Page 35 of 128 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Metu is LaMarcus Aldridge in the G-League. Him scoring 20 consistently is a very good sign, giving that it's his first G-League season. Walker plays to assertive for Austin, I think he can take over a game, but just doesn't do it. He's lookin to play more within the team from what I have seen. With as many blow out wins as we had recently I wouldn't mind if Pop calls him up and gives him some garbage time minutes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imo the most important thing for lonnie is To be healty, regain a good condition and also to have good % in g league. I like the fact that is shooting % are good. I agree with chinook he should make more assists , steal... but he is not the team playmaker, he plays more off the ball.

Also happy that metu had a good Game, i was a little bit concerned With some of his g league games.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Metu is LaMarcus Aldridge in the G-League. Him scoring 20 consistently is a very good sign, giving that it's his first G-League season. Walker plays to assertive for Austin, I think he can take over a game, but just doesn't do it. He's lookin to play more within the team from what I have seen. With as many blow out wins as we had recently I wouldn't mind if Pop calls him up and gives him some garbage time minutes.

Very nice footwork!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought Metu would play more the SF than the C in the D-league. Being a PF he needs to play the post, screen and roll/pop but also play comfortably behind the 3pt line, penetrating and finishing/kicking out, finding outlet passes and shooting. However, my biggest concern about him is the defense. He looked terribly lost and raw in the defensive end on his time with the NBA team. He can't step on an NBA hardwood until he can play decent defense.

Young players need confidence from his coaches and minutes in order to feel comfortable into an NBA offense but the knowledge of the defensive system, the focus and the intensity must come from the player's side.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imo the most important thing for lonnie is To be healty, regain a good condition and also to have good % in g league. I like the fact that is shooting % are good. I agree with chinook he should make more assists , steal... but he is not the team playmaker, he plays more off the ball.

Also happy that metu had a good Game, i was a little bit concerned With some of his g league games.
    I had not been able to watch the G-league, but if like you said Lonnie plays well off the ball it will be great. The Spurs already have a number of ball dominant players. If his offense can be like Belinelli but with consistency, it would be ideal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would say Metu seems more D Rob than LaMarcus with his athletics.
    Last edited by XDT76; 12-22-2018 at 07:44 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's been playing professional basketball a lot longer.
    When Ledbetter retires, he's gonna go to play in some amateur senior's league and tear it up. He aint gonna get much slower and has a decent outside shot plus a lot of veteran slyness for a guard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would say Meth seems more D Rob than LaMarcus with his athletics.
    yeah my comparison was more related to production. He shoots a lot of midranges, has post moves and goes for 20/10. That's kinda like LaMarcus in the NBA. Of course Metu is more athletic, but the fact that he can put up those numbers on the regular shows that he has a nice developed offensive game. He's not far from getting NBA minutes, just not quite ready yet. Maybe next year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah my comparison was more related to production. He shoots a lot of midranges, has post moves and goes for 20/10. That's kinda like LaMarcus in the NBA. Of course Metu is more athletic, but the fact that he can put up those numbers on the regular shows that he has a nice developed offensive game. He's not far from getting NBA minutes, just not quite ready yet. Maybe next year.
    I understand what u mean, D Rob was one of the first few centre who played face up / mid range shooter. However, he does not have as many weapon then like fade away and step back. But I just cannot phantom LaMarcus doing all those high flying dunks and alley-oops. Those are just my opinions not trying to get into a debate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Raw and athletic

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s what she said

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jimmer owned that league; but when he wasn't properly retained in the NBA, thanks in part to Cancerny, he had to go to China. Fortunately, Walker won't be treated so rudely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus metu just toying with guys

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol Lonnie's gonna injure himself again with that landing on that follow up

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LWIV percentages have a long way to go before he gets into the big leagues.

Metu's number look so much better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol Lonnie's gonna injure himself again with that landing on that follow up
    He looks like he's still trying to protect himself falling down, which actually looks more awkward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie barely got those two dunk attempts where he seemed like he wanted to bring the hoop down. I wonder if the injury is messing up with his elevation or something. Not that those were weak jumps but it looked like Lonnie thought he should have been higher.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't think it's an elevation issue. Think he mistimed those jumps. Also looks like he legit hurt himself trying to pick up Holland. Was way more springy before that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why does the hoop look too high or is it the angle of the cam?

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't think it's an elevation issue. Think he mistimed those jumps. Also looks like he legit hurt himself trying to pick up Holland. Was way more springy before that.
    His left foot slid some as he got to Holland. It certainly looked awkward.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nick Johnson almost had a triple double. 24 pts 9 rebounds and 8 assist pretty good for a PG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He was just way bigger than anyone on OKC's team so he did what he should've done.

Thread Information