Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    CP3 and King Crab are really the only two players who could take a team of trash like the Hornets to the playoffs. (Seriously who the on the Hornets actually has value?, CP3 and DWest?)
    I don't get it. Are you implying Cp3 is a top 2 player in the league?

They make the playoffs w/ Wade/Bryant as well.

I am the man with no name Hornets1's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    well i wasn't being serious, i thought it was obvious.
    I can usually tell when you're not being serious; This wasn't one of those times

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    I don't get it. Are you implying Cp3 is a top 2 player in the league?

They make the playoffs w/ Wade/Bryant as well.
    I agree w/ Wade and Bryant, but thats it. Yea, Paul is one of the top 4 in the league(putting Howard over him is a joke).

Paul/Wade/Bron/Kobe = In a League of their own

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree w/ Wade and Bryant, but thats it. Yea, Paul is one of the top 4 in the league(putting Howard over him is a joke).

Paul/Wade/Bron/Kobe = In a League of their own
    durant will soon be on that list

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    I agree with that 100%. Durant is an absolute monster!

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Agree with many who think if Chris Paul replaced Tony, he and the Spurs would be even better while replacing CP3 with Tony would probably not make the Hornets a better team.

Although both are tremendously talented and just really great players and yeah Chris Paul is a drama queen, but he's better than Tony.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    For those who say Parker is a better scorer than Paul....explain please....last year Paul averaged more PPG while attempting less shots.

One more time... xtremesteven33's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris Paul is a bag but damnit hes the best PG since Magic IMO....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i don't know about better scorer, but parker is the better finisher.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    ill bet to anybody 100 bucks that durant gon be on the All Star team this season.

unless durant brakes his hand by getting blocked by lebron.amnd will sit out whole season

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris Paul over Tony in an absolute heartbeat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the article actually sums it up pretty well, I don't know why you idiots are even trying to argue your lame analysis of the two. Everything in the article is loud and clear and makes perfect sense.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    For those who say Parker is a better scorer than Paul....explain please....last year Paul averaged more PPG while attempting less shots.
    LOL son don't bother bringing FACTS into this ... you should know by now that the facts means NOTHING to the CP3 haters here!!!

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    LOL son don't bother bringing FACTS into this ... you should know by now that the facts means NOTHING to the CP3 haters here!!!

But Parker's international career is so impressive

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would say it depends on the team and what you're looking for from your PG. If you're looking for a guy that creates shots for others, is a good defender, is a great passer and to "manage" (not in a bad way) your offense, then you go with Chris Paul. If you're looking for a guy who can penetrate, get into the paint, finish, or score, then you would go with TP. It all depends on the team.
    ^this

Overall CP3 is a better player than TP even for an homer like me but IMO in 2009 the gap has decreased a lot especially for one serie in PO. I know one serie isn't representative but TP has demonstrated that he is a winner, he did his best and put impressive numbers untill the last game, on the contrary it seems CP3 gave up a litle. The other interesting thing about TP is that he is progressing every year step by step, he works a lot to improve his game in the objective to improve his team not his personnal stat, he will never average 11 assists per game but he is reaching working hard all of his skills can give. Still CP3 > TP / DW.

oh and at everybody calling spurs fans homers when everybody in this thread is saying cp3>tp, I think the only one with a different opinion is a laker fan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TP is the disputed #2 best PG. CP3 is undisputed #1.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I know one serie isn't representative but TP has demonstrated that he is a winner, he did his best and put impressive numbers untill the last game, on the contrary it seems CP3 gave up a litle.

Both teams lost in 5 games. Parker was no more of a "winner" last season than Paul was.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both teams lost in 5 games. Parker was no more of a "winner" last season than Paul was.
    I mean he demonstrated a winning spirit even if the team lost, he fought during the whole serie. In 5 games he averaged 29 / 4 / 7 while shooting 55% ! during the RS he was at 22 / 3 / 7 at 51% when Paul in 5 games gave a 17 / 4 / 10 at 41% vs. a RS at 23 / 5 / 11 at 50%. In my mind when you are a winner in your head you don't give up even if you only have 0,1% chance to succeed especially in PO.

Oh and talking about supporting cast, in the Dallas serie Parker was close to be the second best rebounder of the team. In 5 games TD 8 RPG, Udoka and Thomas at 4,6 and TP at 4,2 RPG, how pathetic is that ?

Banned
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I mean he demonstrated a winning spirit even if the team lost, he fought during the whole serie. In 5 games he averaged 29 / 4 / 7 while shooting 55% ! during the RS he was at 22 / 3 / 7 at 51% when Paul in 5 games gave a 17 / 4 / 10 at 41% vs. a RS at 23 / 5 / 11 at 50%. In my mind when you are a winner in your head you don't give up even if you only have 0,1% chance to succeed especially in PO.

Oh and talking about supporting cast, in the Dallas serie Parker was close to be the second best rebounder of the team. In 5 games TD 8 RPG, Udoka and Thomas at 4,6 and TP at 4,2 RPG, how pathetic is that ?

One was being guarded by Chauncey Billups, the other by JJ Barea. The last time Billups guarded Parker in a playoff series, he scored 12 points or less in 4 of the 7 games, and only had one 20+ point game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was Kidd hurt?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One was being guarded by Chauncey Billups, the other by JJ Barea. The last time Billups guarded Parker in a playoff series, he scored 12 points or less in 4 of the 7 games, and only had one 20+ point game.
    so you are saying CB>CP3 ? maybe you're right at least in this serie.

oh and Parker has not being guarded by Barea. When was the last time Billups guarded Parker in a PO serie?

Banned
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count

JJ Barea was guarding Parker, that's why he started in the back court with Kidd.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count

oh and Parker has not being guarded by Barea. When was the last time Billups guarded Parker in a PO serie?
    Billups was the best PG in the playoffs this year IMO.

Banned
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    2005 finals brah.

And I guess I could be wrong, but I specifically remember reading Dallas was inserting JJ Barea into the starting lineup to guard Parker and matchup better. Either way, Billups >>>>>>> Kidd defensively.

Banned
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    No, I'm saying it's a lot easier to put up numbers on Dallas' perimeter defense than it is on Denver's.

Thread Information