Post Count
    His reason was because he wasn't drafted...what a cry baby.

It's 11:46...and OU STILL sucks!!!!! jalbre6's Avatar
    Post Count
    He was awarded the Draddy Trophy as the nation's top scholar-athlete in December and received $25,000 in scholarship money.

Not to mention that his family's got a little money, ya know. If he's quitting becuase he doesn't want to play anymore, that's one thing. If it's because he didn't get drafted, that's an entirely different subject. I bet if Michael asked the Bengals for a tryout, Cincy would be all for it.

Post Count
    "I don't wanna play anymore Daddy"

The guy didn't get drafted. This tends to be a rather clear sign that none of the 32 NFL teams believe you can play at that level. Some guys resist that and continue to fight for the chance to play in the league. But others decide that life is actually about more than being a professional athlete. If you don't get drafted and you have other things that you want to do, where does it say that you should sign as a free agent, get shuffled to the bottom of someone's roster as training camp fodder, and hope (at best) to become a marginal NFL player? Where does it say that he should subject himself to constant negative comparisons with his father?

My uncle is a C/T surgeon who, several years ago taught at Ohio State's medical school. In the summer of 1989, one of his new students was a guy named John Frank, whose name I immediately recognized. He had started for the 49'ers in Super Bowl XXIII and caught 2 passes in that game (to give some context, he started over Brent Jones). It was his last game (after a 5 year NFL career) because he decided to retire and move on with his life. He was 27 at the time, entering the prime of his career with a Super Bowl team, Frank decided he had other things to do. From what I understand, he played in the NFL only because the 49'ers used a #2 pick on him in the mid-80's; had he not been drafted, he would have done exactly what Michael Munoz has chosen. He simply had better things to do.

Props to Michael Munoz for taking the chance to see if he would get drafted, but for recognizing that his heart's calling is off the football field.

true
    but i still plan on training my kid from birth to become a deepsnapper
    Marv? Marv Marinovich? Is that you?

Thread Information