Page 75 of 128 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 3198
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it me or does Keldon have some Paul Pierce in his game?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Geez you guys look for anything to complain about.
    What part specifically? Luka is absolutely not getting those bunnies in the NBA. Keldon absolutely has to work on his shot. If you're going to diss others for analyzing the game and players, you might as well put in the effort to make a little analysis yourself, otherwise you come off as, ironically, a complaining a-hole.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Geez you guys look for anything to complain about.
    In the case of Luka, I actually agree with this. He'll have to get much stronger to finish at the rim in the NBA.

Someone was saying the same thing about Keldon, and I DISAGREE with that one. He's built like a M1A1 tank, and will simply need to learn to throw his body into the shot blocker to finish in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the case of Luka, I actually agree with this. He'll have to get much stronger to finish at the rim in the NBA.

Someone was saying the same thing about Keldon, and I DISAGREE with that one. He's built like a M1A1 tank, and will simply need to learn to throw his body into the shot blocker to finish in the NBA.
    Agreed on all counts. The thing about Keldon, though, is that for the Spurs specifically his ability to finish at the rim (while obviously useful to an extent) is not a need of urgency. Due to the team's current composition (I'm skeptical the FO will blow it up until at least next season) the lanes and paint will be much too clogged for Keldon to go to work using his body, and given that we already have a lot of non-shooting players that already clog the paint to a degree, adding a non-shooting SG/SF (it's irrelevant if Keldon plays the 2 or 3 since DeMar will occupy the other guard position) is a recipe for disaster. Teams will easily dare the Spurs to shoot from outside. Keldon going with the bench lineup isn't much better in this aspect either (even though ideally he should start for his defense alone in place of the POS midget); White is more of a pass-first PG and Rudy doesn't trust his shot nowadays for some reason, and obviously Jakob "3pt shot" Poeltl doesn't space the floor in the slightest.

I could see a future post-blowup where we start DJ-Lonnie-Keldon-Luka-Poeltl, for example, and that could work if both Lonnie and Luka are willing to be volume shooters. But with the way this team is currently constructed, we just can't afford more minutes to non-shooters who aren't difference makers in other areas, or at least that's what I see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed on all counts. The thing about Keldon, though, is that for the Spurs specifically his ability to finish at the rim (while obviously useful to an extent) is not a need of urgency. Due to the team's current composition (I'm skeptical the FO will blow it up until at least next season) the lanes and paint will be much too clogged for Keldon to go to work using his body, and given that we already have a lot of non-shooting players that already clog the paint to a degree, adding a non-shooting SG/SF (it's irrelevant if Keldon plays the 2 or 3 since DeMar will occupy the other guard position) is a recipe for disaster. Teams will easily dare the Spurs to shoot from outside. Keldon going with the bench lineup isn't much better in this aspect either (even though ideally he should start for his defense alone in place of the POS midget); White is more of a pass-first PG and Rudy doesn't trust his shot nowadays for some reason, and obviously Jakob "3pt shot" Poeltl doesn't space the floor in the slightest.

I could see a future post-blowup where we start DJ-Lonnie-Keldon-Luka-Poeltl, for example, and that could work if both Lonnie and Luka are willing to be volume shooters. But with the way this team is currently constructed, we just can't afford more minutes to non-shooters who aren't difference makers in other areas, or at least that's what I see.
    I don't see Keldon playing much with the starters when he comes up, and those issues aren't as pressing with the bench squad. White, Lonnie, Patty, and one of Rudy/Trey can all shoot. The only non-shooter is Poeltl.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Our lack of shooters is so overstated. The players who havent had the reputation of being good shooters have been trending up and are showing to be reliable. Any player who can show theyre not just a shooter is a plus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see Keldon playing much with the starters when he comes up, and those issues aren't as pressing with the bench squad. White, Lonnie, Patty, and one of Rudy/Trey can all shoot. The only non-shooter is Poeltl.
    Thinking about it, it's not very easy to determine which players Keldon will or won't play alongside when he's finally done in Austin, since the answer could drastically change depending on whether we blow it up or don't. What today is our young bench playing behind the vets could all be starting next season, or not - at this point I see the Spurs missing the PO but that doesn't necessarily mean the FO blows it up, especially with Pop at the helm. I will say that, no matter his teammates, Keldon developing a reliable jumpshot would add a lot more dimensions to his game beyond taking it to the rim like he does now.

Our lack of shooters is so overstated. The players who havent had the reputation of being good shooters have been trending up and are showing to be reliable. Any player who can show theyre not just a shooter is a plus.
    The problem is, the person most overtly concerned about the Spurs' lack of shooting is the one calling the shots for the team. As long as Pop is coaching the team, I won't be surprised to see him keep forcing no-D undersized shooters to "compensate" for the starters' general lack of outside shooting. In this picture, Keldon developing a 3pt shot makes him not only playable with the starters, but starting material at the 2/3. Again, it's all mere speculation until we see which path the FO will want to take for next season and beyond. Team could look very different by next year's training camp.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs playing again tonight.

https://gleague.nba.com/games/20200129/AUSNAS/

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They got Spoon playing SF? Okay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking great Luka!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surprised they had Keldon with main squad with Austin having a game tonight also

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn’t watch the game, only highlights, but Luka’s showing exactly why he’s such an exciting prospect - quick flawless jump shot, athleticism, awareness, putting the ball on the floor and beating people to the rim. He’s just turned 20 , hopefully he can put it all together and become a very good player. All the tools are there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn’t watch the game, only highlights, but Luka’s showing exactly why he’s such an exciting prospect - quick flawless jump shot, athleticism, awareness, putting the ball on the floor and beating people to the rim. He’s just turned 20 , hopefully he can put it all together and become a very good player. All the tools are there.
    I still don't get why Pop doesn't even give him a chance or at least a roster spot or garbage time minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He looks pretty good. First time I've seen him in a while.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one denies the toolset. It’s all about at ude and motor with Luka. Those will determine his future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surprised they had Keldon with main squad with Austin having a game tonight also
    Apparently, DeMarre is permanently inactive, and with LMA down they need 13 actives, so one of Keldon or Luka has to be brought up and activated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs of Austin made a comeback tonight

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://gleague.nba.com/games/20200204/ACCAUS/

Austin Spurs

POS MIN FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A +/- OREB DREB REB AST PF STL TO BS BA PTS
    Kenny
    Williams

SF 33 3-8 0-5 0-0 6 1 1 2 4 2 0 3 0 0 6
    Luka
    Samanic

PF 32 10-20 2-6 3-4 -9 2 5 7 2 3 1 3 3 0 28
    Dedric
    Lawson

C 35 8-12 1-2 1-2 -7 5 9 14 2 2 4 0 1 0 18
    Quinndary
    Weatherspoon

SG 30 7-15 1-5 1-1 -6 0 6 6 3 3 1 4 0 2 17
    Angel
    Rodriguez

PG 29 4-8 2-4 1-2 -11 0 1 1 3 1 2 1 0 1 11
    Jeff
    Ledbetter

17 4-7 2-4 0-0 17 0 5 5 5 0 0 0 0 0 10
    Galen
    Robinson Jr.

18 3-4 0-0 0-1 22 0 3 3 6 0 1 0 0 0 6
    Jordan
    Green

15 4-6 0-0 0-0 20 2 2 4 0 2 2 1 0 1 8
    Kavion
    Pippen

12 4-7 0-0 0-0 18 1 1 2 1 1 0 0 1 0 8
    Daulton
    Hommes

14 1-2 0-0 0-0 5 0 2 2 1 1 0 1 1 0 2
    Drew
    Eubanks

Tevin
    King

Total - - 48-89 8-26 6-10 - 11 35 46 27 15 11 13 6 4 114
    Percentages 54% 31% 60%

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the Spurs did beat the Clippers after all...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the Spurs did beat the Clippers after all...

Huff and puff by Luka on that last dunk. Learning from Keldon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are moving the ball and playing more like a team than the parent club.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great to see Luka again with another 20pt game. Also moving quite well.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully Luka can spend the Summer with Tim and Chip and work on his conditioning, low post moves, and his 3 ball.

Thread Information