Page 13 of 128 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They had my interest. Now theyve got my attention.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like the Austin Spurs military tribute uniforms better than the mother-ship:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, Bertans with 22 points in the first half

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, Bertans with 22 points in the first half
    6 3 pointers already!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertrans>>>> bonner

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Garino might deserve a spot over Forbes. Dude's been impressive on both ends so far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Garino might deserve a spot over Forbes. Dude's been impressive on both ends so far.
    This is the DLeague. Adjust your expectations accordingly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the DLeague. Adjust your expectations accordingly
    Yeah, but Forbes is also in the game... Usually, NBA players look dominant in the d-league -- especially offensively. Look at Bertans' first half. Obviously, we're still in the monitoring stage, but Forbes hasn't been that good so far. Livio hasn't, either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertrans>>>> bonner
    this was never a doubt

Spurs International Expert gilmor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray is so bad

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yikes! Though I meant to watch the game, I ended up in the gym and had things going at home. I checked the stats and it's a beatdown by OKC.. what happened? Guessing TO killed them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yikes! Though I meant to watch the game, I ended up in the gym and had things going at home. I checked the stats and it's a beatdown by OKC.. what happened? Guessing TO killed them.
    No chemistry. And that's sort of weird, because some of those guys have been teammates for months. Definitely not making passes when they were supposed to. Also, no one could make threes in the second half. That's death in the d-league.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I made a case for this before the final cuts thinking he would be the wisest decision. Basically Forbes is like a Boban. A freak on offense but a defensive liability. Garino is much better all around player. Anyhow i doubt this really makes a difference anyways. But to Pato's credit his dribble drive game was on full display, and while he looks like my uncle he's a pretty solid finisher. It's unrated part of his game imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No chemistry. And that's sort of weird, because some of those guys have been teammates for months. Definitely not making passes when they were supposed to. Also, no one could make threes in the second half. That's death in the d-league.
    Bertans with 22 pts in a half and 0 the second half?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah. He didn't shoot a lot, but the ones he took looked fine. Just got unlucky, I think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah. He didn't shoot a lot, but the ones he took looked fine. Just got unlucky, I think.
    Thanks.

I ended up watching some of the game (until the 3rd Q) and my impression is that it was extremely disorganized on offense. They played in transition and extremely fast in the second half bc they were attempting a come back, but when the game got away from them was in the first half when they couldn't execute their offense without TO and when they couldn't stop anybody. Diallo is very athletic but he's out of position on defense all the time. Bertans wasn't good on that end either. They gave up offensive boards too among them, very bad job.

The only good things were Bertans hot shooting in the 1st half, which was the only thing noteworthy and Garino's hustle. Murray had a couple of plays where he scored in transition and a few nice passes but he was inconsistent as the PG and guys were not organized, nor did he control tempo or flow.

Forbes didn't get good looks, thus his poor shooting game is explainable, and he forced bad shots on top.
    I could see him stay in the dleague a little bit, so he can add some things to his game, he's got good enough ballhandling that he probably needs to learn to go into some secondary action with a teammate if he doesn't have a good shot instead of forcing.

I saw Bertans try to grab post up position or roll into the paint and nobody giving him the ball there and I was curious to see if he was looking to add things to his game in the interior but they never got him the ball there.

Overall, the team was like a headless en y where if they wanted guys to work on things it wasn't even clear.

LJC was invisible and he was indeed a lightweight who got posted up and backed all the way into the paint. Arci didn't even look like a dleague player. Jarell Eddie is now putting the ball on the floor but he's less athletic and less coordinated handling the ball than Danny. Toros I guess are giving him opportunities to expand and add to his game, but he looked out of his element ballhandling. He's still has his 3 ball though, but nothing else.

Everyone else was unremarkable.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 11-14-2016 at 12:18 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks.

I ended up watching some of the game (until the 3rd Q) and my impression is that it was extremely disorganized on offense. They played in transition and extremely fast in the second half bc they were attempting a come back, but when the game got away from them was in the first half when they couldn't execute their offense without TO and when they couldn't stop anybody. Diallo is very athletic but he's out of position on defense all the time. Bertans wasn't good on that end either. They gave up offensive boards too among them, very bad job.

The only good things were Bertans hot shooting in the 1st half, which was the only thing noteworthy and Garino's hustle. Murray had a couple of plays where he scored in transition and a few nice passes but he was inconsistent as the PG and guys were not organized, nor did he control tempo or flow.

Forbes didn't get good looks, thus his poor shooting game is explainable, and he forced bad shots on top.
    I could see him stay in the dleague a little bit, so he can add some things to his game, he's got good enough ballhandling that he probably needs to learn to go into some secondary action with a teammate if he doesn't have a good shot instead of forcing.

I saw Bertans try to grab post up position or roll into the paint and nobody giving him the ball there and I was curious to see if he was looking to add things to his game in the interior but they never got him the ball there.

Overall, the team was like a headless en y where if they wanted guys to work on things it wasn't even clear.

LJC was invisible and he was indeed a lightweight who got posted up and backed all the way into the paint. Arci didn't even look like a dleague player. Jarell Eddie is now putting the ball on the floor but he's less athletic and less coordinated handling the ball than Danny. Toros I guess are giving him opportunities to expand and add to his game, but he looked out of his element ballhandling. He's still has his 3 ball though, but nothing else.

Everyone else was unremarkable.
    Indeed. Just to talk about the other Spurs send-down, Murray sort of took over in garbage time. He'll need to keep doing that. If he's not threatening a triple-double every game with 20-plus points, he's not ready to call up. He didn't show a ton as a PG. He passed a lot, but he was more deferring playmaking responsibility rather than setting guys up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Indeed. Just to talk about the other Spurs send-down, Murray sort of took over in garbage time. He'll need to keep doing that. If he's not threatening a triple-double every game with 20-plus points, he's not ready to call up. He didn't show a ton as a PG. He passed a lot, but he was more deferring playmaking responsibility rather than setting guys up.
    I think they still have Murray in the getting over himself phase. I don't think they want him to come up too fast. But what he did in the fourth he could of done all game. Nobody on the blue could defend him if he wanted to take them to the rack. He's our trust the process. Lol But he looked disciplined, looking to run offense and not make it about him, but when it comes down to it he has the DNA of a score first point guard, much like Tony.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They changed the height and dimensions of the hoop at the half and that threw his game off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They changed the height and dimensions of the hoop at the half and that threw his game off.
    I know this was sarcasm, but even with his hot shooting in the first half they were getting blown out already... I think a lot of it was terrible defense, the TO, and really Murray didn't have a grasp of the offense. Too many guys played bad. The second Q killed them when they allowed 37 points.

Didn't see Murray in the 4th Q, based on what Chinook said that's when he went to work and scored the most points...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Game in Austin today at 11a on fox sw. I wonder what time they'll announce if the young three will play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte will play with Austin.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray is going for that quadruple double, 10pts, 8rebs, 6 asts and 7 tos. Also just made a really nice runner over Labissiere.

Thread Information