Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Seeking the quiet mind desflood's Avatar
    Post Count
    Feb 11, 2010 - An exciting welterweight match up between TUF 7 winner Amir Sadollah and undefeated fighter Dong Hyun "Stun Gun" Kim (12-0-1-1) has been agreed upon for UFC 114 on May 29 in Las Vegas, Nevada. MMA Weekly has the report.

Welterweights are set to do battle on May 29 in Las Vegas at UFC 114 as "Ultimate Fighter" winner Amir Sadollah returns to action to face Korean Judoka Dong Hyun-Kim.

The bout was confirmed to MMAWeekly.com by sources close to the fight, with both fighters verbally agreeing to the tilt. Bout agreements are expected soon.

Sadollah (3-1) has gone 2-1 in the UFC since winning TUF with back-to-back victories over Phil Baroni at UFC 106 and Brad Blackburn at UFC Fight Night 20. He seems to have stepped his game up to another level since the brutal defeat he suffered at the hands of Johny Hendricks at UFC 101.

However, "Stun Gun" figures to be his toughest test to date.

Undefeated so far in his UFC and MMA career, judoka Dong Hyun Kim was last seen in action at UFC 100 where he defeated TJ Grant via unanimous decision. Prior to that bout, Kim faced fellow judo ace Karo Parisyan at UFC 94. Though he lost a close split decision, the fight was later ruled a no contest as Parisyan tested positive for banned substances following the bout.

UFC 114 is expected to be headlined by the highly anticipated grudge match between TUF 10 coaches "Suga" Rashad Evans and Quinton "Rampage" Jackson. Also likely to be on the card is an interesting light heavyweight fight featuring Forrest Griffin and Antonio Rogerio Noguiera.

This is a serious fight for Amir - it will be the one to show whether he really has the skills and talent (we already know he has the heart, but that doesn't win fights) to hang in the UFC. He's done reasonably well against wrestlers in the past, but a judoka is a different animal.

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee vitor belfort out against anderson
    He is scared lol.

Wonder who is going to step up now?

Post Count
    It's probably too soon for Sonnen, although he might be just foolish or y enough to attempt it anyway.

Post Count
    It's probably too soon for Sonnen, although he might be just foolish or y enough to attempt it anyway.
    he earned it after the Nate fight..

Post Count
    He is scared lol.

Wonder who is going to step up now?
    I though it was a bit soon for him to get a shot anyway. One fight back in the UFC AND BAM le shot. The state of the MW division is the main reason why. I think the UFC really just wants Anderson to be at 205 but he does not want to give up the belt at MW and there are certain fighters at 205 he is telling the UFC

"don't bother asking, it's a no"..

I though it was a bit soon for him to get a shot anyway. One fight back in the UFC AND BAM le shot. The state of the MW division is the main reason why. I think the UFC really just wants Anderson to be at 205 but he does not want to give up the belt at MW and there are certain fighters at 205 he is telling the UFC

"don't bother asking, it's a no"..
    Yeah the MW div is prob the least compe ive div now. Sucks they let hendo leave.

Motivation for me... Stringer_Bell's Avatar
    Post Count
    he earned it after the Nate fight..
    I don't think des meant it was "too soon" for him to get a le shot, he's got a medical suspension and he'd only have 3 weeks to get ready for the fight. Not a lot of time, and for that reason I say he uses his political savvy to get the fight moved back a month.

I want to see Chael fight Silva before I see Silva beat someone that stepped in at the last minute. UFC is "mostly" about quality fights, so they won't waste time plugging in someone if they can find a way to push this fight back a bit.

Thank God I'm a country boy! djohn14's Avatar
    Post Count
    Demien Maia

Post Count
    I don't think des meant it was "too soon" for him to get a le shot, he's got a medical suspension and he'd only have 3 weeks to get ready for the fight.

Post Count
    I don't think des meant it was "too soon" for him to get a le shot, he's got a medical suspension and he'd only have 3 weeks to get ready for the fight. Not a lot of time, and for that reason I say he uses his political savvy to get the fight moved back a month.

I want to see Chael fight Silva before I see Silva beat someone that stepped in at the last minute. UFC is "mostly" about quality fights, so they won't waste time plugging in someone if they can find a way to push this fight back a bit.
    oh sure i got it, but he would be earning of it if he had to take it..

I can see Silva fighting a LHW now with Belfort out. I do think Belfort got a le shot too quick, BUT, Silva got a le shot after 1 fight, Leben, in the UFC. As did Rampage.

Post Count
    oh sure i got it, but he would be earning of it if he had to take it..
    There's no doubt he earned it, but he's also earned the opportunity to take more than a 1 month training camp against one of the best fighters in the world. Without the proper time to train (at least several months) his slim chance to beat Silva goes down to none.

If he decides he can do it, so be it, but it would be a foolhardy decision.

Post Count
    There's no doubt he earned it, but he's also earned the opportunity to take more than a 1 month training camp against one of the best fighters in the world. Without the proper time to train (at least several months) his slim chance to beat Silva goes down to none.

If he decides he can do it, so be it, but it would be a foolhardy decision.
    Maia got the fight..

Post Count
    He's medically suspended - they're assuming the doctors will clear him in time.

Demian Maia: Suspended until Aug. 6 (eyelid laceration) unless cleared early by an ophthalmologist or ocular-plastics doctor.

Post Count
    He's medically suspended - they're assuming the doctors will clear him in time.

Demian Maia: Suspended until Aug. 6 (eyelid laceration) unless cleared early by an ophthalmologist or ocular-plastics doctor.
    They are announcing it so i guess it is a go..

"It's always tough when a top fighter like Vitor Belfort has to pull out of a big le fight, but we have found a high quality replacement," said UFC President Dana White. "Top contender Chael Sonnen was not available due to injuries sustained in his fight with Nate Marquardt, so top six middleweight Demian Maia will step in to fight for the le. Maia is an Abu Dhabi grappling champion, a five-time Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu world champion, and he is 12-1 in MMA and coming off a win over Dan Miller at UFC 109. Anderson Silva vs. Demian Maia will be a matchup between MMA's best striker and MMA's best grappler."

Post Count
    Hats off to Maia - it takes guts to face a champ like Silva with an injury that could potentially hamper his vision.

Thank God I'm a country boy! djohn14's Avatar
    Post Count
    Haha I was right. I knew it would happen.

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count
    Haha I was right. I knew it would happen.
    Well there were nobody else there in MW to face Anderson in Abu-Dhabi. They wanted him to fight on that card so they needed to make this move.

I sense Leites vs Silva type fight. I do think Maia is a bit more aggressive than Leites though. Still, I can't see him beating Silva

Post Count
    Silva will destroy Demian from outside.

Demian has got not very great standup and his wrestilng is su ious. He won't take Silva down and that will be his end at the begining of a fight.

Post Count
    Paul Daley doing some trash talk via photo-shop and Koscheck responding, this is gonna be ugly...

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/?go=...1595295&page=1

Heard Koscheck, talking a little....but a real man, can tell his chat is just a front....I can smell his pussy from here....

For my Supporters, we are also running a compe ion to help Josh....we can all see he is in desperate need of some advice about what to do with his Blonde 'Fro.....So PHOTOSHOP PEOPLE, Wining hair style will be handed to Josh at the pre fight press conference.....
    http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cag...urn=mma,219266

I'm rooting for Kos in this one, but I don't like either guy. Daley needs beating and Kos is the tool for the job. I hope Kos throws the photo shop pic on Daley's KO'd face.

Post Count
    Frank Mir says he wants to break Lesnar's neck and see him die in the ring, kind of lol...

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cag...urn=mma,221672

I think Mir's comments about Brock's sickness, not wishing any harm on his from a fellow father's standpoint, shows the true Mir. This stuff is just hype, but it's still ridiculous to hear. But at least he's being honest. I don't think he should have been asked to apologize, please don't let this turn into the NBA...

Post Count
    Brock will beat the tar out of Mir again. That 1 win he has over Brock is the definition of an * and he was dessimated in the rematch..

White Mormon Pride The TroutBum's Avatar
    Post Count
    Brock will beat the tar out of Mir again. That 1 win he has over Brock is the definition of an * and he was dessimated in the rematch..
    I candidly disagree.

It's too bad that Mir fell in line and is now apologizing to butt- and his family. Shame.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cag...urn=mma,223192

Frank Mir:
    "I would like to apologize to Brock Lesnar, his family, the UFC and the UFC fans for my stupid remarks. I respect Brock, all the other fighters, and the sport of mixed martial arts. I’m sorry that I stepped out of line."

Post Count
    haha i met a mma fighter, well I had chance to talk with him few minutes

The guy is fighting in small areas if you can call clubs place with that kind of word.

He is busting his body off and he gets money close to zero.
    diferent places has diferent rules, and he was out like 30 seconds last time he got soccerkicked in the head when he was down

but he does that for a pleasure a recreation. nice

Thread Information