Page 31 of 128 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    They're playing one of their games for schoolkids right now. ESPN+ live stream is so much better than Facebook. Wish they would just go back to YouTube.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he keeps dominating the G-League, scoring over 20 a game he should definitely be on the roster by next season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he keeps dominating the G-League, scoring over 20 a game he should definitely be on the roster by next season
    Two words: Kyle Anderson.

KA was a g-league god, and put up ridiculous numbers: 21.3 pts/8.7 rebs/4.8 asst. The chasm between g-league ability and NBA ability makes the Grand Canyon look like a crack in the sidewalk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

KA was a g-league god, and put up ridiculous numbers: 21.3 pts/8.7 rebs/4.8 asst. The chasm between g-league ability and NBA ability makes the Grand Canyon look like a crack in the sidewalk.
    Kyle Anderson is a starter in the NBA. Matter of fact he would be a starter on this team. So I'll take that, it's good enough to make the team and I don't think Blossomgame is a scared like Kyle

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyle Anderson is a starter in the NBA. Matter of fact he would be a starter on this team. So I'll take that, it's good enough to make the team and I don't think Blossomgame is a scared like Kyle
    Kyle Anderson was never a satisfactory starter, only one by default when he was here. Cunningham and Pondexter, in a combined 28 minutes are pretty much a wash of what KA is putting up for MEM this year.

Blossomgame was on a two way last year, but the Spurs opted not to offer him one this year. I'd take that as a hint that he's not in their plans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyle Anderson was never a satisfactory starter, only one by default when he was here. Cunningham and Pondexter, in a combined 28 minutes are pretty much a wash of what KA is putting up for MEM this year.

Blossomgame was on a two way last year, but the Spurs opted not to offer him one this year. I'd take that as a hint that he's not in their plans.
    Blossom wasn't on a two-way last year. He signed straight with the d-league. Hillard and Costello were the two-way guys.

There is a difference between saying JB isn't in the Spurs' plans and that he shouldn't be in their plans. We agree on the former, but I'm not seeing better options for the latter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blossom wasn't on a two-way last year. He signed straight with the d-league. Hillard and Costello were the two-way guys.

There is a difference between saying JB isn't in the Spurs' plans and that he shouldn't be in their plans. We agree on the former, but I'm not seeing better options for the latter.
    You are correct on the two way. I just think there is an unrealistic expectation of g-league players on this forum. I don't think he would put up better numbers than Quinte Ponningham, and wouldn't have the NBA experience to know where to be and when.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I never said he is a starter-level player. I said he is a starter. Out of 74 games last season he started 67. Out of 12 games this season he started 9. So he is a starter. And he would be starting before Cunningham if he was on the Spurs. Ideally he's the 11th guy on the roster so you can plug him in once somebody gets injured. If Blossomgame can be that he should be on the roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree that Blossomgame is not an NBA starter ideally but he could/would be depth for this squad. Cunningham doesn't have the ability to chase NBA small forwards around, DeRozan is out of position and Q just doesn't have enough octane left in the tank. Maybe he would be woefully outmatched but IMHO I sure would give it a try.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I agree that Blossomgame is not an NBA starter ideally but he could/would be depth for this squad. Cunningham doesn't have the ability to chase NBA small forwards around, DeRozan is out of position and Q just doesn't have enough octane left in the tank. Maybe he would be woefully outmatched but IMHO I sure would give it a try.
    He's still just an undersized PF at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's still just an undersized PF at this point.
    he just needs to defend wings and be physical, and he would already be adding something to that group

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guys we’re tanking just sit back and watch the team get better but still loose.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh starting to really like Washburn a true SF 19 pts 12 rebounds and 3 of 7 from 3 point land.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh starting to really like Washburn a true SF 19 pts 12 rebounds and 3 of 7 from 3 point land.
    Wash is just too damned old. Take five years off, and he'd probably be in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still like Blossomgame getting whatever minutes Metu is getting. Metu was just too raw. Also Poeltl needs to spend some Austin minutes to get familiar with system tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah, but I would still take his "limited upside," youth and athleticism over a unused roster spot and an older player on his last legs.

And like I've said before, they can always cut Blossomgame if/when Huestis is ready or if he doesn't pan out.
    Last edited by J_Paco; 11-13-2018 at 09:20 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wash is just too damned old. Take five years off, and he'd probably be in the NBA.
    He’s 26 years old. Age doesn’t mean much of anything in today sports. The question is does he have a track record of being injury prone? Which I don’t know. The part I like about his game besides the obvious is he has damn near 7 foot wingspan.
    Last edited by Jsmoothexpress; 11-13-2018 at 10:11 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn’t Blossomgame able to get a contract from any team at this point?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn’t Blossomgame able to get a contract from any team at this point?
    Yes. He's still in Austin.

Get Paycheck, Get Drunk HankChinaski's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of Blossomgame's movement in the post looks like he took the time with Duncan in training camp under advisement.

He looks to make a lot of similar moves Duncan would make with his pivoting foot an spins to the baseline or inside the paint. Albeit slower than Duncan would make those moves. Duncan was just so deceptively fast when he got you in the post

Not to sure how effective he would manage against NBA talent, an within the starting lineup since he plays inside a lot not sure you want him clogging the lanes,but off the bench role would seem ideal.

Get Paycheck, Get Drunk HankChinaski's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think next season he has a good chance of making the roster, I just see the fit for him with how the roster is constructed an what the Spurs are needing. He isn't fast enough to handle wings I my opinion as of right now. As a backup 4 next season the Spurs would have a spot for him I think if he continues to improve his game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Julian Washburn was likened to Bruce Bowen in his pre-draft. At 6’8” and 6’10” wingspan, relentless effort to defend and ability to knockdown the 3, I’m very intrigued with this guy. Why aren’t the Spurs giving him 10 day? He could guard 1-4 in college. Spurs could really use help especially a wing defender

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Julian Washburn was likened to Bruce Bowen in his pre-draft. At 6’8” and 6’10” wingspan, relentless effort to defend and ability to knockdown the 3, I’m very intrigued with this guy. Why aren’t the Spurs giving him 10 day? He could guard 1-4 in college. Spurs could really use help especially a wing defender
    I don't think 10 days are in effect right now. I don't think they start until after the final 'guarantee' date on NBA contracts in January.

Thread Information