Page 79 of 128 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 3198
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    … at shooting 3-pointers. Forbes is still one of the 3-4 worst defenders in the entire league, without any doubt. Nobody drew up plays specifically to run at Simmons, like they're doing with Forbes. It's half the game.

Simmons was a marginal role player. He got injured in Orlando, and was never the same. But
    he was far from being one of the worst players in the NBA.
    Exactly and no one called his number on offense either like the Spurs do now for Forbes. He really played well against that series against the Rockets while defending Harden and also scoring, he even had a solid series against GS in the WCF. I can’t even begin to imagine Forbes in that series against that GS team.

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are currently very good players, I would like the Spurs to give a chance from their own Gleague to see if they can be keepers.Guys like DAULTON hommes, who cant shoot, Lawson a undersized big, who can shoot. Gotta see what Simmons can still do before reaching out to him. He was a solid rotational player who thought he was more than what he is. A rotational player-at best!. He can defend, and attack the basket and finish, more than Forbes, DeRozan and maybe even Dejounte. Unfortunately Simmons had a weak 3pt shot, and average ball handling

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons was a legit NBA bench guy when the Spurs developed him three and four years ago. Now out of the league? I did not know that JS is now hanging on. My NBA viewership has diminished to just the Spurs on NBALP when the spirit moves me.

Jonathon hopefully saved his NBA money - I think he had a few months to feed.
    System player who worked best in a narrow, tightly defined role. When he went elsewhere, and was allowed to freelance, he fell on his face, and is now out of the league. Oh, and if he was such boyz with Deuce, why is he in the gleague now, and not on the Clippers bench?

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah. Literally, the only thing that's keeping Simmons from being one of the very worst players in the NBA is that he's no longer in the NBA.
    And the only thing keeping Forbes in the NBA is Gregg Popovich. You don't seriously think he'd make a roster anywhere else do you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why y’all arguing with Chinook who still thinks Pau Gasol is better than Jakob Poeltl

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why y’all arguing with Chinook who still thinks Pau Gasol is better than Jakob Poeltl
    Yeah that was pretty bad lol. However he's right both Simmons and bad but it's like trying to decipher between garbage and rubbish. Simmons is garbage and Forbes is rubbish which makes him a little better lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pau's not even playing anymore. But yes, his last legit healthy season was still better than any season Poeltl has ever had.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And the only thing keeping Forbes in the NBA is Gregg Popovich. You don't seriously think he'd make a roster anywhere else do you?
    Of course he would. I'd argue that he'd straight-up be a better player if he had a coach who didn't try to make him a starter and have him trying to space for a bunch of reluctant/incapable shooters. I don't want Forbes back on the team, but he still has a marketable skill-set with Simmons never had.

Jon's only legit positive was that he could guard small-ball fours. That allowed for a Green, Simmons, Leonard trio to switch around on GS without worrying about Draymond backing them down. We never got to see if it would have worked but that was a real positive that Simmons could have had. What we actually got in that GS series was an inefficient chucker whose team played worse when he was on the floor. He wasn't the worst player on the team for the Spurs in that series, but he was a good sight worse than people on here argue he was.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pau's not even playing anymore. But yes, his last legit healthy season was still better than any season Poeltl has ever had.
    that's not what you said prior, don't try to change up your statement now. You said Pau is still better than Poeltl not too long ago and you said Pau was better than Poeltl last season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's not what you said prior, don't try to change up your statement now. You said Pau is still better than Poeltl not too long ago and you said Pau was better than Poeltl last season
    I never said that Pau IS better than Poeltl right now. Pau is literally not even playing anymore and wasn't the last time we talked about this. He hasn't officially retired, but he can't stay healthy anymore and was waived by Portland. When he broke his foot last year, it ended his career. I did not know that he was never going to recover back when the board had its argument last year. The games prior to him getting hurt, he averaged 7/6/3 in less than 18mpg and on 52-percent shooting from the floor and 57 percent from three. In the games after he came back, he averaged 3/4/1 in almost 10 minutes while shooting 42 percent and 33 percent from three. He went from being an extremely productive backup for LMA (albeit with a legit exploitable lack of mobility) to a guy unable to play at all.

I was wrong in wanting Gasol to play over Poeltl once he got back from injury. But I was wrong because Pau got worse, not because Poeltl had always been the better option that year like many folks argued. As I said, a healthy Gasol, even being old and lacking mobility was still a better player than Poeltl has been so far in his career. Jakob has some things going for him that make him a good player worth holding onto. But he also has limitations that detract from his effectiveness. I think people overlook those limitations because he's young and they assume he'll find a way to fix them. But I don't see any reason to believe that yet. Poeltl has to be judged for who he is now, and that player isn't better than Pau was before he had his career-ending injury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They gave 50 million to Patty for 4 years, gave 48 million to Gasol for 3 offered Simmons 3 a 1.9 he signed for 20 fro 3 with only 14.3 guaranteed.

Now Poop is going to give his lil' bryn and offer equal too or greater than mini patty mills.

FACTS.

Simmons was a good soldier in pops lil army but it wasn't the soldier he wanted apparently.

Poop FOR SURE wont mistake Lil Bryn for some other Black guy, even our "esteemed" Announcer Team of LAND and Washed SEAN thought he was Simmons
    Simmons got bounced from 3 different NBA teams. Try to be smarter smarter and chose a legitimate NBA player if you seriously want to have a solid take on here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tell me what you think my "take is" genius? Its obvious to me its over your head even as simple an plane it was. Ok tell me what you think it was in this post?
    That you're take is horrible. Simmons is out of the league dip . Give me a list of teams beating down Simmon's door to sign him. I'll wait.[/QUOTE]

I think you're of the mind that Bryn Forbes isn't on equal footing as simmons, I think you don't realize that bryn is gonna get the money Simmons didn't get.
    Simmons did get paid in Orlando, PATFO decided to let him walk. Seems like the right move, but do go on about Simmons being on equal footing as Forbes.[/QUOTE]
    I think you don't realize that lil patty and Pau are grossly overpaid(still paying for Gasol). So tell me you think my take was.
    See above.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

LMAO. Pau's "last legit healthy season" was 15-16, in Chicago, and the Bulls were paying him like $7.5M per. Then the Spurs stepped in and gave him $15.5M to come and die here. And that's not even talking about the $3/48 they gave him after it was clear that he was gassed, or that the Spurs are paying Gasol more THIS YEAR than they are paying Poeltl.

Of course Pau was better than Poeltl, once upon a time. The question is (or should be) whether Poeltl is going to be worth 3/$24M, which is exactly half of what Pop handed the corpse of Pau in that last contract.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons did get paid in Orlando, PATFO decided to let him walk. Seems like the right move, but do go on about Simmons being on equal footing as Forbes.

Forbes is one of the worst defenders in the entire league. Arguably THE worst defender in the league. Giving him starter minutes is like selling below cost, and trying to make up for it in volume. It's a losing proposition.

Right now, right this minute, Forbes only does one thing better than Simmons. He shoots 3-pointers. And on any night that Forbes' 3P shot isn't falling, he's a G-League player, just like Simmons is now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMAO. Pau's "last legit healthy season" was 15-16, in Chicago, and the Bulls were paying him like $7.5M per. Then the Spurs stepped in and gave him $15.5M to come and die here. And that's not even talking about the $3/48 they gave him after it was clear that he was gassed, or that the Spurs are paying Gasol more THIS YEAR than they are paying Poeltl.

Of course Pau was better than Poeltl, once upon a time. The question is (or should be) whether Poeltl is going to be worth 3/$24M, which is exactly half of what Pop handed the corpse of Pau in that last contract.
    Nah, Pau was healthy just two seasons ago. That was the first year of that second Spurs contract. The rest of that post talked about how he was actually playing well before he got hurt. Pau wasn't just a good player - - he's a legit HoFer, and even as an old man, he was good.

NBA contracts aren't linear. What Pau got has nothing to do with Poeltl now. People wasted way too much energy griping over his APY and how it fit into the cap picture. He was essentially the Rudy Gay of a couple of years ago, with the big difference being that he actually performed well during the first year of his new contract. In both cases, their APYs didn't affect the cap negatively, but the Spurs learned from Pau not to push Gay's compensation onto a third year for no reason.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this isn't the scenario to call up and take a look at Metu, then one doesn't exist; so why was he given a roster spot for 2 seasons to begin with? What did they expect from him and why has random filler like Eubanks inexplicably been ahead of him since the jump?

He's probably nothing, but despite the questionable feel, he's athletic and relatively skilled. Might as well take a look now and be certain of what they have before potentially cutting the chord in the off season.

People keep being surprised when teams like the Heat find diamonds in the rough, but the thing is, they actually give them an opportunity (even when healthy, ahead of established, big contract types).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this isn't the scenario to call up and take a look at Metu, then one doesn't exist; so why was he given a roster spot for 2 seasons to begin with? What did they expect from him and why has random filler like Eubanks inexplicably been ahead of him since the jump?

He's probably nothing, but despite the questionable feel, he's athletic and relatively skilled. Might as well take a look now and be certain of what they have before potentially cutting the chord in the off season.

People keep being surprised when teams like the Heat find diamonds in the rough, but the thing is, they actually give them an opportunity (even when healthy, ahead of established, big contract types).
    Metu is not a center, or anyone that will ever spell or replace either LMA or Poeltl. He's just not big enough. If you understand that, you understand why Eubanks got the burn. He's a big strong bruiser who can bang with legit NBA bigs.

Metu's role is much more like Lyles, and everyone saw how Trey struggled to body up on the Indy bigs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Metu is not a center, or anyone that will ever spell or replace either LMA or Poeltl. He's just not big enough. If you understand that, you understand why Eubanks got the burn. He's a big strong bruiser who can bang with legit NBA bigs.

Metu's role is much more like Lyles, and everyone saw how Trey struggled to body up on the Indy bigs.
    In today's NBA, he'll have to be a matchup dependant one in order to stick and tonight is the ideal matchup for him. They don't have a post up brute or a monstrous rim runner and let's face it, despite being stouter, Eubanks doesn't have the size to contain those types either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In today's NBA, he'll have to be a matchup dependant one in order to stick and tonight is the ideal matchup for him. They don't have a post up brute or a monstrous rim runner and let's face it, despite being stouter, Eubanks doesn't have the size to contain those types either.
    Yeah, but last night wasn't, and that was your beef, originally. Lyles is bigger than Metu, and pretty much got rag dolled last night. When Eubanks got pulled was when Sabonis went off.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, but last night wasn't, and that was your beef, originally. Lyles is bigger than Metu, and pretty much got rag dolled last night. When Eubanks got pulled was when Sabonis went off.
    It still was, so long as he was kept away from Sabonis (whose just small enough for Eubanks to get by on).

The second either Aldridge or Poeltl is unavailable, him and Eubanks should both be called up for depth purposes. The fact that both aren't, he still wasn't and we're nearing 2 full years, doesn't make any sense, no matter how much you try to spin it to protect your master.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It still was, so long as he was kept away from Sabonis (whose just small enough for Eubanks to get by on).

The second either Aldridge or Poeltl is unavailable, him and Eubanks should both be called up for depth purposes. The fact that both aren't, he still wasn't and we're nearing 2 full years, doesn't make any sense, no matter how much you try to spin it to protect your master.
    I'm not protecting anyone. If you can't see that Metu was completely unsuited to the matchup last night, I can't help you.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not protecting anyone. If you can't see that Metu was completely unsuited to the matchup last night, I can't help you.
    Again, it's not about that. Him and Eubanks should both be automatically recalled when one of Aldridge or Poeltl is out, let alone both. Whichever should play in a given game should be based on obvious factors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, it's not about that. Him and Eubanks should both be automatically recalled when one of Aldridge or Poeltl is out, let alone both. Whichever should play in a given game should be based on obvious factors.
    WTF???

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This season is so boring that fans are arguing about the ghosts of seasons past.

Thread Information