Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Post Count

Rampage has lost his heart, his passion for fighting. What a shame - he used to be so great to watch.
    He better get it together if he wants one last run at a le. Even if he is not getting the le he needs to keep training so he can have more big fights. He just signed a new deal with the UFC so don't get on a losing streak Page. You're too damn good to just suck because you don't care..

Seeking the quiet mind desflood's Avatar
    Post Count
    Never thought of Din Thomas as a funny guy, but here's a recent tweet:

"My 5 yr old told me not to tell his outofschool girlfriend about his inschool girlfriend. I was so proud of my young, future black athlete." -Din Thomas

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count
    Who is that black guy above being interviewed ?

He looks like that fighter rampage jackson.

Damn, it looks like he backs down, and already making excuse for losing a fight.
    Well it's just my job - sometimes you have a good day sometimes bad - doesn't matter. Well machida is more determined.

Post Count
    Ran across this on youtube; watched a few of the guy's other vids. He does good stuff, much of it mma related.

speaking of mma videos what ever happened to boondock? he made awesome mma videos

Post Count
    Vinicius Quieroz tests positive for Stanozolol, released from UFC

Following a UFC 120 preliminary card loss to Rob Broughton, Brazilian heavyweight Vinicius Quieroz (5-2 MMA, 0-1 UFC) tested positive for the banned substance Stanozolol.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) today confirmed the finding with the UFC's Vice President of Regulatory Affairs, Marc Ratner.

UFC 120 took place Oct. 16 in London, England. Without a regulatory body in place to oversee the event, the UFC acted as its own regulatory body for the event.

Main event fighters Michael Bisping and Yoshihiro Akiyama were both screened, as were six fighters selected on a random basis. Quieroz was the only fighter to test positive.

According to the UFC's U.K. president, Marshall Zelaznik, Quieroz forfeited an undisclosed discretionary bonus from the UFC and has also been released from the promotion. The UFC will also relay the findings to the Nevada State Athletic Commission, which could affect Quieroz's ability to gain a license to fight in the U.S.

Ratner said that the UFC is concerned with the use of performance-enhancing drugs in MMA and will continue to police its fighters at events that lack an overseeing commission.

"The UFC enforces the same rules and regulations as the Nevada State Athletic Commission and takes this responsibility to the fighters and the sport very seriously," Ratner said.

Stanozolol, which is often sold under the brand name Winstrol, is a synthetic anabolic steroid derived from testosterone that is usually prescribed to treat anaemia and hereditary angioedema in humans, though it's also available for veterinary uses. The drug is popular in the bodybuilding world, though MMA fighters such as Phil Baroni, Chris Leben, Kimo Leopoldo and Tim Sylvia have tested positive for it in the past.

A 6-foot-7 Chute Boxe product, Quieroz struck an imposing figure over Broughton at UFC 120. The Brazilian came out throwing heavy leather, though Broughton weathered the early storm.

With "Spartan" visibly fatigued, Broughton changed the flow of the fight in a gutsy performance and eventually locked in a fight-ending rear-naked choke in the third round.

The loss came in Quieroz's UFC debut and snapped a four-fight win streak.
    http://mmajunkie.com/news/21245/vini...c-120-loss.mma

Post Count
    An oldie but goodie

Post Count

UFC Hall of Famer Severn, 52, Wins 95th

UFC hall of famer Dan Severn (Pictured) needed just 93 seconds to submit Tom Benesocky with a first-round arm-triangle choke at King of the Cage “48” on Sunday at the Rexall Place in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. The 52-year-old heavyweight has won 17 of his last 19 fights, including seven in a row.

Severn dodged wild punches from Benesocky, pressed the clinch and landed in half guard following a takedown. From there, he worked to the body and set up the submission.
    HT:http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Wee...ins-95th-28340

Post Count
    Severn is awesome..

Post Count
    Georges St. Pierre vs. Jakes Shields set for UFC 129 in Toronto

We knew it was coming and it was only a matter of time before it was announced. According to Yahoo Sports Georges St. Pierre will defend his UFC welterweight le at UFC 129 on April 30 in Toronto.

St. Pierre defended his tile against Josh Koscheck at UFC 124 in December and will have 4 months to get ready for his next le defense. Shields is on a 15 fight win streak and earned his le shot with a win over Martin Kampmann at UFC 121.

Randy Couture has been rumored to fight Lyoto Machida in the comain event but nothing has been announced.

http://www.aroundtheoctagon.com/?p=8089

snooze fest, the guy got out wrestled by a muay thai fighter lol

Post Count
    Every once in a while, Sherdog puts out a really good thread.

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/cur...oster-1429135/

According to the Columbian, former UFC middleweight contender Chael Sonnen has plead guilty to federal money laundering charges:

An Oregon real estate agent has pleaded guilty to money laundering in connection with a mortgage fraud case involving Vancouver-based Lighthouse Financial Group, which also did business under the name Crown Point Financial Services.

Chael Sonnen, 33, of West Linn, Ore., entered the plea Monday in U.S. District Court in Portland. He will be sentenced March 28. The maximum sentence is 20 years in prison and a $500,000 fine.

According to a news release, Sonnen acted as the real estate agent in a transaction involving a home in Portland, and submitted a false letter and sales agreement instructing the le company to disburse $69,000 to a contractor for plumbing repairs. However, in a deal arranged by Lighthouse employees, $65,000 of the money was actually kicked back to the buyer.

Post Count
    Andrei Arlovski stopped off to train at Jackson's and took a pic with Jon Jones. Look at the size difference and tell me who the real heavyweight is.

Post Count
    Andrei Arlovski stopped off to train at Jackson's and took a pic with Jon Jones. Look at the size difference and tell me who the real heavyweight is.

I wanna see Jones stay at LHW. He has a chance to dominate that class for years and years. And the HW division is still not that deep. 205 is the deepest in all of MMA.. Jones is big. But he is not Brock Lesnar big where it is impossible for him to get down to 205..

Speaking of Bones, he was in a car accident today (posted pics on his twitter), he is ok

Motivation for me... Stringer_Bell's Avatar
    Post Count
    Speaking of Bones, he was in a car accident today (posted pics on his twitter), he is ok
    Thanks for the news, here's a twitter link: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/88li6v

Hopefully I get blessed with one of the fight bonuses, my insurance hasn't kicked in yet and I may have just taken a major lose http://twitpic.com/3rj4ja
    What's scarier than fighting Jones when he wants to thoroughly beat your ass to show the greatness of his preparation and technique? Fighting Jones when he's purposefully trying to win a fight bonus.

I think he'll be okay tho regardless with all the sponsor money, still a miracle he walked away and can still train.

Post Count
    Thanks for the news, here's a twitter link: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/88li6v

What's scarier than fighting Jones when he wants to thoroughly beat your ass to show the greatness of his preparation and technique? Fighting Jones when he's purposefully trying to win a fight bonus.

I think he'll be okay tho regardless with all the sponsor money, still a miracle he walked away and can still train.
    WTF is he doing driving with no insurance? That's illegal..

White Mormon Pride The TroutBum's Avatar
    Post Count
    I sell insurance... he should call me.

JacksonsMMA Jackson's MMA
    by jonnybones
    I uploaded a YouTube video -- Andrei Arlovski "This is Sparta" Kick thru John Dodson feat http://youtu.be/D1kMbHrFRhg?a

fedor and frank shamrock on the opie and anthony show
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBaee0Mje7I

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count
    On press conference in Toronto Dana said that GSP is a monster superstar and that event would sell out [or something like that] even if it would be in LA, LAs Vegas OR Egypt or POLAND

George started to laugh

Good that White mentioned Poland. Maybe he did not meant it but if he would do it he might get surprised.
    It could go crazy

Thread Information