Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Jimcs50
    Sequ, oh there are songs now that I really like and I buy( I buy 5 CDs a month at least), but if you notice, you can really like a new song like The Reason by Hoobastank and Breaking the Habit by Linkin Park for instance, which I bought, but after you hear it 10-15 times on the radio, you get sick of it. That just does not happen to the Classic Rock songs that are still popular today( my son even loves Classic rock) and still have you enjoying them even after the 1000th time you have heard them...you agree, yes?

Spurminator
    I dunno... I get really sick of some Classic Rock songs.

"The Joker" comes to mind...

Jimcs50
    Spurm, be honest, how many times do you change channels after you hear a new song for the 10th time and it starts playing? Now, how many times have you sat through The Joker, Satisfaction, or Wouldn't it be Nice in their entirety?

Spurminator
    I never sit through "The Joker." That's an immediate station change... But I agree that most modern music (particularly rock) seems to have a very short lifespan.

Of course, I'm sure there were plenty of 3-week wonders in the seventies. We just don't hear them now because they faded quickly once they came out.

Jimcs50
    Well, Steve Miller is not one of the greats, IMO anyway, but you get my point.

DuffMcCartney
    Damn Spurm...that's one of the good songs I like of his.

Jimcs50
    Duff, my son is going to start playing the bass guitar at his band teacher's request so he can play that and his sax in their jazz band....cool, huh?

What is s good guitar for him to buy?

DuffMcCartney
    I'd buy a Fender...those are pretty good...and they aren't too expensive. Squier is made by Fender and those are even cheaper but they are also made kinda crappy.

Jimcs50
    Thanks, Fender it is. BTW, you have a PM from me.

Jimcs50
    How about Ibanez guitars?

Thread Information