Spurs advance to WCF, win by 1!!!

http://dleague.nba.com/games/20160409/RGVAUS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course I love it when our d-league team wins, but as far as prospects go, the Austin cupboard looks pretty bare.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course I love it when our d-league team wins, but as far as prospects go, the Austin cupboard looks pretty bare.
    Yes there is really nothing there this season to look at. The two guards that won them the game are very undersized and nothing special.if anything the coaching staff in Austin. Has been doing a great job this past few seasons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes there is really nothing there this season to look at. The two guards that won them the game are very undersized and nothing special.if anything the coaching staff in Austin. Has been doing a great job this past few seasons.
    During the early part of the season I was impressed by the progress Cady was making on his three point shot, but since then he seems to have regressed. Then Ndoye showed some flashes, but he, too, seems to have peaked and plunged. At the D-league level Deshaun Thomas is a player, but he is the definition of a tweener at the NBA level. Sykes is a Mills cyclone without a three-point shot. Nick Johnson is a 27-year old journeyman. Meh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    During the early part of the season I was impressed by the progress Cady was making on his three point shot, but since then he seems to have regressed. Then Ndoye showed some flashes, but he, too, seems to have peaked and plunged. At the D-league level Deshaun Thomas is a player, but he is the definition of a tweener at the NBA level. Sykes is a Mills cyclone without a three-point shot. Nick Johnson is a 27-year old journeyman. Meh.
    Sykes is super athletic but smaller than Mills, not the same quality shooter, and he's not a good passer. He's not even better than Bryce Cotton who ended up falling out of the league bc he's too small.
    Ndoye may or may not develop. His best attribute is just the raw size/length/agilty but he may not put together the raw tools with skill. Cady really needs to shoot very well to have a chance at the NBA since he's nothing special anywhere else. Deshaun has been very streaky himself as well and he's the true definition of a bad tweener, but he's experienced, having played in Europe so it shows in games. He's not an NBA talent though.

I really only watched a few games this season where they had Simmons, Ray or Boban and wasn't impressed by anyone there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Austin Spurs Verified account ‏@austin_spurs

The 2016-17 schedule is here!! Season tips off at home on November 13th. Full schedule>> http://austin.dleague.nba.com/news/austin-spurs-release-2016-17-schedule/ …

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And they are announcing a forme All Star signing... for 5 MORE YEARS!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And they are announcing a forme All Star signing... for 5 MORE YEARS!
    You think you're funny, but you're really not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBDL draft is going on right now:

Eric Pincus Verified account ‏@EricPincus

If you're curious about the @DFenders draft, they traded their first rounder to land Jeff Ayres, who is currently playing overseas I believe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs selected:

Austin Maurice Bolden Southern Mississippi

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2nd round:

Austin Danny Stewart Rider

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4th round:

Austin Charles Garcia Seattle

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    5th round:

Austin Kevin Anderson Richmond

6th round

Austin Alexis Wangmene Texas

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Austin announced 8 pre-draft training camp players including Eddie, McCamey, @spurs training camp players Arcidiacano, Garino & Jean-Charles

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Austin announced 8 pre-draft training camp players including Eddie, McCamey, @spurs training camp players Arcidiacano, Garino & Jean-Charles
    Thanks no surprises on Garino, Arci and LJC but glad Garino chose to stay in the dleague. I think Austin will have a good season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Eddie is back? Cool. Slightly sad to see no Richards. Hope they drafted bigs in the first couple of rounds.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks no surprises on Garino, Arci and LJC but glad Garino chose to stay in the dleague. I think Austin will have a good season.
    Basquetplus basketball news site has confirmed Garino will play in the D-League for Austin.

Here is the link: http://basquetplus.com/articulo/su-i...s-austin-spurs

In an interview done yesterday, he said a couple of things regarding the Spurs and his idea for the future, here is a translation of what he said:

"It was what i expected (Spurs keeping Forbes and Lapro and waiving him), my intuition was that Nico was getting the nod so i prepare for that situation. I was told Friday, before the game, i had a talk with Pop and he told me that they were going to waive me, but wanted me to stay within the organisation with San Antonio affiliate Austin from the D-League. To say the truth they treated me very well, because i was given a choice, because my contract said i HAD to stay (In Austin, if cut) but the Spurs were generous enough to let me know that they would release me if i had a better offer"

"If there were any offer i would evaluate them, but Europe not sure if it comes from Europe, because i am very hardheaded guy and i want to stay here. I am decided, because i know the right way is to go to Austin. If an NBA team reaches i would think about it, but i will always take into account my evolution as a player, without worrying about the financial part"

"My individual growth in Austin will be great because the Spurs will help me a lot, they´ll design a work plan for me, so i can improve those aspects of the game that have been evident in the preseason (that i have to improve). It will be a key experience, and will help me to play extended minutes"

"Staying here also has some advantages... (Then he goes about the chance of being called up to an NBA team)"
    "I am looking forward to it, compromised. Very anxious to start this new stage in my career, it will be different. I believe it will help me to keep improving, and that´s my goal"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No NBA contract says you have to go to the d-league if you get waived. I assume he means that he got that guaranteed money upon the understanding that he would go to Austin if cut, but that would not be legal to write officially. The Spurs may well have let him go back on his word and keep the money. And that's what I think he meant.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Would love to see him on the team if he clears waivers. He already played for Austin last year so he should be more comfortable there.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Would love to see him on the team if he clears waivers. He already played for Austin last year so he should be more comfortable there.
    Surprised they gave up on him so soon. He needs to be developed. Does anyone know how to develop talent besides the Spurs? Felt my Lacob kids of death coming but pulled back... Seriously though, or ability to sign cheap talent and develop them is to notch though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No NBA contract says you have to go to the d-league if you get waived. I assume he means that he got that guaranteed money upon the understanding that he would go to Austin if cut, but that would not be legal to write officially. The Spurs may well have let him go back on his word and keep the money. And that's what I think he meant.
    I'm curious to see how the rumored two-way contracts would work under the new CBA. How high will the assigned-to-NBDL salary be? Will teams be able to lock a guy up with one of those deals? It should be an advantage for a smart team like the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surprised they gave up on him so soon. He needs to be developed. Does anyone know how to develop talent besides the Spurs? Felt my Lacob kids of death coming but pulled back... Seriously though, or ability to sign cheap talent and develop them is to notch though.
    Surprised about Tavares too. He started playing very late. He's just as tall as Boban and not as slow, and slumbering. Intriguing dleague player if he does stay there. Hawks decided to hold on to Tiago...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm curious to see how the rumored two-way contracts would work under the new CBA. How high will the assigned-to-NBDL salary be? Will teams be able to lock a guy up with one of those deals? It should be an advantage for a smart team like the Spurs.
    I don't think teams will have any trouble finding guys who take those deals anyone who signed a partial-guarantee "d-league bonus" deal would sign one of these, unless they are only going to pay them like $50k a year when they are sent down. That's stupid. But if they do the smart think and just make it like the min when called up and like half the min when sent down, it'll work for everyone.

I'm curious to see who all is eligible for these contracts. Is it just rookies? Can it include guys trying to rehab like Okafor? Can draft picks sign these deals while their teams still keep their rights?

Thread Information