Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Cincinnati Bearcats
    Chicken and beef intestines. Tongue. Tripe. Chicken feet.

Damn, i miss eating these. Not easy to find in Cincinnati.

These as well:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Century_egg
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balut_(egg)

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    whataburger apparently.
    Whataburger is my favorite fast food joint.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Has anyone tried Chicken and Waffles? i would'nt call it gross cause i never tried it, i would like to try it though but I havent found any around Jersey yet.

Name
    Sean
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Utah Utes
    Gotta love the fry sauce, but then again, I used to live in Utah. Even better than that is garlic mayo on fries. You will never go back to ketchup, I promise!

I also like sardines, which I think someone else mentioned, but one food not mentioned here that I absolutely love is Leberwurst (Liverwurst) or Braunschweiger. IMHO, it's the reason mus exists.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    In the end I wanted to reply to so much I realised it was futile and just went with the first page.

what the is sushi anyway - raw fish? disgusting. why not eat raw cow, or raw lizard, or raw whatever...
    Dude... ever tried it? Sushi is sensational, and there's nothing disgusting about it at all.

That's a pretty common misconception about sushi. Some of it is raw like tuna, yellowtail, sea urchin, roe, etc., but octopus, crab, giant clam, salmon, eel, etc. is usually cooked but served chilled. And yes, people eat raw cow; it's called steak tartare and it's delicious.

Are you telling me you don't like a nice thick rare steak? You're definitely eating raw cow in the center of that.
    Beat me to it.

BTW, that is the biggest freakin steak tartare I've ever seen. Usually it's in small portions...

Menudo
    Parisa
    caviar
    octopus
    raw abalone
    raw tuna (cut right off the fish on the boat)
    rattlesnake
    frog legs
    escargot
    deer heart and liver
    Yeah, we know yer tuff...

I used to dip Copenhagen and not spit, so I guess that counts.

That's my favourite country band, Corb Lund and the Hurtin' Albertans, doing their theme song, then a song all about Copenhagen tobacco.

Ever get a chance to see these guys live, DO IT! Thank me later.

Peanut butter and banana sandwiches ...

Me too. Toasted though.

As for things I love that most people don't - VEGETABLES. Love all the ones most people hate - cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, etc. Haven't met a vegetable that I don't like... oh, and I'm not vegetarian. I really like the taste!
    Last edited by RuffnReadyOzStyle; 09-11-2009 at 12:34 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Oh, and one of my favourite snacks - frozen sweet corn kernels. Put em in your mouth, let em thaw a bit, then go to town.

Name
    Billy Shears
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas State Bobcats
    I'm even embarrassed to be seen buying it in the grocery store. I'm made to feel uncomfortable as if I were buying a tube of lube.
    You pay for lube? Hoodies and jackets with inside pockets are your new best friend.

And to stay on topic, liver and onions.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Multi grain flaxseed bagel

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Peanut butter bacon cheese toast.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Fried chicken livers
    Boiled chicken hearts & gizzards
    Deer meat (all kinds of venison, from steaks to shanks, not just the venison sausage)
    Elk meat
    Kangaroo meat (yes, i've tried it before)
    Emu fan fillet
    Alpaca steak
    Pate (basically a goose liver paste)
    Smoothies with kale, oats, and flaxseeds/chiaseeds in it
    Heated up lox on my bagel (not cold)
    Randomly snacking on garlic cloves
    Menudo (and beef tripe in general)
    Brussels sprouts (but only the baby ones)

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Fried chicken livers
    Boiled chicken hearts & gizzards
    Deer meat (all kinds of venison, from steaks to shanks, not just the venison sausage)
    Elk meat
    Kangaroo meat (yes, i've tried it before)
    Emu fan fillet
    Alpaca steak
    Pate (basically a goose liver paste)
    Smoothies with kale, oats, and flaxseeds/chiaseeds in it
    Heated up lox on my bagel (not cold)
    Randomly snacking on garlic cloves
    Menudo (and beef tripe in general)
    Brussels sprouts (but only the baby ones)
    This isn't a bad list. I don't want boiled gizzards though. Just fry it with the livers.
    Deer meat is fantastic. My brother in law would marinate it and serve deer steaks. Better than beef by a long shot.
    Menudo is great if done right and I'll add oxtail soup to the list.
    Randomly snacking on garlic cloves sounds re ed.
    Brussles sprouts game has been upped significantly. I don't know why they didn't figure out how to cook them 20 years ago.
    Last edited by SpursforSix; 05-05-2023 at 05:36 PM.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    This isn't a bad list. I don't want boiled gizzards though. Just fry it with the livers.
    Deer meat is fantastic. My brother in law would marinate it and serve deer steaks. Better than beef by a long shot.
    Menudo is great if done right and I'll add oxtail soup to the list.
    Randomly snacking on garlic cloves sounds re ed.
    Brussles sprouts game has been upped significantly. I don't know why they didn't figure out how to cook them 20 years ago.
    Oxtails are delicious too. I used to be in a relationship with someone who would make this slow cooked oxtail and beef tripe stew... nothing like menudo, it was actually more of a caribbean creole flavor... it was so good. Though ingredients so pricey.

I would say yeah fry the hearts and gizzards too - that's what I ate in childhood whenever we'd do a whole fried chicken - but I developed a taste for boiled in college in the dorms because they were dirt cheap and I didn't have dining plan that included weekends so I'd buy them for like 97 cents for 2-3 pounds at walmart in Denton and we weren't allowed to fry stuff because of the hot oil but we were allowed to boil stuff using the community stove in the dorm hall.

My favorite venison meat was probably the braised red deer with Christmas (green and red) hot chile sauce at a fancy restaurant in Albuquerque a few years back. I've also had various deer in several other states... Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Wisconsin, Michigan, Kentucky, Idaho, NC. And of course north Texas and Nebraska where I've shot my own deer with my best friend Nick from Fort Worth and my uncle in rural central Nebraska near where I was born.

Menudo... you have to get the right tripe (Only the honeycomb kind works) and you have to cook it thoroughly. Also, pig's feet make a solid, if not bony addition to menudo if they're done right.

The brussels sprouts served at cafeterias are still awful. They generally use the big giant ones and don't season nor cook them properly and they just end up stinking and making you sick. You have to get the sweet baby ones. I know HEB has them, not sure about Walmart but they probably do. Schwan's had great delivery frozen veggies but they're a little on the expensive side.

Another thing I'd like to add to this list is a good falafel. It's underratedly good if you do it right. The crappy ones you get at the street trucks in NYC or DC or Philly don't do falafel justice, though. You have to make it from scratch with dry (NOT canned) garbanzos, parsley, in, garlic, onion, coriander, lots of cilantro, salt & pepper. Then the bread has to be done right. Then you have to make perfect tahini paste. I recommend adding hummus for flavor, that can be bought but you have to get the red pepper kind not the ty pale kind. And of course the hot sauce.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Oxtails are delicious too. I used to be in a relationship with someone who would make this slow cooked oxtail and beef tripe stew... nothing like menudo, it was actually more of a caribbean creole flavor... it was so good. Though ingredients so pricey.

I would say yeah fry the hearts and gizzards too - that's what I ate in childhood whenever we'd do a whole fried chicken - but I developed a taste for boiled in college in the dorms because they were dirt cheap and I didn't have dining plan that included weekends so I'd buy them for like 97 cents for 2-3 pounds at walmart in Denton and we weren't allowed to fry stuff because of the hot oil but we were allowed to boil stuff using the community stove in the dorm hall.

My favorite venison meat was probably the braised red deer with Christmas (green and red) hot chile sauce at a fancy restaurant in Albuquerque a few years back. I've also had various deer in several other states... Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Wisconsin, Michigan, Kentucky, Idaho, NC. And of course north Texas and Nebraska where I've shot my own deer with my best friend Nick from Fort Worth and my uncle in rural central Nebraska near where I was born.

Menudo... you have to get the right tripe (Only the honeycomb kind works) and you have to cook it thoroughly. Also, pig's feet make a solid, if not bony addition to menudo if they're done right.

The brussels sprouts served at cafeterias are still awful. They generally use the big giant ones and don't season nor cook them properly and they just end up stinking and making you sick. You have to get the sweet baby ones. I know HEB has them, not sure about Walmart but they probably do. Schwan's had great delivery frozen veggies but they're a little on the expensive side.

Another thing I'd like to add to this list is a good falafel. It's underratedly good if you do it right. The crappy ones you get at the street trucks in NYC or DC or Philly don't do falafel justice, though. You have to make it from scratch with dry (NOT canned) garbanzos, parsley, in, garlic, onion, coriander, lots of cilantro, salt & pepper. Then the bread has to be done right. Then you have to make perfect tahini paste. I recommend adding hummus for flavor, that can be bought but you have to get the red pepper kind not the ty pale kind. And of course the hot sauce.
    Damn, I think you got all of that right except boiling the hearts and gizzards. That being said, I've never tried it. Just sounds nasty to me.
    As to the Brussels Sprouts, just season them and cook them where they have some crispiness.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Damn, I think you got all of that right except boiling the hearts and gizzards. That being said, I've never tried it. Just sounds nasty to me.
    As to the Brussels Sprouts, just season them and cook them where they have some crispiness.
    I like brussels sprouts and pretty much all typically cooked veggies like broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, asparagus, parsnips etc cooked (generally boiled) the out of... cook em until they melt in your mouth. Don't like al dente half-raw crunchy vegetables getting stuck in my teeth. Yuck. Though I do eat spring mix and salad obviously raw but that's a completely different concept so that doesn't count. Also I don't like too much fancy seasonings on a side of veggie, just lightly salted and liberally peppered.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Also, ginger ale mixed with water and mixed fruit nectars, mostly tropical

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    You pay for lube? Hoodies and jackets with inside pockets are your new best friend.

And to stay on topic, liver and onions.
    Dang - you used to post here all the way back then!!!

Name
    Billy Shears
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas State Bobcats
    Dang - you used to post here all the way back then!!!
    Yup, been trolling these streets since 2006 my nilla

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Southern cornbread out of Alabama. No sugar, ever.

[[[Out of Russellville, Alabama...
    Mother Castleberry’s Cornbread:
    2 c. White Corn Meal
    2 tsp. Baking Powder
    1 tsp. Salt
    1/4 tsp. Baking Soda
    2 Eggs
    2 c. Buttermilk
    2 tbsp. Melted Bacon Grease
    Sift dry ingredients. Add eggs. Add buttermilk. Add grease. Put 2tbsp. grease in frying pan and place in 400-degree oven to get hot for a few minutes. Pour batter into frying pan and bake in 400-degree oven for 20-25 minutes. If not brown on top, put under broiler for a few minutes. Thump out onto plate.]]]

Name
    noneya beezwax
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Sweetbreads grilled or sliced thin, marinated in buttermilk, dredged and pan fried.

Nearly impossible to sell if you tell people what it is.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    escargot(snails),,,,easily. Done in garlic and butter and cooked the right way,,,,perfect. Another one would be oysters,,,,perfect when in season with horse radish and tail sauce mixed together,,,,some people cant even fathom eating an oyster or a snail,,,,I havent tried frogs legs or alligator yet,,,but i want to,,,I dont know if people are keen on that either,,,,

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    imitation crab meat

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Sweetbreads grilled or sliced thin, marinated in buttermilk, dredged and pan fried.

Nearly impossible to sell if you tell people what it is.
    Those are great, lamb frites are too

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    videos showing the preparation of that are fascinating

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    videos showing the preparation of that are fascinating
    “Fascinating” is not the word I’d have used. It makes the McRib look good.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Lol I've never even bothered to see what it's made of. My guess is some kind of fish?

Thread Information