Page 80 of 128 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 3198
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes is one of the worst defenders in the entire league. Arguably THE worst defender in the league. Giving him starter minutes is like selling below cost, and trying to make up for it in volume. It's a losing proposition.

Right now, right this minute, Forbes only does one thing better than Simmons. He shoots 3-pointers. And on any night that Forbes' 3P shot isn't falling, he's a G-League player, just like Simmons is now.
    I agree Forbes is not a starter, but guys like Forbes, who can drain the 3, will always have a job in the NBA.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont understand why Metu was not called up to play with Potel and Aldridge out. Even he did not get min he should have been up to play. I think he also is a better blocker then Drew.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont understand why Metu was not called up to play with Potel and Aldridge out. Even he did not get min he should have been up to play. I think he also is a better blocker then Drew.
    + 1

Plus i think he is a better prospect than Eubanks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Eubanks was two inches taller he would be a good backup center I think he lost some weight and worked on his outside shooting me thinking they trying him at PF?

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, Pau was healthy just two seasons ago. That was the first year of that second Spurs contract. The rest of that post talked about how he was actually playing well before he got hurt. Pau wasn't just a good player - - he's a legit HoFer, and even as an old man, he was good.

He was essentially the Rudy Gay of a couple of years ago, with the big difference being that he actually performed well during the first year of his new contract. In both cases, their APYs didn't affect the cap negatively, but the Spurs learned from Pau not to push Gay's compensation onto a third year for no reason.

LOL. Pau's first year in SA was the worst of his career, by a LOT. Worse than the year he missed 33 games. At least Rudy had the excuse of coming off a horrible injury.

Saying that the Spurs learned from the ty contact they gave Pau is saying that it was a ty contract. You can't have it both ways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL. Pau's first year in SA was the worst of his career, by a LOT. Worse than the year he missed 33 games. At least Rudy had the excuse of coming off a horrible injury.
    Two years ago was his second year with the team, not his first. That second year, he was second in the league in 3P% and had really good impact stats.

Saying that the Spurs learned from the ty contact they gave Pau is saying that it was a ty contract. You can't have it both ways.
    What made Pau's contract ty was not its APY. That's most of the point I've been making on Pau for more than a year. Giving Pau even $19 Million when you're over the cap but under the tax anyway doesn't really matter. Designing a contract to have $6.7 Million in dead money matters a lot. They learned with Gay because they did not give him a partially guaranteed year. Just like with Pau, Gay's APY is irrelevant. I don't blame the Spurs for his contract at all. It sucks that the dude fell apart, but they managed to keep a guy who had been really good for them while maintaining 2021 as a rebuilding off-season. It's a much better deal than the one Gasol signed.

Carroll's deal on the other hand was terrible, even if DMC had been a decent player. Partial guarantees are just bad practice, especially when they are as large as the Spurs have had recently.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's got good size, shooting from, athleticism and footwork. Just needs to get stronger. I hope Spurs sign him an extension.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best post you've ever made

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    more sebersa por favor
    And then you go and ruin it

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So are you going to keep responding with you mexicant at ude to my post for mexicant San Antonio reasons ?

OK welcome to the Block Party es say
    And continue to ruin it. Right back into the ter all your ideas come from

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cause he sucks. Wasn't even a hard question

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cause he sucks. Wasn't even a hard question
    But eubanks rules ?

That's not understable to see him in g league when you have nobody inside.

Imo He is a way better prospect than eubanks.... Strange decision by the PATFO.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge is out. Poeltl is out. Common sense would tell you to call him up in case trey and drew cant get it done in the C position. You need all hands on deck, but nope.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But eubanks rules ?

Eubanks is a lot better than Metu, yes. Lyles is way better. Gay playing the five is better. Signing a dude off the streets would be better. He's that bad. I'd rather play Samanic at the five.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eubanks is a lot better than Metu, yes. Lyles is way better. Gay playing the five is better. Signing a dude off the streets would be better. He's that bad. I'd rather play Samanic at the five.
    That's your point of view, not mine and by far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...okay. That's fine. But there's a difference between believing in him and not understanding why some don't seem to. Chim has everything going for him to play independent of his performance. That he's not being called up anymore says something about how the staff views him, because he was a regular part of the active roster earlier in the year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Metu is a stick. Not even in Today's NBA, and certainly not against the likes of Valanciunas or DeAndre or Drummond, recent opponents with LMA and Poeltl out, can he play center. He'd just get ing rag dolled.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But eubanks rules ?

Metu is no 5 by any NBA measurable. He just doesn't have the girth to play center. He's more of a stretch 4. That said, he should be getting some sort of minutes with the parent club.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Metu is no 5 by any NBA measurable. He just doesn't have the girth to play center. He's more of a stretch 4. That said, he should be getting some sort of minutes with the parent club.
    I agree.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should be getting all of Gay's minutes imho

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...okay. That's fine. But there's a difference between believing in him and not understanding why some don't seem to. Chim has everything going for him to play independent of his performance. That he's not being called up anymore says something about how the staff views him, because he was a regular part of the active roster earlier in the year.
    i understand your point, what i don't understand is why he didn't get some minutes when you don't have nobody at the four or the five, even with demar or gay playing the four.

Metu is a stick. Not even in Today's NBA, and certainly not against the likes of Valanciunas or DeAndre or Drummond, recent opponents with LMA and Poeltl out, can he play center. He'd just get ing rag dolled.
    ok but actually we play gay at the five, i talk about the actual situation and i think it's better to have metu than gay at the five or eubanks. It's not that i don't like drew but i think he is limited.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's funny how many have talked about the changing if the game. How the back to ther hoop center is gone the way of the dinosaurs. It's a face up, shooting, athletic, open court game now. We get a guy that fits this perfectly and all of a sudden we need the old school guy again. the rockets are playing with a 6'6"guy at center.
    But let's be real. We all know why pop won't bring him up and play him....
    "he dunks it way too much. A nice easy lay up is all I want"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ok but actually we play gay at the five, i talk about the actual situation and i think it's better to have metu than gay at the five or eubanks. It's not that i don't like drew but i think he is limited.
    We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. Metu and Gay are about the same height, 6'9", but Gay is much bigger and stronger. Eubanks is also stronger, and equipped to at least bang and be physical with Valaciunus, DeAndre, and Drummond. Metu is really like a 3.5, a combo forward, and is in NO WAY equipped to play center.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. Metu and Gay are about the same height, 6'9", but Gay is much bigger and stronger. Eubanks is also stronger, and equipped to at least bang and be physical with Valaciunus, DeAndre, and Drummond. Metu is really like a 3.5, a combo forward, and is in NO WAY equipped to play center.
    i'm ok for the five, it's a detail but he is a inch taller than gay. But let play him a little bit at the four, he had some good games in g league and he will give us some athletism we need badly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would like to see SA lock Lawson down for the summer. Sogn him to a one-and-one with no guaranteed money next year, or promote Eubanks and get Lawson to take that two-way spot. I don't have tremendously high hopes for him in the NBA, but I liked him a lot going into his last year in college, and he's played well enough in Austin to warrant a bit more investment. They should have gone after Porter, but can't do anything about that now.

Thread Information