitors." It also contains a separate page, where the group hosts videos of the same town hall disruptions which, behind the scenes
    Talking Point Memo

So while MacGuffie may not be a card carrying member of FreedomWorks, they have no problem sharing internal memos with teabagger affiliates making such affiliations sketchy at best to research...all the better to give themselves plausible deniability in such cases of course

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dunno. I've watched it twice now and the group comes off as rather prickish. I think she stated the position of the AARP was to work with legislators on both sides to address the issues of healtcare with the input of the AARP membership. She seemed to go out of her way to state that they were not endorsing anything, but simply working to see that the views of AARP were included.
    She got pretty harpy towards the end, but I would too, I suspect. I don't think the crowd did the conservatives any favors.
    The issue is, the AARP isn't working with both sides. They're fully in the corner of Obamacare, despite the obvious negative impact on the AARP's member bse.

revolucion en sucesion
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Summary:

You are a dumb .
    Your scalding-Obama avatar depicts pretty well your hatred upon the dumb guys, no need to show it off here by insulting a Mav fan who actually is not as dumb as you are.

247,000 jobs were lost in America in the last single month of July, I believe the Americans joining Town Hall Meeting aren't actually holding something against the US government or the president, but such meetings are bound to go continuously on until the government get them back to jobs.

Thread Information