Page 3 of 89 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    I remember people on here hating on Juarez during the WC

Also I wonder if he's playing as an attacking mid or if he has more offensive freedom with Celtic (havent caught the games) cause he rarely scored in Pumas or with the national team. 2 goals in 2 games is nice.

Eat Tacos.Lift Stones. Dinamita's Avatar
    Post Count
    I remember people on here hating on Juarez during the WC

Also I wonder if he's playing as an attacking mid or if he has more offensive freedom with Celtic (havent caught the games) cause he rarely scored in Pumas or with the national team. 2 goals in 2 games is nice.
    I've watched every game he's played in and he's one of the best players on the field. At Celtic they play him as a center mid but he's all over the place, basically a box to box midfielder.

2 goals in 2 european matches, meaning He has scored in a Champions league qualifier, and today in the Europa league qualifer. This was his 4th or 5th game with Celtic so 2 goals in 4-5 games. Still good for a CM though.

My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    That goal was awesome.... I'm surprised by his reflexes on both goals... those plays were executed fast

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Liverpool FC
    Post Count
    Can't deny he played awful in the WC.

My Team
    AC Milan
    Post Count
    Giovani out for this weekend's game vs Stoke City with a muscle strain (per ESPN)
    Last edited by SAtown; 08-20-2010 at 03:26 PM.

My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    I've watched every game he's played in and he's one of the best players on the field. At Celtic they play him as a center mid but he's all over the place, basically a box to box midfielder.

2 goals in 2 european matches, meaning He has scored in a Champions league qualifier, and today in the Europa league qualifer. This was his 4th or 5th game with Celtic so 2 goals in 4-5 games. Still good for a CM though.
    Actually saw on ESPN yesterday that in 66 games with Pumas he had 0 goals. Which makes 2 in 3-4 games( didnt he only play like 2 mins in one game bc of the Spain friendly) that much more crazy

Hopefully he keeps playing well and can make a leap to a bigger league.

Can't deny he played awful in the WC.
    Because of the yellow cards and suspension vs Uruguay? Thats his game, these goals are nice and all but his strength is the toughness and grit he brings. European teams wouldnt have looked at him and picked him up if he had actually been awful.

My Team
    AC Milan
    Post Count

RAFA!!!!!!!!

My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    that goal was sick.... lol Henry hasn't scored

My Team
    Club de Futbol America
    Post Count
    great goal

My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    Just want to say Jonathan Dos Santos.

Despite being less talented we need players on the team like Orozco, did anybody see his interview when he was told he was on the list for the Ecuador/Colombia games? Almost started crying out of joy and out of the pride he has of representing Mexico. We need that not s that dont show up when theyre called up because they have "obligations" with their clubs. Gonna need a whole lot of luck to ever make a WC squad for Brasil or Spain.

My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    I have to disagree on the whole idea that we need people who are going to be proud when called up... I mean, I would be proud... I would cry but does that mean I'm better for the team? no.

I don't really know what's behind the whole club/NT situation with Jonathan, but if you sign a contract that says you have to do something with the club and it interferes with the NT over a friendly... I would honor it.

My Team
    AC Milan
    Post Count
    Anyone catch the highlights (or the game itself) of the Cruz Azul v Real Salt Lake match midweek? Even though nobody gives a about the Concacaf Champions League, and the stadium was completely empty, it was a great ending.

Monterrey also kicked that Seattle Sounders ass

Eat Tacos.Lift Stones. Dinamita's Avatar
    Post Count
    Mexico vs Ecuador tonight

Squad:
    -------------Ochoa--------------
    ----Moreno-Rodríguez-Salcido----
    Barrera-Márquez-Torrado-Guardado
    ---Dos Santos--------Vela-------
    -----------Hernández------------

New special edition kits celebrating 200 years of independence:

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Liverpool FC
    Post Count
    They look ugly.

My Team
    AC Milan
    Post Count
    Mexico should never have to step foot in Cacalajara ever again. Pathetic attendance, pathetic showing by el tri, what a big waste of time.

My Team
    Club de Futbol America
    Post Count
    I can't find a positive from this game.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Anyone catch the highlights (or the game itself) of the Cruz Azul v Real Salt Lake match midweek? Even though nobody gives a about the Concacaf Champions League, and the stadium was completely empty, it was a great ending.

Monterrey also kicked that Seattle Sounders ass
    Pretty insane ending.

that goal was sick.... lol Henry hasn't scored
    he scored in his first game....like real quick into it also

My Team
    Club de Futbol America
    Post Count
    Mexico vs Colombia

My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    Lets hope this game is at least decent, that last one was horrendous

My Team
    AC Milan
    Post Count
    Goal,,, f'in finally

My Team
    Club de Futbol America
    Post Count
    It looked like a hard fought even match. It was a better showing for Mexico.

My Team
    Club de Futbol America
    Post Count
    Apparently there is a rumor from the British tabloids claiming that Carlos Vela is jealous of Chicharito. I don't know if this is true or not.

My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    Well... he should be. Chicharito has been playing great since he went to Europe... Vela on the other hand...

I thought it was interesting when I saw a poll on Univision asking if people believed that Vela deserved to be in the national team... he still got about 60% on his favor... but he definitely needs to step it up now more than ever. It used to be only Vela and Dos Santos, the other guys are starting to step up and put it in the net... they better watch their backs.

Btw... is Vela going to start now that Walcott got injured? This should be great considering he's been waiting for the opportunity, I sure wish him the best if he is...

I was reading this which led me to believe he is..

http://www.thegunninghawk.com/2010/0...urite-line-up/

This part is interesting

According to Arsene, the Mexican is in good shape, let’s just hope this means we will see more of Vela as time is running out for him.

Many believe he’s no good for Arsenal. Some say he’s lazy, some say he’s too lightweight, others that he smiles too much. My opinion is that whenever he was involved he impressed, either in a way or another. And I’m sorry, but judging someone who is yet to play two games in a row as a regular is just plain foolish. Give him a run in the first team, 5-10 games and then we judge. Many were given such an opportunity, it’s time for Carlos to be given the same treatment.
    Last edited by Sense; 09-10-2010 at 11:51 PM.

My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    Well I was far from being right... but he did score today! Beautiful goal too

Thread Information