Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Combatants should be treated in a manner they understand. That said, harsh conditions are fitting for a group that understand that as a way of life. We cannot treat people who live under a different culture to cooperate if we treat them as if they were civilized. They are animals and need not be treated any better. However, I'm not one to beat an animal, neither are most people.
    Interesting thought process. Wouldn't you think that, by treating them civilly, we could convince them of the morality of our peoples?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting thought process. Wouldn't you think that, by treating them civilly, we could convince them of the morality of our peoples?
    Are you really that stupid? Our civility does not in the least matter to these medival numbskulls.It's like listening to big bird and elmo discuss the war on terror ooooops the war on man made catastrophe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They should just load all those guantanamo assholes on a Haitian fishing boat and tell them them they are free to go and sail back to where they came from.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Are you really that stupid? Our civility does not in the least matter to these medival numbskulls.It's like listening to big bird and elmo discuss the war on terror ooooops the war on man made catastrophe.
    So, I'm assuming you feel these Afghani people are akin to... what, neanderthals?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, I'm assuming you feel these Afghani people are akin to... what, neanderthals?
    Wow...you sure all warm and fuzzy about these guys that consider you to be an infidel and want you dead.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Wow...you sure all warm and fuzzy about these guys that consider you to be an infidel and want you dead.
    Given that a great number of them have been released after having found not to be terrorists, and that many of the cases brought before the government have determined that our evidence for holding them is not suitable, I find it funny that you would say such.

Do you think the government and court system are all incorrect, and each of the people we are holding certainly is a terrorist?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Given that a great number of them have been released after having found not to be terrorists, and that many of the cases brought before the government have determined that our evidence for holding them is not suitable, I find it funny that you would say such.

Do you think the government and court system are all incorrect, and each of the people we are holding certainly is a terrorist?
    No I think they were a traveling troupe of transves es teaching the tango to the taliban.and there bus broke down in the middle of a war zone.Your to silly to take seriously anymore.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    I'm assuming she knows the legal definition, yes.
    But would you bet your life savings that she is correct rather than being a pundit?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Micca, so why do you think the government and courts let them go?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    But would you bet your life savings that she is correct rather than being a pundit?
    Eh, not my life savings. But I wouldn't bet my life savings on anything. I'm not much of a gambling person.

I'd say the odds are in her favor, though. I might throw a 20 spot down.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Saboteurs and spies are considered unlawful combatants, which is the same category terrorists are assumed under.
    You're right. I was in a hurry and dismissed it after the beginning.

Maybe you should have said they apply somewhat in the Fourth Geneva Convention rather than leading with a paragraph referring to member states. Maybe I should have read all of it.

Thing is, illegal combatants can be treated differently than legal combatants.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    You're right. I was in a hurry and dismissed it after the beginning.

Maybe you should have said they apply in the Fourth Geneva Convention rather than leading with a paragraph referring to member states. Maybe I should have read all of it.

Thing is, illegal combatants can be treated differently than legal combatants.
    Oh yes, I know they can be. However, humane treatment can be expected, and more to the point, the Geneva Conventions DO apply, contra to what CC was suggesting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These people were captured in a friggen war zone by solidiers. Of course they weren't mirandized and treated from the start as if getting a conviction in an America court was the primary purpose of detention. Do we need to be sending attorneys out with the Marines to make sure the ing Talibans civil rights aren't violated?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    good luck.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    These people were captured in a friggen war zone by solidiers. Of course they weren't mirandized and treated from the start as if getting a conviction in an America court was the primary purpose of detention. Do we need to be sending attorneys out with the Marines to make sure the ing Talibans civil rights aren't violated?
    I say form a tribunal, find those guilty who are, and execute them.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    imagine......afghan people finding themselves in a war zone.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know ask eric holder his firm represented alot of these s bags.
    Fist of these guys are not afghani the article mentions Saudis.This wasn't U.S. marshalls looking to bust some bad guys,and read them their mirandas this was grab some dirt bags slap them around get as much information as you can see what shaking then get rid of them.We all know that, hopefully the real bad guys got feed to the sharks in Cuba.....twice.Now that whatever information is gleaned from them most people don't care what happens to them.....well except for you and eric holder's law firm who is recieving wheel barrels full of money probablly from saudi arabia...it's better if the lunatics are fighting the infedels and jews and not the royal family.
    bringing this s into an American court is a mockery of the concept of justice.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I don't know ask eric holder his firm represented alot of these s bags.
    Fist of these guys are not afghani the article mentions Saudis.This wasn't U.S. marshalls looking to bust some bad guys,and read them their mirandas this was grab some dirt bags slap them around get as much information as you can see what shaking then get rid of them.We all know that, hopefully the real bad guys got feed to the sharks in Cuba.....twice.Now that whatever information is gleaned from them most people don't care what happens to them.....well except for you and eric holder's law firm who is recieving wheel barrels full of money probablly from saudi arabia...it's better if the lunatics are fighting the infedels and jews and not the royal family.
    bringing this s into an American court is a mockery of the concept of justice.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I say form a tribunal, find those guilty who are, and execute them.
    I'm fine with them, assuming they get due process of law such as right to attorney, the right for that attorney to see the evidence against their client, and the right to not have hearsay evidence against them.

Assuming they get all those, and they are found guilty, then sure, string 'em up.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm fine with them, assuming they get due process of law such as right to attorney, the right for that attorney to see the evidence against their client, and the right to not have hearsay evidence against them.

Assuming they get all those, and they are found guilty, then sure, string 'em up.
    This is all a canard.The American left and it's most recent maifestation the Soros left cannot promote their agenda through the ballot box(at least not until they get more illegal aliens in ).
    Since the people reject their agenda they have promoted thier agenda through the court system abortion,illegal immigration,the second admendment,affermative action ad nauseum, now some of these things may or may not be right ,but stealing the peoples right to self determination is treasonous. For every cons utional lawyer that agrees with you I can find one who doesn't.And deal with it your not a cons utional lawyer.
    The point isn't your interested in justice, it is your intrested in throwing this into the court system which then becomes a gordian's knot of bull at which wahhbist, and radical funds can be thrown forever.
    I mean Al Capone never spent a day in jail for murder nor did Bill Ayers though both had blood on thier hands.Courts don't always find justice.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    imagine......afghan people finding themselves in a war zone.
    Read a list of gitmo detanees there are not that many Afghans on it.....imagine that

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Read a list of gitmo detanees there are not that many Afghans on it.....imagine that
    how many?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why don't you even bother reading it, anyone can, or are you content to parrot nonsense that support your illusion of yourself as a sort of young Che.but a non smoker, and a little taller.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    so....you don't know.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so....you don't know.
    Yeah I read it the afgahns were starteling few most seem to be from Yemen, alot of Saudis alot of Pakis. go read it........Darrins right I think you and Chimp are the same person.

Thread Information