Post Count

Post Count

Got My Tickets Today

BAM!!!

White Mormon Pride The TroutBum's Avatar
    Post Count

Got My Tickets Today

BAM!!!
    Oh man, GSP is gonna that rotten-toothed sack of up! Obviously, Mir is gonna mess Carwin up, which is too bad, because I like Carwin. Oh well, the road to Brock's ass beating starts here.

this is the day after my 20th birthday so i'll probably be watching it even though im not interested in either of the 2 main fights

"I can’t talk about this project right now, but there’s a connection between me and the UFC now, something concrete that I didn’t have before. My return will be in the end of the year and will be in the UFC", Arona revealed, exclusively to TATAME.com. "I’ll be worried about my performance, my knee and my body. I wanna do my best in every fight. I’m used to big compe ion like the UFC, I wanna be ready".

oops, asked a dumb question that was answered after re-reading the post

Seeking the quiet mind desflood's Avatar
    Post Count
    A clip from Driven, the new do entary on the life of Jens Pulver.

Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    Post Count
    A clip from Driven, the new do entary on the life of Jens Pulver.

Nice

Motivation for me... Stringer_Bell's Avatar
    Post Count
    Minor news: Diego Sanchez is moving back to Welterweight, just as I suspected. :p

I think it's a good move in terms of seeing good fights in the division, he'll get some explosiveness back. Oh yea, and since BJ is gonna move up it's best Diego sets up shop to stop him before he gets a final crack at GSP. Now if only he could get a coach to expand his game...please let Diego find someone that knows how to plan strategies!

Post Count
    Minor news: Diego Sanchez is moving back to Welterweight, just as I suspected. :p

I think it's a good move in terms of seeing good fights in the division, he'll get some explosiveness back. Oh yea, and since BJ is gonna move up it's best Diego sets up shop to stop him before he gets a final crack at GSP. Now if only he could get a coach to expand his game...please let Diego find someone that knows how to plan strategies!
    I always thought he was cutting a ton of weight to make 155.. Remember this guy was at 185 on TUF.. But he really is not a contender in either division. Kos is way better than him now, Alves would beat him bad, Fitch already beat him and would do it again. Diego is kind of a gatekeeper..

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count
    Just wanted to say that maybe next pudzianowski fight in poland will be the first ppv event in history of polish televison

Post Count
    Update: ‘Krazy Horse’ Arrested Again

Wednesday, January 20, 2010
    by Sherdog.com Staff

Charles “Krazy Horse” Bennett was arrested Monday on su ion of felony aggravated battery, according to the Web site for the Bernalillo County, N.M., Sheriff’s Department.

The site says Bennett was arrested at 110 Lomas Boulevard, which is where he had been training at the FIT NHB gym.

FIT NHB representative Tom Vaughn told Sherdog.com via e-mail that Bennett was involved in an altercation with a teammate on Jan. 16.

“During routine sparring, tempers flared between Charles and the other fighter, and Charles ended up getting dropped by the larger training partner,” wrote Vaughn. “They were quickly broken up and Charles left the mat, got dressed and left the building. He returned about 15 minutes later, walked down to the training area and pulled out a heavy piece of steel he must have found in the parking lot and began attacking the other fighter (from behind) with intent to do serious damage. He was tackled by two other fighters and disarmed.

Vaughn said the incident occurred during a pro training session, though women and children were entering the building at the time for a regular class that followed and might have seen the attack. Vaughn said the assaulted fighter is “OK,” and that Bennett, who’d trained with FIT NHB off and on for six months, would no longer be a part of the gym’s fight team.

Bennett, 30, has a long history of run-ins with the law. He has been arrested for everything from traffic violations and drug distribution to kidnapping and battery upon a pregnant female. According to the Bernalillo County Sherriff’s Department, Bennett was arrested at 6:30 p.m. and booked into the Metropolitan Detention Center.

Thank God I'm a country boy! djohn14's Avatar
    Post Count
    Charles Bennett is such a jackass!

^^^ but he is entertaining

Post Count
    Oh, . I like Forrest, but this is not a good match for him.

A light-heavyweight match-up between former UFC lightweight champion Forrest Griffin (17-6 MMA, 8-4 UFC) and recent Brazilian import Antonio Rogerio Nogueira (18-3 MMA, 1-0 UFC), otherwise known as "Lil Nog," is in the works for the recently rescheduled UFC 113 event in Montreal.

The fight was first reported Tuesday by Tatame.com and subsequently confirmed to MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) by sources close to the situation.

Verbal agreements are in place, and contracts are expected to be finalized shortly.

Griffin shrugged off past demons by reversing a split-decision loss against former light heavyweight champion o Ortiz this past November at UFC 106. Three months prior, Griffin fell prey to the devastating hands of middleweight champion Anderson Silva at UFC 101 and ran from the arena following a knockout loss.

After besting Quinton Jackson at UFC 86 for the 205-pound belt, Griffin failed to defend his le at UFC 92 when Rashad Evans stopped him with strikes in the third round.

Still, Griffin remains one of the UFC's most popular fighters with notable wins over Jackson and Mauricio "Shogun" Rua. He recently capitalized on his celebrity with the New York Times bestselling book, "Got Fight?"

Nogueira made his UFC debut on the undercard of Griffin's most recent win and stopped the highly touted prospect Luiz Cane in a "Knockout of the Night" performance.

The twin brother of former PRIDE and UFC champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, Rogerio Nogueira was acquired by the UFC following the collapse of Affliction Entertainment this past August. He entered the octagon on a five-fight win streak and carries notable wins over Dan Henderson, Alistair Overeem, and Kazushi Sakuraba, among others.

The Nogueira brothers split time between training facilities in Rio de Janeiro and Los Angeles.

UFC 113 was originally slated for May 1 but was moved to May 8 when UFC president Dana White elected to sidestep a possible pay-per-view showdown with boxing's potential Floyd Mayweather vs. Shane Mosley superfight. UFC 113 is the promotion's third trip to Montreal after two prior sellouts at the 21,000-seat Bell Centre.

Griffin vs. Nogueira is expected for the main card of UFC 113. A light heavyweight rematch between champion Lyoto Machida and Rua is expected to headline the Canadian event.

Post Count
    I think Forrest takes it.

Post Count
    This is sad to say, but I've never seen Nog fight. I'm not a real big fan of Griff, and I like Big Nog, so I hope I hope he stomps his puffy face.

Post Count
    Unrivaled, starring Forrest Griffin, Keith Jardine, Nate Marquardt and Rashad Evans - and some actor nobody's ever heard of

Post Count
    Once again, Vera tells the truth - at least the way he sees it.

When asked on Friday whether or not Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell now represents a step down in compe ion, Vera answered bluntly during a Q&A session.

"Yes," said Vera, "I’m not lying. I would much rather fight somebody I’m supposed to lose to."

"I’m asking for the number three spot," Vera said. "I don’t give a damn who’s at number three. I can’t ask for number one, and I can’t ask for number two. That’s Machida and ‘Shogun.’ You’ve got to climb the ladder."

Post Count
    Once again, Vera tells the truth - at least the way he sees it.

When asked on Friday whether or not Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell now represents a step down in compe ion, Vera answered bluntly during a Q&A session.

"Yes," said Vera, "I’m not lying. I would much rather fight somebody I’m supposed to lose to."

"I’m asking for the number three spot," Vera said. "I don’t give a damn who’s at number three. I can’t ask for number one, and I can’t ask for number two. That’s Machida and ‘Shogun.’ You’ve got to climb the ladder."
    For some reason, I always liked Vera, even though he took down my boy Mir. I hated to see him lose that ty decision to that geriatric, but oh well. I would love to see him climb back up out of obscurity.

i thought Vera was fighting Jon Jones?

Post Count
    he is, this was just him answering a question at a Q and A session..

Thank God I'm a country boy! djohn14's Avatar
    Post Count
    He is and Jon Jones is gonna whoop that ass!

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee vitor belfort out against anderson

Post Count
    weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee vitor belfort out against anderson
    DAMN!!!

http://www.examiner.com/x-14354-NY-M...va-but-whos-in

Thread Information