Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Motivation for me... Stringer_Bell's Avatar
    Post Count

Seeking the quiet mind desflood's Avatar
    Post Count
    <--------------

It should also not be allowed to breed.

Post Count
    This could be a sign GSP is going up soon since he and Nate are pals..

Nate Marquardt, Anthony Johnson set

Former UFC middleweight contender Nate Marquardt's next fight will be as a welterweight.

The UFC announced Wednesday that Marquardt and Anthony Johnson have verbally agreed to meet at UFC on Versus 4 on June 26 at Consol Energy Center in Pittsburgh.

The bout will headline the event.

Marquardt (31-10) makes the move down in weight despite posting a decision win over Dan Miller in his most recent right in March. His entire UFC career, dating back to 2005, has been contested at 185 pounds. He fought for the middleweight le once, dropping a first-round TKO loss to Anderson Silva in 2007.

The 31-year-old is 2-2 since the start of 2010. Both losses came with a le shot on the line.

Johnson (9-3) is coming off a unanimous decision win over Dan Hardy in the co-main event of last month's UFC Fight Night 24 card in Seattle. It was his first test since returning from a knee injury that kept him sidelined for all of 2010.

http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/mma/...ory?id=6348142

really okami vs anderson?
    okami? the dude ing blows

just read sherdog press got denied the free passes it usually gets to strikeforce
    lol good

This could be a sign GSP is going up soon since he and Nate are pals..

Marquardt's move to 170 was St. Pierre's idea

Soon to be UFC welterweight Nate Marquardt has done his best to deflect questions on whether or not he'd ever fight current 170-pound champion Georges St. Pierre, a teammate and close friend of his.

He has revealed, however, that it was St. Pierre's idea that he move down a weight class. The Canadian star offered the advice the last time Marquardt was in Montreal, helping him prepare for a le defense against Josh Koscheck at UFC 124.

"Actually, he brought it up me," Marquardt told ESPN.com. "He asked me what I was walking around at and said, 'Wow. You should drop to 170.'

"I was like, 'I don't know. You're the champion there. I want to be a champion.' He told me not to worry about it, that if that's what is best for me I have to do it. I didn't even think about it until he said it. Once I went back to my own camp, it made sense to me."

Marquardt (31-10-2), based in Denver, said he was walking around at 191 pounds prior to his recent fight against Dan Miller in March. St. Pierre is known for walking around at a similar weight between fights.

In late March, it was announced Jon Fitch had pulled out of a July fight against B.J. Penn due to injury. Marquardt expressed his interest to the UFC to fill in for Fitch and make his welterweight debut.

The UFC instead announced he would meet Anthony Johnson in the main event at UFC on Versus 4, scheduled for June 26 at Consol Energy Center in Pittsburgh.

Technically, it will be the first time Marquardt has fought at 170 pounds; however the 12-year veteran says he began his career fighting at 155.

"When I started my career I was a lightweight," Marquardt said. "Over the years, I put on weight. When I started fighting for the Pancrase middleweight division, it was at something like 181 pounds and I was under that weight."

Marquardt is not expecting a difficult cut to 170. He plans to be conservative and begin dieting within the next two weeks. He intends to target a cut of eight or nine pounds on the day of weigh-ins.

"I know what I'm doing," Marquardt said. "I've been fighting professionally for years. I've fought in Japan before, cutting anywhere from zero to 14 pounds in one day. I know how to do it and I have a lot of guys around me who know how to do it."

In regards to someday fighting St. Pierre, Marquardt continues to remain vague in his public statements. He does, however, believe his teammate is headed toward a fight with middleweight leholder Anderson Silva.

"Honestly, I'm not thinking about it and if it's ever an issue I'll deal with it then," Marquardt said. "I don't know if [St. Pierre] is planning on moving up but I definitely know he's considering fighting Anderson. I think that's a great fight and I think he has the perfect style to beat a guy like Silva."

http://espn.go.com/blog/mma/post/_/i...t-pierres-idea

Jason 'Mayhem' Miller Signs With UFC

Jason "Mayhem" Miller is going back to the UFC.

The popular middleweight has signed a new multi-fight agreement with the organization, Miller's manager Ryan Parsons confirmed with MMA Fighting.

The 30-year-old Miller (24-7, 1 NC) was able to sign with the UFC due to the fact that his contract with Strikeforce had expired. No word just yet on when his first fight back inside the Octagon will take place.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/04/2...lshare_twitter

I can't wait for his first fight back in the UFC, I don't care what people say about him, he is one of my favorite fighters, and he has the skills to back up his talk.

Who do you think he should fight?
    Last edited by ace3g; 04-22-2011 at 06:29 PM.

White Mormon Pride The TroutBum's Avatar
    Post Count
    I love me some mayhem!

Post Count
    http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/mma/...ory?id=6442595

Matt Hughes, Diego Sanchez to meet

Matt Hughes and Diego Sanchez have verbally agreed to compete for the first time, the UFC revealed Thursday.

The welterweights, two of the best-known mixed martial artists on the organization's roster, are set to fight on a yet-to-be determined date and card slated for this fall, according to an announcement on UFC.com.

Hughes, a multiple-time champion at 170 pounds who -- prior the rise of Georges St. Pierre -- was considered the best fighter ever to compete at that weight, told ESPN.com in January he intended to fulfill the final bout on his current contract with the UFC by the end of 2011 and was unsure if he would enter into a new contract. The 37-year-old fighter is coming off a 21-second knockout loss to B.J. Penn last November.

Hughes (45-8) has openly contemplated retirement for several years.

Sanchez, 29, has considered Hughes an idol. But he also has expressed his desire to be the one who sends the former champion into the next phase of his life away from MMA compe ion.

Having dabbled at lightweight and having received a quick and failed shot at the belt against Penn in 2009, Sanchez unceremoniously returned to welterweight in May 2010, losing on points to John Hathaway.

However Sanchez (23-4) has won his past two bouts -- decisions over Paulo Thiago and, in March, over Martin Kampmann in a highly compe ive tilt.

The Hughes-Sanchez announcement appears to put to rest any discussion of a rematch between Hughes and Royce Gracie for UFC's Aug. 27 card in Rio de Janiero. Gracie, who was stopped by punches in the opening period of their bout in 2006, had been lobbying for the fight.

I read this earlier and it really surprised me; this wasn't the fight I was expecting Diego to get next. Figured it would be someone higher in the division.

Today at 3:15PM EDT/12:15PM PDT, UFC is having a press conference will all 7 champs here: http://www.ufc.tv/ufc/video/ufc-129-...ht-club-qa/461

Dana White confirms that non- le, five-round fights are in UFC's immediate future: http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/04/2...mmediate-futu/

MMAWeeklycom MMAWeeklycom
    UFC Very Close to Five Round Non- le Fights, Lesnar vs. Dos Santos Was Almost the First http://ht.ly/4JWcB #MMA #UFC #BrockLesnar

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count
    Bad idea having HW's fight 5 round

Anderson Silva has literally done all of his questions in English so far

White Mormon Pride The TroutBum's Avatar
    Post Count
    Anderson Silva has literally done all of his questions in English so far
    Shocking, right?

Man, I would love to take a 9-iron to his sack. What a head.

first of all you can tell they didn't rehearse any of this because Aldo and GSP left like 5 min into the thing; GSP of which right when Rogan was asking about the super fight between him and Silva

Post Count
    I read this earlier and it really surprised me; this wasn't the fight I was expecting Diego to get next. Figured it would be someone higher in the division.
    Diego should take the decision here..

Looks like Fedor vs Hendo, July 30th, at 220 catchweight has been finalized

http://sbn.to/igRUAg

Post Count
    wow Fedor wants to fight in this sport

Breaking News - Frankie Edgar and Gray Maynard are both injured, postponing their UFC 130 rematch. Rampage vs. Hamill now the main event May 28! - per UFC Facebook page

Post Count
    Breaking News - Frankie Edgar and Gray Maynard are both injured, postponing their UFC 130 rematch. Rampage vs. Hamill now the main event May 28! - per UFC Facebook page
    Just saw it

.. Gonna make a thread on it..

Post Count
    this card will be free, right?

Post Count
    this card will be free, right?
    should be

ufc UFC
    More breaking fight news: Whippany's @JimMiller_155 set to face Ben @SmoothOne155 Henderson in August APP.com/article/201105…

http://www.app.com/article/20110510/...nderson-August

Post Count
    It's gonna be gr8 fight!

hey I'm going on a KSW 21st may

I'm gonna put some picks here. Still I hope to go.

Thread Information