Page 81 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3171777879808182838485 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 2148
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Metu needs NBA minutes ASAP. He's got the complete package.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where are the ing re s who were going on and on about Luka's " ty career"?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Metu was 8-9 , 2-3 from the field scored 18 in the first quarter and they kind of went away from him. Seemed they were force feeding Luka. Confidence builder game because he had played like complete the last 3 or 4 games? Dumno?

I won't blame that on the loss, the whole team was over doubling and pressuring the ball handlers.

Poor defensive Focus all around
    Last edited by TheDrewShow; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:48 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Luka did score did get Rebounds he did take shots.

but he was 1-4 from 3 pt line

Quinndary was hot early with the 3's and faded late. I thought he forced those shots late in the game. I don't know if that was by design. Metu was pretty accurate early, but i don't think he took a shot the entire second half.

Luka Fans, he took the most shots, got the most minutes..... I don't think they were impactful IMHO. Don't know if Keldon and Metu were used sparingly because they had just flown back from Phoenix(probably commercial) After being with the big boys the last six or seven days or because Coach thought Luka needed a confidence Builder because of his poor performances the last few games.

Oklahoma was hot, and they did hustle but have not been the best of teams in the G League this year.

Again the team as a whole was very JUMPY on double and triple teams. Matt Bonner mentions time and time again in the 4th quarter that this was happening when they should play straight up D. The pressure D just caused a bunch of fouls and put Oklahoma in the Bonus.
    Last edited by TheDrewShow; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:49 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watched the game, and now understand why Samanic hasnít sniffed the big club yet. He is SO ING LAZY on defense. Multiple times last night OKC would get a rebound, and get out on the break, and he literally jogs down the court so slowly that he couldnít even contest a trailing three point attempt. Heíll have to clean that up.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watched the game, and now understand why Samanic hasn’t sniffed the big club yet. He is SO ING LAZY on defense. Multiple times last night OKC would get a rebound, and get out on the break, and he literally jogs down the court so slowly that he couldn’t even contest a trailing three point attempt. He’ll have to clean that up.
    I actually went to the game last night and Luka's motor is awful.

If he played as hard as Keldon or even half as hard as Keldon or Eubanks he could've dominated this game . He gave very little effort on anything outside of his immediate area around him last night. He closed out on shooters half assed, didn't box out much, and didn't really hustle back on defense if OKC tried to push the pace after getting a defensive stop

Metu out of all the players at shoot around seems to have a routine and takes it serious. He went to certain areas on the court and practiced certain shots seriously for a numerous amount of attempts then would go to another area and do the same. His shooting form looks really smooth and consistent also. He played around a little bit in the layup lines and shoot around but overall he was mostly very serious and concise

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    High hopes for Luka. Davis bertans with a post up game and higher iq.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    High hopes for Luka. Davis bertans with a post up game and higher iq.
    I hope so also.

I will say this though, Davis always played hard and hustled. You could tell from the jump that Davis loves basketball and competing but Luka from the scouting reports, watching on television and seeing live just doesn't seem to have that fire or passion for the sport.

Luka has the athletic ability, body type, and shooting stroke to be a really good player and way better than Bertans but that's only if he really gives a damn about the game and tries to improve or give his all when he is on the court.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not worried about Luka as Metu played pretty bad last year in G League which is why it takes some players one to three years to be ready for NBA when drafted.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope so also.

I will say this though, Davis always played hard and hustled. You could tell from the jump that Davis loves basketball and competing but Luka from the scouting reports, watching on television and seeing live just doesn't seem to have that fire or passion for the sport.

Luka has the athletic ability, body type, and shooting stroke to be a really good player and way better than Bertans but that's only if he really gives a damn about the game and tries to improve or give his all when he is on the court.
    He just turned 20 years old. Hope the coaching staff gets him to learn work ethic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If he played as hard as Keldon or even half as hard as Keldon or Eubanks he could've dominated this game . He gave very little effort on anything outside of his immediate area around him last night. He closed out on shooters half assed, didn't box out much, and didn't really hustle back on defense if OKC tried to push the pace after getting a defensive stop

Metu out of all the players at shoot around seems to have a routine and takes it serious. He went to certain areas on the court and practiced certain shots seriously for a numerous amount of attempts then would go to another area and do the same. His shooting form looks really smooth and consistent also. He played around a little bit in the layup lines and shoot around but overall he was mostly very serious and concise
    Your observation on why he didn't get any shots in the second half even though he was scorching 8-9 with 18 pts in the first? Was he calling for the shot, did you notice anything on the sidelines?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He just turned 20 years old. Hope the coaching staff gets him to learn work ethic.

Was Keldon just BORN with that fire that seems to influence everybody else except Luka. When Luka had that dunk early Keldon was the wen CRAZY in support. I've not seen that all year of luka when others are doing it. I was watching a seminar Popovich did sometime after 2014, he said "They are what they are". Coaches can't change the type of person a player is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not worried about Luka as Metu played pretty bad last year in G League which is why it takes some players one to three years to be ready for NBA when drafted.
    It's not that he's screwing up plays, or playing badly. He just doesn't seem to GAF. He knows how to play. You can tell when the ball is in his hands. He's got all of the tools. He just only really seems to come to life when the ball is in his hands. The thing is, he'll never be a #1 option in the NBA. He needs to play well without the ball, or he'll bust out and wind up back in Europe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Metu looked lost at the beginning of this year. I don't know what got into him. Some people have asked if he's worked with Duncan. I don't know, but he just took some giant steps forward.

Nobody has said much about Spoon tonight, but he's looking like he should catch on an NBA club, whether it's the Spurs or somewhere else.
    He needs to tighten up his 3 ball a bit, but he looks to be an NBA roster player. Oh, SA drafted him, so, barring a release or trade, it will be SA. He's a dog on defense, so I can see him catching on next year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He needs to tighten up his 3 ball a bit, but he looks to be an NBA roster player. Oh, SA drafted him, so, barring a release or trade, it will be SA. He's a dog on defense, so I can see him catching on next year.
    Pascal Siakam comparables

https://www.basketball-reference.com...siakapa01.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not that he's screwing up plays, or playing badly. He just doesn't seem to GAF. He knows how to play. You can tell when the ball is in his hands. He's got all of the tools. He just only really seems to come to life when the ball is in his hands. The thing is, he'll never be a #1 option in the NBA. He needs to play well without the ball, or he'll bust out and wind up back in Europe.
    This was a concern voiced by some pre draft. He definitely has the tools to be really good. Hopefully it's just a bit of 20 year old angst/pouting.
    I remember Becky in summer league mention he has talent and after him about not slacking off- I'll see if I can find it. (found it see below)
    In the other hand- I wonder how Keldon's game will translate to the bigs.

Becky Hammon, on Spurs' first-round rookie Luka Samanic: "Weíre going to stay on him. Thereís times where he has these 'ooo-ahh' moments. Thereís other times you have to remember heís 19."
    Last edited by Maddog; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:53 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Trey? Don't think so....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm very high on Metu. He looks like he has put it together and really has no holes in his game at all. The comparisons to an early Siakam are definitely not far fetched.

Luka's effort has always been his main issue. I think Pop can make him change, but then again I don't want Pop as a coach. We just gotta see how he develops

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm very high on Metu. He looks like he has put it together and really has no holes in his game at all. The comparisons to an early Siakam are definitely not far fetched.

Luka's effort has always been his main issue. I think Pop can make him change, but then again I don't want Pop as a coach. We just gotta see how he develops
    However, he wasn't that good as part of the Nigerian NT. I don't think they had any NBA players.

It's taking him some time to become ready. But maybe Lonnie playing in the NBA is getting him motivated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chim looks like a different player compared to last year.

How's his rim protection / help defense?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We talk about getting over yourself a lot on this board game and I think it kinda pertains to Metu. When he got signed you could tell he wasn’t happy not getting any minutes with the big boys and when he played in G League he was like a black whole on offense would not pass at all. I think being around the Big team this year more and him still getting playing time in G League and getting a few minutes with big team has helped him I also wonder how much Timmy is spending with him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We talk about getting over yourself a lot on this board game and I think it kinda pertains to Metu. When he got signed you could tell he wasn’t happy not getting any minutes with the big boys and when he played in G League he was like a black whole on offense would not pass at all. I think being around the Big team this year more and him still getting playing time in G League and getting a few minutes with big team has helped him I also wonder how much Timmy is spending with him.
    His stats have improved from last year. https://www.basketball-reference.com...metuch01d.html

Most notable is 3pt at 40% and 2pt at 59%. That's good numbers. Only slight increase in ppg at 16.

Samanic's numbers look bad.

Johnson's number look good except for .23 shooting from 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Metu needs some burn. Real minutes outside of garbage time (which the Spurs rarely get anyways). He'd be miles better than Demar or Marco at 4 which Pop loves to go to. It's actually funny seeing all the young players the Spurs have to develop, then watching Pop trot out the same fixed, vet-heavy lineups in the main team. Can't wait for Becky to take the helm next year.

Thread Information