Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Billups was the best PG in the playoffs this year IMO.
    I agree with that, still it was an upset for Paul and the hornets to see Billups dominating this serie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, I'm saying it's a lot easier to put up numbers on Dallas' perimeter defense than it is on Denver's.
    I agree with that but this is one thing to put up huge numbers on Dallas' perimeter defense (TP added 7 points at his RS number while shooting 55% ! difficult to ask for more) and another thing to see the best PG in the league (top 5 overall) being highly dominated by Billups ! Denver is a good team but we are not talking about the 2008 Celtics.

I am the man with no name Hornets1's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    I agree with that, still it was an upset for Paul and the hornets to see Billups dominating this serie.
    It was very, very upsetting.........

We were limping going into that series, so the series was never bound to be pretty from a hornets' perspective, and it wasn't pretty at all.....

Banned
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I agree with that but this is one thing to put up huge numbers on Dallas' perimeter defense (TP added 7 points at his RS number while shooting 55% ! difficult to ask for more) and another thing to see the best PG in the league (top 5 overall) being highly dominated by Billups ! Denver is a good team but we are not talking about the 2008 Celtics.

I'm not a big fan of either CP3 or Parker, and yes I do agree his numbers in the Dallas series were good, but they weren't any better than the monster series CP3 had against Dallas a year prior.

And yeah, no one expected him to get dominated by Billups like that, but Billups is arguably the most established, proven stud PG in the playoffs. It wasn't a huge surprise or anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well that is not a fair comparison.

In 2008, the Hornets had a team that was healthy and talented. This year, besides Duncan, TP had to do it himself. The Mavs only had to worry about stopping TP and they could not.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    I'm not a big fan of either CP3 or Parker, and yes I do agree his numbers in the Dallas series were good, but they weren't any better than the monster series CP3 had against Dallas a year prior.

And yeah, no one expected him to get dominated by Billups like that, but Billups is arguably the most established, proven stud PG in the playoffs. It wasn't a huge surprise or anything.
    Not a big fan of the compe ion, eh?

Banned
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Not a big fan of the compe ion, eh?

I don't have any compe ion. I'm on my own level.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Billups was the best PG in the playoffs this year IMO.
    Till the WCF started. Apart from 2004, he's shriveled up the moment he hits the CF.

He was something else in 2004 though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2005 finals brah.

And I guess I could be wrong, but I specifically remember reading Dallas was inserting JJ Barea into the starting lineup to guard Parker and matchup better. Either way, Billups >>>>>>> Kidd defensively.
    Exactly my point, the last CB / TP in PO was 4 years ago, CB was still in his prime and among the best NBA players, TP was a young gifted PG. In 2005 CB was > TP, not a surprise to see Billups dominating this serie and 05 Pistons D >>> 09 Denver.

Banned
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Till the WCF started. Apart from 2004, he's shriveled up the moment he hits the CF.

He was something else in 2004 though.
    2005 he played great in the ECF and the finals.

Banned
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Exactly my point, the last CB / TP in PO was 4 years ago, CB was still in his prime and among the best NBA players, TP was a young gifted PG. In 2005 CB was > TP, not a surprise to see Billups dominating this serie and 05 Pistons D >>> 09 Denver.

2005 was TP's 4th season
    2009 was CP3's 4th season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paul is better but i do believe parker is underrated here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2005 was TP's 4th season
    2009 was CP3's 4th season
    Absolutely but
    1. as I already said CP3>TP
    2. CB was 4 years younger 2005 CB >>>> 2009 CB

To sum up seeing Billups dominate the serie is a significant upset in 2009 and normal in 2005 (and I actually think that considering the context: Billups in his prime and Detroit being an impressive defensive team, Parker did reasonably well)

Banned
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I'd love to see the stats Parker would put up with David West and what CP3 would put up with Tim Duncan.

Banned
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    1. as I already said CP3>TP

Then I apologize for arguing.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    I don't have any compe ion. I'm on my own level.
    Nice!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd love to see the stats Parker would put up with David West and what CP3 would put up with Tim Duncan.
    less assists?

Banned
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count

He might have a few less assists, but he'd shoot a noticeably higher % than he does and he'd score more point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then I apologize for arguing.
    this is the whole point. There is no doubt in my mind CP3 is a better player but I like a lot TP for maximizing all his potential year after year working hard for the good of the team and for the fact he has always delivered when it matters meaning I never was disappointed by TP on a PO serie.

Banned
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I wouldn't say TP has "maximized his potential. For a 6'1" PG who seems to have normal sized hands, his jumper could be a lot better.

Banned
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Other than that though yeah he has progressed a ton since entering the NBA.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    this is the whole point. There is no doubt in my mind CP3 is a better player but I like a lot TP for maximizing all his potential year after year working hard for the good of the team and for the fact he has always delivered when it matters meaning I never was disappointed by TP on a PO serie.
    If TP, not CP, was the Hornet's PG last year in the Nuggets series, you would have been disappointed in TP's play IMO(w/ billups and dantay locking him down)

Could be wrong. It is ,obviously, just an educated guess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't say TP has "maximized his potential. For a 6'1" PG who seems to have normal sized hands, his jumper could be a lot better.
    guys like nash and billups improved their jumper when they were near 30. I think there's still hope for him to be better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If TP, not CP, was the Hornet's PG last year in the Nuggets series, you would have been disappointed in TP's play IMO(w/ billups and dantay locking him down)

Could be wrong. It is ,obviously, just an educated guess.
    I see your point but we are laughing at barrea guarding TP (which is not true btw) and we forget that the whole Dallas team on D had one main point of attention and it was Parker and he did well.

Nevertheless I do agree Billups is a serious client and this Denver team is a good team maybe TP would have struggled also but don't you think that part of the problem was the fact that CP3 gave up a litle in this serie ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For those who say Parker is a better scorer than Paul....explain please....last year Paul averaged more PPG while attempting less shots.

Might have something to do with the fact that Paul took 111 more 3's than Parker did, and still averaged only .8 more points. And Parker only took 8 more shots during the season, not a big difference. Parker also had a higher fg%, 54 to 50, and averaged less turnovers. For me, that argument doesn't hold any weight.

All that said though, you would have to take CP3 over Tony as he is the better all around player. And that pains me to say as I ing hate Chris Paul.

Thread Information