Page 71 of 128 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 3198
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get the hate from so many here on samanic. You ers all thought Metu sucked too.
    Metu sucked hard last year, and underwhelmed in the gleague. This year is a different story.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People are just impatient with Samanic. He just turned 20. He played U17/18 basketball in Europe, he didn't play Euroleague. so the G-League is tougher compe ion than what he had to face in Slowenia. He bulked up before the draft. He bulked up some more in preseason. I assume he's still bulking up. He's versatile and has a high ceiling. It makes sense for the Spurs to draft players with a higher ceiling instead of immediate contributors. This team is rebuilding on the fly, we are not in win now mode.

Brandon Clarke is better right now, but he played 3 years of college ball. He didn't even have a jump shot last season. Samanic has significantly better G-League stats than Clarke had in his first college year.
    If he has a good summer league and then plays another season in the G-League he should start to dominate there. Spurs can bring him over in 2021 when he will be 22. I think he has the potential to be something like Andrei Kirilenko which would be valuable as

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he has the potential to be something like Andrei Kirilenko which would be valuable as
    Kirilenko was an A + defender (and especially one of the most versatile defenders all time), what are the similarities with Kirilenko that you can see in Luka?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Metu another Siakam... I've heard it all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    keldons gotta prove he can shoot or else he's just a better blossomgame
    He shot decent from 3 in college but yeah - that will be a big deal for him. He can drive well, but man to me, for someone who was supposedly a really good athlete, it does not feel that way when I watch him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kirilenko was an A + defender (and especially one of the most versatile defenders all time), what are the similarities with Kirilenko that you can see in Luka?
    Almost the same body type. Samanic is 2 inches taller than Kirilenko and 10 pounds lighter. Giving that he's bulking up he should reach Kirilenko's weight. I know Samanic has a lot less wing span than Kirilenko, about 5 inches, but they have similar mobility as well. Samanic is definitely able to defend guards on the perimeter and with him getting stronger he should be a good post defender as well.

Kirilenko had a very versatile skill set where he was a 5x5 threat who could fill up the stat sheet in every category. I think Samanic could develop into a similar player and a better shooter than Kirilenko. AK-47 shot below 30% from 3 for the majority of his career. Samanic will probably never be the shot blocker Kirilenko was, but he should become a good defender

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    samanic hasn't shown anything resembling the all-world defense kirilenko played... i have no clue where thats coming from. theres more to measurables when it comes to being a good or great defender

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks! I’m actually going to be able to watch this game tonight for the first time this season. Hopefully Luka plays tonight, still no word on why he sat out last game?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drew you are an Austin Spurs animal

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Metu and Luka starting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ledbetter is terrible my god, why is this 31 year old on the team still?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ledbetter is terrible my god, why is this 31 year old on the team still?
    For the same reason that Crash Davis was on the team in "Bull Durham."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A number of people have been ting on Samanic and pumping up Metu. Luka looks better than Chim did last year. While it would be cool if Samanic were already a rotation player, the team has plenty of alternatives that allow them to be patient with his development. It won't be obvious how much better he's gotten until summer league or even next year in the d-league. I say that as a guy who really pounded the table for Clarke before the draft and is still sick over the team passing over him and Bazley

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some random thoughts after watching this team for the first time all the way through.

Luka had a pathetic performance, the vibe I’m getting from him it seems like he thinks he’s to good to be playing in the G-league. In reality he looks years from becoming just a role player in the NBA. He’s a blackhole out there, I noticed a couple times teammates blatantly didn’t pass him the ball even when he was open. Jogging up and down the court, hands on his hips mid play, half ass swipes at the ball without moving his feet. He had two nice drives to the basketball other than that everything he put up was soft as baby . I hope the best for him but man he needs a reality check ASAP.

Metu really stood out tonight, he had 7 blocks and should have had 9 if not for two bad calls. His timing is really impressive. His shot looks smooth, the one three pointer he made he shot it in rhythm no hesitation. He also displayed really good hands tonight he caught a lot of wild passes which turned right into dunks, he doesn’t try to lay anything in which I like. He had some freakish plays tonight and overall just hustled his ass off, he needs to get some reps with the main squad and put pressure on some of these guys in SA.

Like everyone knows here Keldon has a crazy motor, just balls to the wall the entire game. He uses his body really well going to the basket and shielding himself from the defenders. 0-4 from three tonight, he has to start making them but at least he’s attempting them. Rebounded really well too just has a really good knack for the ball.

Spoon is tough as nails and strong as I like him a lot. He has great pace to his game and also has a good knack for the ball. He also displayed tough shot making ability which he showed a lot in his days at Mississippi St.

Keldon, Spoon, and Metu all should be on the Spurs next year and hopefully Beli and Forbes are gone, this team would be a lot better off moving forward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OOH Bolded Dude gave us his "thoughts"
    so "random" so ........ What ever dude

Did I intrude in your thread? You going to be okay buddy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm confused, are you the originator of "random thoughts" is it a Jack Handy SNL thing? (Deep thoughts by jack handy). Is Timvp jacking your style or are you doing his?

Any thoughts that are random about Land war in Asia?

Thanks for your thoughts... Welcome to the party.... Looking forward to more of your ramdomness and thoughtness...
    Get out of your basement and get some pussy Drew, have a goodnight

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are people so worked up in here? Esp being bolded
    Pretty pathetic for a "self anointed good" poster. Tbh tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TheDrewShow you do realize you turn bold automatically right? Lmao. I didnt press anything or do anything to be bold. I think by a certain number of posts you become bold.... I wonder what you will do when you turn bold.

Anyway, have to say it again..... Keldon is a beast.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now they are writing they DRIEST articles too. Sure hope nobody is paying for that copy. Real BOOMER type stuff. Its 2020 put some social media post in your articles, how about a joke or two? Make a video or something. How about a Podcast(although I recall a blogtalk show way back.... some people just cant spit those vocals... )
    Write your own bruh. I read your post, youre actually ok aside from the talking. Just me tho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is Metu not getting any burn with us yet? His energy, defense, Rebounding, etc.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Metu has been beastly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haven't been following the G league but have Keldon and Metu been dominating like this on a nightly basis? If so, pretty cool. Everyone was pretty low on Metu last year but iv seen nothing but praise from most posters this year and i will admit that he has looked really good for the few minutes he has had with the Spurs this season. Its crazy how much a persons game can improve in 1 year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes they have dominated gleague. But when Pop has put Metu in he’s looked completely lost offensively and Defensively

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm super impressed with Metu and Witherspoon. Both need to be in the rotation (especially Metu).
    Keldon put up the stats but I don't see his offensive game translating to the NBA. He needs a lot of work offensively. No real midrange, no 3 point shot, not super fast, just uses his strength to barrel over people. That works well in the G-league but not the NBA

Thread Information