Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Taz1
    of all the sporting events that are on record as being contested, and subsequentally be awarded medals, which ones should be eliminated for the next summer olympic games, in '08, in bejing, china ?

i vote for synchronized swimming !

boooooorrrrriiiiiinnnnnggggggggggggg !

if i want to see a mess of "super models" frolicking around in the pool, i'll go to either vegas, or hefner's playboy mansion west !

Taz1
    oops ...

sorry, i forgot that this was a spurs forum, so if the moderators wish to move this to the club forum, please do !

Whottt
    Personally I am prettty sick of the judged events that don't use replay...Gymnastics, diving..etc...

They need to figure out a better system for the gymnasts, divers and figure skaters because these judges are corrupt, incompetent and suceptible to politics.

ShineOnYouCrazyManu
    Sychronized Swimming, that gymnastic stuff where a lot of girls do stuff with a ribbon, Equestrian.

Add: Rugby

emmo
    speedwalking.

c'mon, just jog for christ sakes.

Pooh
    the speed walking is cool, I like that. take out trampoline and add bass fishing

IcemanCometh
    basketball

T Park Num 9
    Table Tennis.

I mean come on, PING FREAKIN PONG????

Add Rugby or golf.

iminlakerland
    The horse thing. Jumping over stuff...

T Park Num 9
    equestrian IILL??? :p

iminlakerland
    Yes T Park equestrian...i just wanted to see who would figure out what i was talking about.

Does anyone really watch it?

SequSpur
    Woman Events.

iminlakerland

Sequ better watch it there!

IcemanCometh

Alamo Spurs Fan
    the speed walking is cool, I like that.
    If ever there was an argument that something sucked 100% total ASS, the fact that Pooh digs it is proof positive.

Taz1
    another sport that needs to be eliminated is softball !

come on, now, have you seen what the distances are to the outfield fences are ?

200'-220' !?!?!?

that's the same measurements as little league baseball !?!??!

a pop-up winds up going out for a hr ?!?!?!

if i want to see a bunch of "carpet-munchers" (with the exception of j finch, & c osterman, of course) running around, i'll go to ancira sports park !

iminlakerland
    Softball is awesome stfu!

Taz1
    come on iill ...

the pitchers only throw this softball about 70-75 mph ?

i used to play men's fast pitch softball, and when we played, we were facing pitchers from new zealand, australia, canada, etc., that would throw this ball at about 100-115 mph, and with the fact that these pitchers would check in at about 6'3" - 6' 6", when they would finish their delivery, they would, practically be in your face !

and the outfield fences would be at least 275' to 350' !!!

baseline bum
    If ping pong is in the Olympics I think foosball should be too.

timvp
    i used to play men's fast pitch softball, and when we played, we were facing pitchers from new zealand, australia, canada, etc., that would throw this ball at about 100-115 mph
    Um, no.

T Park Num 9
    show me a guy who throws a softball at 100 miles an hour,
    and ill become his agent and have a MLB team sign him to a 15 million dollar contract.

Cause hed throw that MLB ball at about 130.

iminlakerland
    Ummm No Taz...wtf are you smoking.

I was a 4 year Varsity Softball player in high school. I had to learn how to pitch at 16 because our two pitchers suffered season ending injuries.

I will tell you this pitching underhand is DIFFICULT AS ! Show me one dude that can pitch that fast. Your exagerating out of your ing mind!

Baseball pitchers are able to pitch at higher speeds because one they are standing on a mound. Secondly its much easier to throw a ball faster over hand than it is under hand.

The way you pick up power pitching underhand softball is through your arm and hips. Plus ur not standing on a mound. Granted you are closer to your batter than you are in baseball.

But Softball is not as easy as you may think! Sorry...

DuffMcCartney
    I say running should be eliminated....

We all know the black man is gonna win.

iminlakerland
    Duff,

Jeremy Wariner...

timvp
    Well no one has thrown a softball faster than 90 MPH and no one has thrown anything at 115 MPH ... so I'm going to have to call BS at that one.

Thread Information