Page 41 of 128 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 3198
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The G League web site will show where they are being broadcasted: https://gleague.nba.com/.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruno Caboclo Is Finally Ready For The NBA

https://www.ridiculousupside.com/2019/1/17/18187646/bruno-caboclo-ready-nba-toronto-raptors-raptors-905-rio-grande-valley-vipers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The G League web site will show where they are being broadcasted: https://gleague.nba.com/.
    https://www.facebook.com/nbagleague/...9709100205024/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love Lonnie seems has potential but looks like he got trex arms
    6’5”, wingspan of 6’10”. Get your eyes checked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs get the win:

Huestis didn't play tonight.

POS MIN FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A +/- OREB DREB REB AST PF STL TO BS BA PTS
    Maverick
    Rowan

SF 26 3-6 2-4 3-3 14 0 1 1 1 2 0 0 0 0 11
    Chimezie
    Metu

PF 24 4-7 0-0 0-2 27 2 7 9 2 1 0 1 1 0 8
    Drew
    Eubanks

C 24 8-12 0-0 0-0 23 2 10 12 1 2 1 2 1 0 16
    Lonnie
    Walker IV

SG 28 9-15 1-2 2-2 19 0 2 2 2 0 0 0 0 0 21
    Travis
    Trice II

PG 31 3-13 1-5 1-1 26 0 5 5 7 2 1 3 0 0 8
    John
    Holland

28 7-10 4-6 2-2 5 0 2 2 1 3 1 1 0 0 20
    Amida
    Brimah

23 5-9 0-0 1-2 -3 4 6 10 1 4 1 4 7 1 11
    Demetri
    McCamey

20 2-6 1-4 0-0 -8 0 0 0 1 2 0 1 0 0 5
    Ben
    Moore

27 3-6 0-2 0-0 -4 1 11 12 1 2 0 0 0 0 6
    Jordan
    Green

1 0-0 0-0 0-0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Cameron
    Rundles

1 0-0 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 0
    DeJuan
    Blair

Josh
    Huestis

Total
    - - 44-84 9-23 9-12 - 9 44 53 17 19 4 13 9 1 106
    Percentages
    52% 39% 75%

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walker looking good, that almost out of bounds play was awesome.
    Has shots, 3 pointers and passing.
    Would like to see his D and how he translates everything into the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd like to see his rebounding/assist numbers improve.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walker looking good, that almost out of bounds play was awesome.
    Has shots, 3 pointers and passing.
    Would like to see his D and how he translates everything into the NBA.
    I've been skeptical of Walker but he's showing a lot now. He has a ton of offensive potential -- he can pass, penetrate, shoot and create.

But his defensive instincts are about the worst on record.

There's no fake he won't fall for, no play that he won't overrun.

The good news is he has a very quick first step on D. The bad news is it's usually in the wrong direction.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been skeptical of Walker but he's showing a lot now. He has a ton of offensive potential -- he can pass, penetrate, shoot and create.

But his defensive instincts are about the worst on record.

There's no fake he won't fall for, no play that he won't overrun.

The good news is he has a very quick first step on D. The bad news is it's usually in the wrong direction.
    Lol, well he can get a lot of improvement in SA like they did with Kawhi, so if he has good D it will come with time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watching him in the g league he's a very different player than what I thought we were getting when drafted. His go to move is a pull up midrange J, he's rarely driving all the way although lately he's doing it more often, he's beyond awful defensively but his 3 point shot is quite good. Perhaps his injury and recovery have played a role in this. His handles are good and he can drive on anyone especially in the g league.

Good news is he definitely looks an NBA player. Has a great first step, athleticism, handles, decent shooting off the dribble, as well as spot up. His dribble pull up J will be there for him in the NBA too, but he's got to increase his defensive intensity and feel tenfold to get meaningful minutes. He has so many skills already for such a young player, it's exciting what he can turn into if he can get it all together and make a development leap like White did.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watching him in the g league he's a very different player than what I thought we were getting when drafted. His go to move is a pull up midrange J, he's rarely driving all the way although lately he's doing it more often, he's beyond awful defensively but his 3 point shot is quite good. Perhaps his injury and recovery have played a role in this. His handles are good and he can drive on anyone especially in the g league.

Good news is he definitely looks an NBA player. Has a great first step, athleticism, handles, decent shooting off the dribble, as well as spot up. His dribble pull up J will be there for him in the NBA too, but he's got to increase his defensive intensity and feel tenfold to get meaningful minutes. He has so many skills already for such a young player, it's exciting what he can turn into if he can get it all together and make a development leap like White did.
    I have no doubt that Walker has the physical tools to be a good NBA player. It is the basketball IQ that he needs work on and that takes time to develop. He's in the right system to make him a very good player.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.nbadraft.net/players/lonnie-walker

All we see is What his draft profile tells : he’s more an offensive guard, he got all the physical tools To suceed but he needs To be more focused on defense and To develop his BB IQ. I agree with some of you, i was expecting more stats ( steals, rebounds ... ) but not that good shooting stroke.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.nbadraft.net/players/lonnie-walker

All we see is What his draft profile tells : he’s more an offensive guard, he got all the physical tools To suceed but he needs To be more focused on defense and To develop his BB IQ. I agree with some of you, i was expecting more stats ( steals, rebounds ... ) but not that good shooting stroke.
    He's got an NBA body, NBA athleticism and NBA quality stroke. If he remotely comes close to D.White's NBA level IQ, then he's going to be a very useful asset.

Spurs are really stacked in the back court. Made sense for Parker to leave. If Parker where still here, White would never get the playing time to develop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gone are the days when players come out NBA ready. Some of these basic mistakes that Lonnie make are ones that should've been coached out of him by the time he made it to us, but since he only stayed 1 year at Miami, he is very raw. I'm one of the people who is ok with Pop's taking the slow and methodical route with our talent. He sees the macro when it comes to our players better than anyone else in the league and he knows that its his job now to develop players into actual NBA players instead of disappointments like Wiggins. Can you imagine what Wiggins would be like today if he played with the Spurs at the start of his career, he would be a monster. Instead he still makes stupid mistakes, doesn't know how to take over games or move without the ball and is lazy on defense. Give Lonnie a few years and he will be a monster himself in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gone are the days when players come out NBA ready. Some of these basic mistakes that Lonnie make are ones that should've been coached out of him by the time he made it to us, but since he only stayed 1 year at Miami, he is very raw. I'm one of the people who is ok with Pop's taking the slow and methodical route with our talent. He sees the macro when it comes to our players better than anyone else in the league and he knows that its his job now to develop players into actual NBA players instead of disappointments like Wiggins. Can you imagine what Wiggins would be like today if he played with the Spurs at the start of his career, he would be a monster. Instead he still makes stupid mistakes, doesn't know how to take over games or move without the ball and is lazy on defense. Give Lonnie a few years and he will be a monster himself in the NBA.
    If Pop can get Bryn Forbes to basically stay in front of his man, with very few physical tools, he can turn Lonnie into a top flite defender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Pop can get Bryn Forbes to basically stay in front of his man, with very few physical tools, he can turn Lonnie into a top flite defender.
    Just like with Dejounte Murray.

Murray looked like the worst defender in history coming into the league.

The Spurs not only turned him into an adequate defender, they turned him into a budding elite defender in short order.

Shooting and D are things the Spurs staff can confer to a player. It looks like they're already making Walker a much better shooter now for the D . . .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The Spurs not only turned him into an adequate defender, they turned him into a budding elite defender in short order.

Shooting and D are things the Spurs staff can confer to a player. It looks like they're already making Walker a much better shooter now for the D . . .
    Exactly!! Murray wasn't a good defender in college.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dejuan DNP. dang can't even get PT w Toros? hurt or what?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

i agree overall but dejounte was not a bad defender, he made 1.8 steal in his colle year for example.

https://www.nbadraft.net/players/dejounte-murray

From nbadraft « Has the potential to be a lock down defender and is already one of the better guard defenders in the Conference in his freshman season »

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lonnie already had great form. Every draft profile I read commented on it. His issue was poor/overly difficult shot selection. Once he learns to play within the offense, the whole good to great thing, he could easily be a 40% shooter from beyond the NBA arc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie already had great form. Every draft profile I read commented on it. His issue was poor/overly difficult shot selection. Once he learns to play within the offense, the whole good to great thing, he could easily be a 40% shooter from beyond the NBA arc.
    Everyone is high on Walker it seems, but in your opinion who should LW4 be in front of in Spurs current rotation, or does he truly belong in Austin currently.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Everyone is high on Walker it seems, but in your opinion who should LW4 be in front of in Spurs current rotation, or does he truly belong in Austin currently.
    Since you didn't ask me, I'll answer.

He's where he should be right now. He's learning that defenses in the pros are much better than college. His drives and finishes aren't even on Bryn's level at this point, and neither is his defensive positioning or effort, though he seems to be improving his D lately. He's getting to be a deadly shooter at that level and the kind of spacing he uses off high screens is the same that he'll be able to get in the NBA. He can go for 20 in a half that way when the game plan turns towards him, so he's like roughly a third of the way to contributing and moving in the right direction.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should be in Austin. He has a set of NBA-level moves an NBA body and uber athleticism, but that's all he has. He isn't a good finisher. He's not even a good driver. He's not a natural passer. He's not a particularly adept rebounder or rim-protector. The steals he gets are much more from hustle than anticipation. Dude is exactly what the d-league is for. He has raw skills that need minutes and special coaching to develop. Especially with the injury, dude's going to have to be brought along patiently, and having him sitting on the bench isn't going to get him there.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should be in Austin. He has a set of NBA-level moves an NBA body and uber athleticism, but that's all he has. He isn't a good finisher. He's not even a good driver. He's not a natural passer. He's not a particularly adept rebounder or rim-protector. The steals he gets are much more from hustle than anticipation. Dude is exactly what the d-league is for. He has raw skills that need minutes and special coaching to develop. Especially with the injury, dude's going to have to be brought along patiently, and having him sitting on the bench isn't going to get him there.
    I agree he is where he needs to be this year. But I hope patty is traded next year and walker takes those minutes.
    Murray
    White
    Derozan
    Forbes
    Walker

Not a bad group

Thread Information