Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shooter was Major Malik Nadal Hasan - sounds like an arab name doesn't it? What this means - we'll just have to wait and see.
    Means like he has an arab name? Anything else it should mean?

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    A man joins the military to protect our country from others we think are enimies. Thats the oath in a nuts . He decides he doesn't agree with our military policies and kills as many people as he can in our country. That my friend is my opinion. Give us yours. Please take in account he is a Muslim and consider who he had to fight if he went to either Iraq or Afghanistan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy goes to Iraq...hears some ed up and loses it rather than be redeployed to that -hole...

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    The guy goes to Iraq...hears some ed up and loses it rather than be redeployed to that -hole...
    Lets give him a medal.....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For crying out loud, soldiers who willingly volunteered to risk their lives for us just got murdered in cold blood. Is it really too much to ask that we wait a little longer than 5 hours before taking this story and playing the partisan bickering bull game?
    well said. This is still the time for mourning. Not the time for politics. I am happy to report that the few friends that I know at Ft. Hood were not around the incident and were not harmed. I hope anyone else on here who has friends and family there find them to be safe.

United Autodidact Society Shastafarian's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A man joins the military to protect our country from others we think are enimies.
    Enimies, yes.
    Thats the oath in a nuts . He decides he doesn't agree with our military policies and kills as many people as he can in our country.
    You already know why he did this? Not sure how that's possible given he's either dead or unconscious (depending on which report you believe).
    That my friend is my opinion.
    Yet you didn't expound on the "melting pot" quip.
    Give us yours. Please take in account he is a Muslim and consider who he had to fight if he went to either Iraq or Afghanistan.
    You think all the muslims know each other or something? Do christians go nuts when they have to fight other christians in war?

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Dumbass look up what a melting pot is.

The military does not give opinions. They do what the Government wants. Don't join up if you don't agree with that. If indeed this guy did not want to fight fellow muslims he should have never joined the USA military. Quit asking questions bag. Give us your opinion. We will know more in days to come. I gave mine. You give yours.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dumbass look up what a melting pot is.
    So basically you hate anyone that isn't white and christian? Does that include roman catholics? I guess if you were truly against the Melting Pot you'd hate everyone who wasn't Native American. But how dare they be on our land before we got here.

The military does not give opinions. They do what the Government wants. Don't join up if you don't agree with that. If indeed this guy did not want to fight fellow muslims he should have never joined the USA military.
    Something we don't know. But let's assume it anyways right? I'll go ahead and assume he was also gay. that !
    Quit asking questions bag.

Give us your opinion. We will know more in days to come. I gave mine. You give yours.
    My opinion on what? Good people dying? It's horrible and I wish these things wouldn't happen. As far as my opinion on the assailant, well I think I'll wait for more information instead of...

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    You can't give us a take. Little question marks on everything you say????????????????????????????????

Idiot troll.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't give us a take.
    Take on what? His name? Looks like a name common to the islamic religion. That's about as much as we know. Unless you have ESP?!?!?!?

Little question marks on everything you say????????????????????????????????
    It's what people do who want to learn. Obviously you don't believe in that school of thought.

Idiot troll.
    Still haven't explained the Melting Pot comment. Can't say I'm surprised.

Rising above the Fray spursncowboys's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well said. This is still the time for mourning. Not the time for politics. I am happy to report that the few friends that I know at Ft. Hood were not around the incident and were not harmed. I hope anyone else on here who has friends and family there find them to be safe.
    +1. Waiting for the list.

Rising above the Fray spursncowboys's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is very weird how many people I met who thought they could join and avoid war. Or how they were surprised at going to a unit deploying.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Thank goodness the guy is alive. Obama can call another beer summit to figure out what the beef was all about!!!!

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Thank goodness the guy is alive. Obama can call another beer summit to figure out what the beef was all about!!!!
    umm jack, if he didn't want to go....wouldn't that mean he's blaming obama for making him deploy?

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    umm jack, if he didn't want to go....wouldn't that mean he's blaming obama for making him deploy?
    Hmmm, interesting. I did not think of that. Maybe.

I'm thinking more the USA military takes anyone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We should invade Iran for this.

--neoconfan

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Does anyone think this muslim will come out with a statement thats says he is a nutjob and had a bad day? I don't. Thus the melting pot will continue and many more innocent lives will be sacarficed. It's a privelage to be American not a giving. "Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's Obama's fault.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    It's Obama's fault.
    people like obama

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Second incident reported.
    A second incident took place at a theater on the base, Banks said. One official who would not give his name said that a graduation had been scheduled for 2 p.m. at the theater.
    http://www.latimes.com/news/la-na-fo...,4341651.story

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The gunman, first said to have been killed, was wounded but alive and in stable condition under military guard, said Lt. Gen. Bob Cone at Fort Hood. "I would say his death is not imminent," Cone said. Col. Ben Danner said the suspect was shot at least four times.
    http://www.courant.com/news/breaking...,3479690.story

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone think this muslim will come out with a statement thats says he is a nutjob and had a bad day? I don't. Thus the melting pot will continue and many more innocent lives will be sacarficed. It's a privelage to be American not a giving. "Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country"
    So who qualifies for membership in the pure "pot"?

Further, it's amusing you reference President Kennedy, as 'his kind' were once considered to be inimical to the national interest once upon a time.

God Damn.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Council on American-Islamic Relations condemned the shootings and urged the nation to remain calm as Americans reacted to the tragic events.

"No political or religious ideology could ever justify or excuse such wanton and indiscriminate violence. The attack was particularly heinous in that it targeted our nation's all-volunteer army that includes thousands of Muslims in all services,” said CAIR National Executive Director Nihad Awad . “We again offer our thoughts and prayers for the victims and sincere condolences for the families of those killed or injured.”
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/...n5540862.shtml

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fort Hood tragedy: A Muslim’s perspective

By Wendy Gragg | Thursday, November 5, 2009, 06:10 PM

Al Siddiq, president of the Islamic Center of Waco, followed the unfolding news of the Fort Hood tragedy anxiously, as a veteran of the U.S. Army himself, as a friend of some Muslim soldiers currently stationed at the Central Texas post and as a Muslim who has become wary of backlash.

Siddiq said the Muslim Islamic community is very concerned that the shooter on Fort Hood was a Muslim because Muslims tend to get all thrown into the same category. Since 9/11, Siddiq said, when an individual Muslim acts stupid, it affects the entire Islamic community. The concern is backlash against other Muslims, he said.

“We’ve been very fortunate in Waco,” Siddiq said. “But there’s always a backlash.” Siddiq said he had a great experience in the U.S. Army, both in Korea and stationed at Fort Campbell.

“That’s what hurts me the most,” he said. “The Army has accommodated Muslims. Not any other Army can offer what the U.S. Army offers.”

Siddiq said what he has heard is that the Fort Hood shooter may be a convert to Islam. He said he thinks the problem some converts have is not based on the Islam religion, but on the resentment toward the U.S. government that they bring to their faith.

Thread Information