San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m really excited on Kyler. Swat machine who can hit long, and he already has more moves than Poeltl and Eubanks combined. He needs to put in a little weight though.
    Forget Austin contracts, I’m not even excited about our two ways. Maybe, just maybe Q makes the squad next year if Patty isn’t re-signed and we don’t draft a guard with either of our picks next year. I think KBD was a stop gap cheap signing to fill the roster. He’s 25, and hasn’t really shown anything that says I am an NBA player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forget Austin contracts, I’m not even excited about our two ways. Maybe, just maybe Q makes the squad next year if Patty isn’t re-signed and we don’t draft a guard with either of our picks next year. I think KBD was a stop gap cheap signing to fill the roster. He’s 25, and hasn’t really shown anything that says I am an NBA player.
    Not going for Tyrese Haliburton last year is a sign to me that theyre doubling down on our current guards and likely won't go for a guard this coming draft either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone watch this scrimmage? How did Luka and Tre do?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the spurs cant sign anyone from the G league unless they trade away salary correct? so less upside then usual for this squad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the spurs cant sign anyone from the G league unless they trade away salary correct? so less upside then usual for this squad.
    I doubt you’ll see many up and down transactions from the Gubble. If you bring someone up, you almost can’t send them back down since the re-quarantine would take a huge chunk of the less than 30 day, 15 game season. I can’t really see any teams bringing players up for any reason other than injury coverage.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt you’ll see many up and down transactions from the Gubble. If you bring someone up, you almost can’t send them back down since the re-quarantine would take a huge chunk of the less than 30 day, 15 game season. I can’t really see any teams bringing players up for any reason other than injury coverage.
    No offense, but I really hope this name doesn't stick. Sounds like it would be sponsored by Nickelodeon, not Gatorade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No offense, but I really hope this name doesn't stick. Sounds like it would be sponsored by Nickelodeon, not Gatorade.
    Not my nomenclature, so no offense taken. Gubble is easier than g-league Bubble.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Hit em with the euro, Luka

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Could he end up dominating Gleague? Crosses fingers..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If he does then he's probably our 4 next year and we don't go after one of the rfa guys.... that would be a great outcome...I hope we see it..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I hope he does. The kid has skills and higher bball IQ. He's not like Metu. It's a matter of getting confidence, and maybe getting his body stronger and get him even stronger.

Luka could very well be Aldridge's replacement at 4/5 if he pans out. Keeping my fingers crossed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope he does. The kid has skills and higher bball IQ. He's not like Metu. It's a matter of getting confidence, and maybe getting his body stronger and get him even stronger.

Luka could very well be Aldridge's replacement at 4/5 if he pans out. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    Bro, look at the way he's holding #43 in the clip. That's a clear foul Luka's doing a MMA move on the guy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wednesday's game is on ESPN+.. Uggghh I really don't want to pay for this bull . The things I do as a Spurs fan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka's dunk off the dribble hand off/screen - he rolls to the three point line, he doesn't look like he's expecting anything. Is he set for a catch and shoot 3, is he ready to catch and drive? I don't think confidence is his problem. In his head, he should be getting minutes now. It's URGENCY! There is no pride in the details. He's got all the talent in the world! His talent is worthy of NBA minutes, but talent isn't enough. Every sport comes down to talented individuals executing better than their opponent. Is there urgency to get the details executed properly to help yourself and your team win? That is my question with Luka.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes I think he dominates the G-League, and Tre is the best thing that could happen to him. Tre will find him, and will be coaching him as a PG does his big man. Tre will highlight Luka's skills.

I sincerely think Luka completes a big missing piece if he pan's out. Let's go Luka!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bro, look at the way he's holding #43 in the clip. That's a clear foul Luka's doing a MMA move on the guy
    Yeah, that boxing-out (or judo-out ) technique ain't gonna fly in the NBA. Still, minor details in the face of surprisingly good highlights from the scrimmage. Any way to catch the Gubble (lol) games like Facebook-watching Austin last season, my guy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, that boxing-out (or judo-out ) technique ain't gonna fly in the NBA. Still, minor details in the face of surprisingly good highlights from the scrimmage. Any way to catch the Gubble (lol) games like Facebook-watching Austin last season, my guy?
    Following

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka's dunk off the dribble hand off/screen - he rolls to the three point line, he doesn't look like he's expecting anything. Is he set for a catch and shoot 3, is he ready to catch and drive? I don't think confidence is his problem. In his head, he should be getting minutes now. It's URGENCY! There is no pride in the details. He's got all the talent in the world! His talent is worthy of NBA minutes, but talent isn't enough. Every sport comes down to talented individuals executing better than their opponent. Is there urgency to get the details executed properly to help yourself and your team win? That is my question with Luka.
    I'm always wary of making too many assumptions on my own perception of what their "effort" looks like. To me, he looks really comfortable in those clips, like the game is slowed down for him against lesser compe ion. He's not out of control on the drive, taking long strides and finishing through contact. I think you're reaching. I don't need the guy to go full sprint on the first step if the lane is open and he knows he can finish through the help defender if/when it comes. His shooting stroke is also very..... lax? He sneaks up on how quickly he can catch and shoot and I think that's part of what has made him dangerous at times in the gleague.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

3 Defenders sent to protect the paint on his drive, lane to the hoop gets cut off by the big, Lin comes for double from his blindside, he sees the help defense in the passing lane to his right, makes a fantastic baseline pivot, knows exactly where is man is coming from, protects the ball with his body to keep it away from Lin, makes a perfect pass over to the corner for the 3.

fundamental basketball that will translate at any level

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kid has an elite offensive skillset. It’s defense and rebounding that he needs to work on. He definitely has to dominate in the G-League if he wants minutes with the big squad. Like completely dominate in the bubble, not no 20 point games

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kid has an elite offensive skillset. It’s defense and rebounding that he needs to work on. He definitely has to dominate in the G-League if he wants minutes with the big squad. Like completely dominate in the bubble, not no 20 point games
    Luka averaged almost 8 boards in the gleague, playing about 29 minutes. He’s not shy or ineffective on the glass.

Thread Information