Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chandler was hurt almost all of last season and Peja was building brick house for the Katrina victims all last season. When he has a good team around him, he showed us what he could do.
    Parker had Bonner starting, no Ginobili, with Finley and Mason. He only had Duncan.

I am talking about when they were healthy. When healthy he has plenty of talent around him. What could he do with a good team? Lose to Parker in the playoffs after having one of the top records in the west?

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Chandler was hurt almost all of last season and Peja was building brick house for the Katrina victims all last season. When he has a good team around him, he showed us what he could do.
    lol but tru

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Parker had Bonner starting, no Ginobili, with Finley and Mason. He only had Duncan.

I am talking about when they were healthy. What could he do with a good team? Lose to Parker in the playoffs after having one of the top records in the west?
    When they were healthy and his team was clicking, CP3 showed what he could do in 2008.

And don't call Peja a 3 point shooter who could spread the floor.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When they were healthy and his team was clicking, CP3 showed what he could do in 2008.

he does spread the floor, when he misses, the ball karams really far

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean last year, the last time the Spurs and Hornets played,

TP had: Duncan, Bonner, Mason and Finley starting. With Kurt Thomas, Udoka, Bowen and Gooden on the bench.

CP3 had: Peja, West, Chandler and Butler starting. With Posey, Marks, Devin Brown and Antonio Daniels on the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Just because you hate on Peja, does not make him a bad shooter. What did he do in 2008? Lost to Parker.

I am the man with no name Hornets1's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Why are people acting like having a 7 foot athletic big man in Chandler that can run the floor, a PF in West who has great range, one of the best 3 point shooters to play in Peja are nothing?
    Chandler and Peja are always hurt.
    It's funny how Paul's supporting casts either gets praised or dumped on, depending on the thread. If it's a thread bashing Paul and calling him overrated, his cast is praised and called underrated( which is the norm, seeing as it takes away from Paul and makes him seem less important and less-talented)

Some people need to make up their mind and stop flip-flopping like a politician.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, TP's supporting cast last year was not all-stars. Tim started out great, and still played well with managed minutes.

But Bonner, Finley and Mason as starter? That is not a strong line up and comparable with CP3's Hornets.

West gave the Hornets 21 PPG and 8.5 REB in 76 games.

Duncan gave the Spurs 19 PPG and 10.7 REB in 75 games.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Peja was good in 20088 but was horrawful last season.

And West is good, but I do think CP3 makes him look a bit better than he actually is.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    And why would you think I hate Peja? I really don't hate anyone on the Hornets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Peja was good in 20088 but was horrawful last season.

And West is good, but I do think CP3 makes him look a bit better than he actually is.
    Ok, but your claim to CP3 is look what he can do in 2008 with a healthy team full of talented players. He lost to Parker in the playoffs. So what did he prove?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, TP's supporting cast last year was not all-stars. Tim started out great, and still played well with managed minutes.

But Bonner, Finley and Mason as starter? That is not a strong line up and comparable with CP3's Hornets.

this ^

Tony carried the Spurs for at least 1/2 the season and we ended up in 3rd place. we had Bonner, an old Bowen and an even older Finley playing major minutes. Not to mention Oberto an ancient Kurt Thomas, a rookie George Hill and injured Manu and Duncan.

lot of ppl underestimating Parker's value to the Spurs last season.

still CP3 is more valuable to Hornets, but what position did his team end up in?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I meant you were hating on him bc of a bad season. Not that you generally hate him.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Why are people acting like having a 7 foot athletic big man in Chandler that can run the floor, a PF in West who has great range, one of the best 3 point shooters to play in Peja are nothing?

I am talking about when they were healthy. When healthy he has plenty of talent around him. What could he do with a good team? Lose to Parker in the playoffs after having one of the top records in the west?
    I mean last year, the last time the Spurs and Hornets played,

TP had: Duncan, Bonner, Mason and Finley starting. With Kurt Thomas, Udoka, Bowen and Gooden on the bench.

CP3 had: Peja, West, Chandler and Butler starting. With Posey, Marks, Devin Brown and Antonio Daniels on the bench.

I love how spurfans underrate all spur players, and overrate all non-spur players in some discussions, then do vice versa in different discussions when its convenient.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Ok, but your claim to CP3 is look what he can do in 2008 with a healthy team full of talented players. He lost to Parker in the playoffs. So what did he prove?
    He didn't lose to Parker in 2008. The Spurs beat the Hornets. Do you think the 2008 Hornets were as good as the 2008 Spurs? CP3 was making Chandler look great, and West was a meast. Peja still folded when it mattered, though. Who was the starting SG? Mo Pete, I think. Plus, that team had next to no bench.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count

Neither was Paul''s. Sure DWest made the all-star team, and I DO THINK he is an all-star, but no one else does, until a thread like this comes along..................

For a large part of the year, we were starting Paul, Butler, Wright, West, and Armstrong BC Peja and Chandler were out. Even when they were in the game, they were never 100%. Chandler had/has degenerative toe/foot issues and Peja's back will never be the same(PEJA NEEDS TO STOP HIS CHARITY BOWLING EVENT). Yea, its for charity, but ppl w/ bad backs who get paid $15 mill/year to shoot 3's SHOULDN'T BE BOWLING!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it not the truth?

Duncan is clearly better than West, but a hobbled Duncan comes back down to earth, even with good numbers as evidenced in the Mavs series.

LMFAO you trying to overrate Bonner/Mason/Finley. Keep in mind that I am the one who said the Spurs would lose in the playoffs to the Mavs bc I knew the talent disparity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Neither was Paul''s. Sure DWest made the all-star team, and I DO THINK he is an all-star, but no one else does, until a thread like this comes along..................

For a large part of the year, we were starting Paul, Butler, Wright, West, and Armstrong BC Peja and Chandler were out. Even when they were in the game, they were never 100%. Chandler had/has degenerative toe/foot issues and Peja's back will never be the same(PEJA NEEDS TO STOP HIS CHARITY BOWLING EVENT). Yea, its for charity, but ppl w/ bad backs who get paid $15 mill/year to shoot 3's SHOULDN'T BE BOWLING!
    I never said they were. I am saying everytime the Spurs and Hornets have comparable talent, TP does better.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    this ^

Tony carried the Spurs for at least 1/2 the season and we ended up in 3rd place. we had Bonner, an old Bowen and an even older Finley playing major minutes. Not to mention Oberto an ancient Kurt Thomas, a rookie George Hill and injured Manu and Duncan.

lot of ppl underestimating Parker's value to the Spurs last season.

still CP3 is more valuable to Hornets, but what position did his team end up in?
    We were the #7 seed, and you guys were #3 right. We would have been #5 or 6 and you guys would have been #3 or #4 if Finley doesn't send that game into overtime. Talk about splitting hairs.....(Great shot by Finley by the way, I got sick to my stomach the second he put that shot up...... I knew it would find the net).

There was what? 3-4 games seperating #3 seed from the #8 seed? That's nothing in an 82 game season.

It's really comical how some people's perspective changes 180 degrees from thread to thread.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Name PPG APG RPG SPG BPG FT 3% FG%
    CP 22.8 11 5.5 2.8 0.1 .868 .364 .503
    TP 22.0 6.9 3.1 .9 0.1 .782 .292 .506

CP3>>>TP9

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We were the #7 seed, and you guys were #3 right. We would have been #5 or 6 and you guys would have been #3 or #4 if Finley doesn't send that game into overtime. Talk about splitting hairs.....(Great shot by Finley by the way, I got sick to my stomach the second he put that shot up...... I knew it would find the net).

There was what? 3-4 games seperating #3 seed from the #8 seed? That's nothing in an 82 game season.

It's really comical how some people's perspective changes 180 degrees from thread to thread.
    so you do agree Parker is almost as valuable as CP3 las season correct?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He didn't lose to Parker in 2008. The Spurs beat the Hornets. Do you think the 2008 Hornets were as good as the 2008 Spurs? CP3 was making Chandler look great, and West was a meast. Peja still folded when it mattered, though. Who was the starting SG? Mo Pete, I think. Plus, that team had next to no bench.
    So, now Paul didn't have the talent in 2008 like you claimed? So why make the argument "look at what he did in 2008 when he has talent"?

Chandler also helped bail CP3 out on defense and helped guard Duncan pretty damn efficiently.

I think the Spurs won because overall the Spurs had a better team, but if CP3 was so much better than TP, he had the talent to overcome. It did go to game 7, in New Orleans.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Is it not the truth?

Duncan is clearly better than West, but a hobbled Duncan comes back down to earth, even with good numbers as evidenced in the Mavs series.

LMFAO you trying to overrate Bonner/Mason/Finley. Keep in mind that I am the one who said the Spurs would lose in the playoffs to the Mavs bc I knew the talent disparity.

Who is overrating them? Where?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Point is, that the argument, "look at the talent" or "what CP3 does with less talent" is not really truthful.

I think CP3 is better, but it that does not mean you have to undervalue TP at the same time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who is overrating them? Where?
    When people are saying "look at how you overrate the Hornets when it suits you, but underrate them later...."

They are doing the same thing when they say Parker had more to work with last year.

Having Mason/Bonner/Finley starting is just as bad as the starter for the Hornets.

Given, Duncan was still able to beast for the first half of the season, and still be effective into the playoffs.

Thread Information