Page 7 of 89 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
    Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    both of these teams, but Corona is a ing idiot
    His lack of self-restraint, and composure will surely keep him off the short list of National Team goalies... Seriously, do any of these guys not realize that at least 5 cameras record all the game's action....?

My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    Cruz Azul is cursed. Since their last championship in 1997, they either lose in the semifinal or final.
    Yes they certainly are.... I told a buddy of mine that they would manage a way to lose that 2-0 advantage... And sure enough, they came through...

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    What I don't get is why the did they swing at the fan? Yeah he was on the pitch but its not like he was attacking anyone.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    BTW stupid ing coach got what he deserved, TBH.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Just read the fan just wanted to shake Torrado's hand and was released after paying a fine....... that was 2.50.

ing Cruz Azul choke away the game then try to kick their own fans ass. Great ing league.

My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    Just read the fan just wanted to shake Torrado's hand and was released after paying a fine....... that was 2.50.

ing Cruz Azul choke away the game then try to kick their own fans ass. Great ing league.
    He pays that fee but he can never set foot in any of the league's stadiums..

Did you look at the video? Monarcas scored at the 43rd minute.. and then the fan tries to go in there.. The players are pissed 1... because they just lost their chance at the le.. and 2. because there's still time left and the clown is in there...

Sure, it doesn't warrant for any player to go Artest on their ass but, they just suffered a HUGE blow.. and Mexicans/Latinos aren't known for being peaceful..

The league is great actually, I'm sure the MLS would love to be in the same level.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    I would've punched that er too. Can't blame that Azul player for going after him.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    He pays that fee but he can never set foot in any of the league's stadiums..

Did you look at the video? Monarcas scored at the 43rd minute.. and then the fan tries to go in there.. The players are pissed 1... because they just lost their chance at the le.. and 2. because there's still time left and the clown is in there...

Sure, it doesn't warrant for any player to go Artest on their ass but, they just suffered a HUGE blow.. and Mexicans/Latinos aren't known for being peaceful..

The league is great actually, I'm sure the MLS would love to be in the same level.
    MLS will pass them soon enough. There's no excuse for hitting him. He's one of their ing fans - or was anyway. I get what he did was stupid but he's just asking his favorite player for a hand shake and here comes a ing flying kick to the knee. Pretty move to just kick a guy standing there, too.

My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    MLS will pass them soon enough. There's no excuse for hitting him. He's one of their ing fans - or was anyway. I get what he did was stupid but he's just asking his favorite player for a hand shake and here comes a ing flying kick to the knee. Pretty move to just kick a guy standing there, too.
    That might be the case a couple of years down the road... the 'farming system' embedded in High-School / Collegiate athletic programs is a big plus for U.S. Soccer and will eventually pay dividends as far as producing talented players is concerned (even those of Mexican descent rising through those ranks)...

Anyways, there is no such system (with that level of organization) among Mexican high schools... most of the kids develop their game in the streets (torneos de barrio etc...), and are found by scouts as 'diamonds in the rough'... They don't have access to special training, coaching, workouts, or enhanced nutrition... many of them have to work on the side to provide for their familes... it is this environment which produces Mexican footballers...

Anyways, I kind of drifted off topic...

Another front in which the MLS needs to drastically improve before it can take the ' le' of 'best league in CONCACAF'... is with the level of its referrees... Seriously [IMO], there is simply no comparison between the two leagues on this front... In-game violence [as opposed to security breach induced fan-on-the-pitch-violence ] is a detriment to the level of the MLS and will keep star players from choosing to play in said league...

The league has suffered three horrific fractures over the past several weeks (David Ferreira, Steve Zakuani, Javier Morales), a fact which diminishes the overall product on the pitch... I watched the Real Salt Lake vs. Chivas USA match in which Morales suffered his injury... Yeah, it was a bad, late not necessarily malicious-but-still reckless tackle... but the ref allowed the chippiness of the game to escalate to that level... there were a couple a bad challenges prior to that play that were slowly building up the agression of the next tackle... IMO it could have been prevented, had the ref properly sanctioned those previous challenges...

To borrow a quote from a recent article:

"MLS as a whole lacks depth. It needs every good player it has to stay healthy, and the fact that so many of its best have at late been cut down while performing for their teams is cause for serious concern.

That the fallen players were good players didn't need to be proven anywhere else, because those players proved it where it mattered.

MLS may want to show that it's a tough league, and indeed, it probably wins the award for most broken legs this past month.

It would be better, though, if MLS was known for skillful play. Yet that's never going to happen if the players capable of such skill keep going down."

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1110/...-arent-as-well

My Team
    Boca Juniors
    Post Count
    Crofl mls

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    That might be the case a couple of years down the road... the 'farming system' embedded in High-School / Collegiate athletic programs is a big plus for U.S. Soccer and will eventually pay dividends as far as producing talented players is concerned (even those of Mexican descent rising through those ranks)...

Anyways, there is no such system (with that level of organization) among Mexican high schools... most of the kids develop their game in the streets (torneos de barrio etc...), and are found by scouts as 'diamonds in the rough'... They don't have access to special training, coaching, workouts, or enhanced nutrition... many of them have to work on the side to provide for their familes... it is this environment which produces Mexican footballers...

Anyways, I kind of drifted off topic...

Another front in which the MLS needs to drastically improve before it can take the ' le' of 'best league in CONCACAF'... is with the level of its referrees... Seriously [IMO], there is simply no comparison between the two leagues on this front... In-game violence [as opposed to security breach induced fan-on-the-pitch-violence ] is a detriment to the level of the MLS and will keep star players from choosing to play in said league...

The league has suffered three horrific fractures over the past several weeks (David Ferreira, Steve Zakuani, Javier Morales), a fact which diminishes the overall product on the pitch... I watched the Real Salt Lake vs. Chivas USA match in which Morales suffered his injury... Yeah, it was a bad, late not necessarily malicious-but-still reckless tackle... but the ref allowed the chippiness of the game to escalate to that level... there were a couple a bad challenges prior to that play that were slowly building up the agression of the next tackle... IMO it could have been prevented, had the ref properly sanctioned those previous challenges...

To borrow a quote from a recent article:

"MLS as a whole lacks depth. It needs every good player it has to stay healthy, and the fact that so many of its best have at late been cut down while performing for their teams is cause for serious concern.

That the fallen players were good players didn't need to be proven anywhere else, because those players proved it where it mattered.

MLS may want to show that it's a tough league, and indeed, it probably wins the award for most broken legs this past month.

It would be better, though, if MLS was known for skillful play. Yet that's never going to happen if the players capable of such skill keep going down."

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1110/...-arent-as-well
    The refs are flat out atrocious. I agree with everything you've posted. Those tackles were just terrible. Too many good players going down to ty injuries.

My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    As expected Corona's call up to the National Team for the Gold Cup Tournament has been revoked... what a turd.

My Team
    FC Porto
    Post Count
    Xolos!!!!

My Team
    FC Porto
    Post Count

My Team
    Club de Futbol America
    Post Count
    Now that Depo has been relegated, I'm wondering if Guardado will stay or jump to another team.

My Team
    FC Porto
    Post Count
    Mexico plays tomorrow against Ecuador after Man U vs Barca.

starting 11 according to the radio:

---------Ochoa----------
    Osorio-Maza-Moreno-Juarez
    -----Torrado-Castro------
    Gio-------Zinha----Guardado
    ---------De Nigris---------

My Team
    FC Porto
    Post Count
    messico vs nz tonight

My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    I feel sorry for New Zealand.. 3-0 and Ochoa has been bored the whole time..

De Nigris shouldn't be there..

My Team
    Club de Futbol America
    Post Count
    Good to see El Hobbit Bermudez get some playing time. He always got ignored because of his height.

My Team
    FC Porto
    Post Count
    The announcer was ing annoying both games with his Zinha love affair. Seriously how can Zinha be ahead of Gio for a starting position??

My Team
    Club de Futbol America
    Post Count
    New Zealand was a joke.

My Team
    FC Porto
    Post Count
    Mexico's U20 World Cup Group:

England
    Argentina
    North Korea

fuuuuuuuuuu

My Team
    FC Porto
    Post Count
    Mexico's U 17 team beat Argentina's U17 twice. 4-0, and 3-2.

Mexico is Hosting this years U17 World cup, hopefully they win it again.

Mexico's group:
    North Korea
    Netherlands
    Congo

My Team
    FC Porto
    Post Count
    Manchester United keeping tabs on El Cubo Torres

Torres has scored six goals in 19 appearances since making his Chivas debut against Monterrey last November and his form has earned him a call-up into Mexico's Under-20 squad for the Toulon tournament in France.
    PSV Eindhoven have already scouted the player in Mexico, but Manchester United have forged close links with Chivas since signing Hernández, aka Chicharito, for £6 million in April last year.
    And Sir Alex Ferguson and chief scout Jim Lawlor have been made aware of Torres's emergence since breaking into the Chivas first-team.
    Torres, nicknamed 'El Cubo', stands 5ft 11in and is described as being strong in the air and with a powerful shot.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...Hernandez.html

My Team
    FC Porto
    Post Count
    Mexico is in the semifinal's of the Toulon Tournament. They play tomorrow vs Colombia.

If they win they play the winner of France vs Italy in the final.

Thread Information