Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    there is no in way that parker is better than paul.

CP3 owns TP9 in every possible catogorie

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony Parker.

Because I'm a homer.

I am the man with no name Hornets1's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    So, now Paul didn't have the talent in 2008 like you claimed? So why make the argument "look at what he did in 2008 when he has talent"?

Chandler also helped bail CP3 out on defense and helped guard Duncan pretty damn efficiently.

I think the Spurs won because overall the Spurs had a better team, but if CP3 was so much better than TP, he had the talent to overcome. It did go to game 7, in New Orleans.
    TP didn't win the series, the Spurs did. Paul and Parker both played great. Maybe the funnest PG vs. PG series I have ever seen. I was at game 7 and didn't think we were going to win b/c of the Spurs postseason experience, and we almost won at the end, but it just wasn't meant to be. 10 players play at a time, not 2. Paul did AMAZING for his 1st playoff run, better than Parker.

Paul can't beat the Spurs by himself(That's not a knock, that would just be super-human). Yeah, Paul is the better player and PG, but I'm not trying to take away from Parker, who is an Amazing player, top 3 PG and top 10 player IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Before last season I would have picked Paul 10 times out of 10.

But now, the difference is very small. Parker has proven he can carry a team, in a different way, but still carry a team. I still pick paul, but I am not liking his flopping whining ways. I would not be mad if I ended up with Parker instead of Paul at this point.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So, now Paul didn't have the talent in 2008 like you claimed? So why make the argument "look at what he did in 2008 when he has talent"?

Chandler also helped bail CP3 out on defense and helped guard Duncan pretty damn efficiently.

I think the Spurs won because overall the Spurs had a better team, but if CP3 was so much better than TP, he had the talent to overcome. It did go to game 7, in New Orleans.
    That was CP3's best team and it really wasn't as good as one of the worst Spur teams this decade(The 99-00 team and 08-09 teams were probably worse)

I think CP3 is the better player, PG, any other way you wanna put it. I think they are on par as far as scoring, but once you get to CP3's passing ability, it puts him on another level. It's really no knock on Parker. I think he or D-Will is the second best PG.

Can you tell me why you think Parker is the better player?

Edit: and I only said the 99-00 team cause TD got hurt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Exactly.

Looking at what TP did this year with a team that really over achieved, the gap has closed in my mind. It is still CP3, but it is closer than I once believed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    West is two time allstar
    Peja is a perenial allstar
    Pargo is an allstar in Russia
    Chandler is DPOY material.
    Mo williams is freaking underrated.

In 2008 he had the best supporting cast in the league and still manage to lose to the spurs.

Hope you're convinced.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

But now, the difference is very small. Parker has proven he can carry a team, in a different way, but still carry a team. I still pick paul, but I am not liking his flopping whining ways. I would not be mad if I ended up with Parker instead of Paul at this point.
    One of the few posts of yours that actualy makes sense. Keep it up, boy.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    And also, that kinda proves another point that big man > PG. I remember you said you'd take a great PG over a great big. When the 3 best PG's can't get out of the first round, it shows you something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was CP3's best team and it really wasn't as good as one of the worst Spur teams this decade(The 99-00 team and 08-09 teams were probably worse)

I think CP3 is the better player, PG, any other way you wanna put it. I think they are on par as far as scoring, but once you get to CP3's passing ability, it puts him on another level. It's really no knock on Parker. I think he or D-Will is the second best PG.

Point is, that the argument, "look at the talent" or "what CP3 does with less talent" is not really truthful.

I think CP3 is better, but it that does not mean you have to undervalue TP at the same time.
    ^ Exactly.

Looking at what TP did this year with a team that really over achieved, the gap has closed in my mind. It is still CP3, but it is closer than I once believed.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    West is two time allstar
    Peja is a perenial allstar
    Pargo is an allstar in Russia
    Chandler is DPOY material.
    Mo williams is freaking underrated.

In 2008 he had the best supporting cast in the league and still manage to lose to the spurs.

Hope you're convinced.

Mo Williams? I thought he was a Buck before going to Cleveland?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

This, I agree with. In 2008, I would undoubtebly say CP3. I think the gap has closed as TP got much better in 2009.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mo Williams? I thought he was a Buck before going to Cleveland?
    i don't remember the name of their SG

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I didn't read the post about you saying CP3 was better till after I posted that. Sounds like we agree.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Dude, Manu had his best year in 2008. They were a very good team. I said the Spurs had a better team, but Paul had a healthy and talented team himself. It was not a wide gap imo in talent between the two team in 2008.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It's splitting hairs, both are very gifted scorers. I'd say Tony's a better penetrator and a more creative scorer around the paint, and I'd agree with you that Paul's better at getting to the line and better once he gets there. As far as shooters, Paul's better at 3's, but I think they're about equal shooting midrange behind screens.
    I'd agree with all this except the midrange. They are about equal on set shots from there, but Parker is much better at shooting off the dribble from midrange. Paul is better at 3's but the margin is wider in their midrange shots.

About equal on the teardrops too.

Of course, CP is clearly the better player, however they differ on scoring and shooting.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count

Ok, thats just confusing

I truly think the Spurs became Parker's team last year, not duncans. I really like watching TP and was one of the few who voted for him over duncan in the DAF polls.

Again, Thank you for the laugh.(I laugh each and everytime a spurs' fan es about flopping).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs could trade Parker for Paul straight up then they would be fools to turn it down.

BLACK MAMBA & TRU WARIER. j-money24's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Give me Deron Williams over those 2.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    West is two time allstar I AGREE WITH THAT
    Peja is a perenial allstar WAS, NOW WAY PAST HIS PRIME WITH BACK ISSUES
    Pargo is an allstar in Russia NO HE ISN'T. KBP said he is a scrub in russia
    Chandler is DPOY material. GOTTA BE HEALTHY FOR ANOTHER WHOLE SEASON FOR THAT TO HAPPEN
    Mo williams is freaking underrated. You mean mo-pete? no he's not underrated. He's rated just fine. A decent SG.

Hope you're convinced.

Typical Spurs fans' finally praising Paul's supporting cast just so you can take away from Paul and give to Parker.

Well done and thank you for proving Stretch and I's point.

My real question is: Do you actually believe the bias, flip-flopping bull you post, or does it take some self-convincing?

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Give me Deron Williams over those 2.
    Deron and TP is a closer match

Chris Paul is on a higher lvl than those two

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CP3 is the better player. Parker in the playoffs is better but Parker has mature and been there done that. In time I'm sure Paul will step it up in the playoffs and show he is truly the better of the two. Right now Parker is a great scorer and the type of PG that fits the Spurs. Paul is the type of PG NO needs. However I wouldn't say Parker is to far behind Paul. Just two different type of PGs. Pass first vs score first

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Typical Spurs fans' finally praising Paul's supporting cast just so you can take away from Paul and give to Parker.

Well done and thank you for proving Stretch and I's point.

My real question is: Do you actually believe the bias, flip-flopping bull you post, or does it take some self-convincing?
    well i wasn't being serious, i thought it was obvious.

One more time... xtremesteven33's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. CP3
    2. Parker
    3. Williams
    4. Rondo
    5. Nash

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

If the Spurs traded TP for Paul straight up, these same Spurfans that are defending Parker, would remind us nonstop how much of an upgrade they got. (And all of a sudden how their mediocre bench, is all of a sudden great)

Thread Information