Page 89 of 128 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 3198
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Highlight reel. Never fall in love with them. He had some non-effort, too.

More athletic? He’s ing 6’10” and has a 38” vert. To put that into perspective, Kawhi’s Max vert was 28”, and no one complained about HIS athleticism. Lonnie is like6’4”, and his max vert is 40”. People think he’s crazy athletic.
    Right, I'm sure he still had issues with his efficiency, effort and focus but we need that type of game desperately (or eventually) on this team.

No, I meant more athletic than younger Gallinari (but a poor man's version of his game) not that he needs to become more athletic. Like you pointed out he's already plenty athletic & that is what stands out about him.

His first step is extremely impressive and he can jump out the gym for a 6'10 or 6'11 guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Samanic has great horizontal fluidity. You can see what the FO liked in him. Not sure he has much vertically, but that can be worked with.

Tre comes in with good defensive and team-running capabilities. If anything this era's shown us, it's that players can learn how to shoot. His brother already is pretty good in that regard. Teaching defense is hard, teaching to run a team is extremely difficult.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love Tre's savviness, he looks more advanced than expected at his age and his finishing in traffic is surprisingly good, however he really needs a jump shot. Don't think he hit a single one in this game.

Luka continues to flash that potential. It'll be so frustrating if he can't put it all together, because his shot looks so effortless and his ability to drive from the perimeter is so rare for someone who's near 7 feet tall. His struggles seem to be mental, the skills are all there.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Next year will be the year for Luka to show what’s he’s got, with LaMarcus moving on (not to mention he’s playing for an extension). He looks comfortable out there, which leads me to believe that it’s largely mental for him when he’s on the big team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In projecting the '18 draft, I didn't think Walker would be available at 18 and viewed Thomas as a potential candidate. He battled injuries over 2 seasons with the Pistons, but I'm still intrigued and ironically think he has a chance to be something of a Walker replacement in the future.

Jones can't be a Mills replacement because this team can't afford to sacrifice any more 3-point shooting.

My post isn't referring to Tre...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking at the condense game Luka seems to have a chance of being our big with inside and outside threat. However his defense still requires a lot of work, seen a few occassion he either help too early leaving his guy wide open at the rim or he just stand there looking at guards run to the rim unoppose failing to provide help defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Athletically and size-wise, he was a standout but feel for the game is just not there. I watched about half the game which were his least productive parts of the game. His screens seems to hinder movement more than create it and he mainly rolled directly to a very predictable part of the 3 point line where when he got it, the ball stopped and clanked a lot of stagnant 3-pointers. His drives to the rim were constantly being knocked out of his hand or thrown up without patience/finesse/or physicality. Defense was average. Was relatively active but seems to get easily drawn into fouls by quicker guards (very worrying for his type of game). Looks like his skill and size allows him some great spurts just like the first quarter and the last 3 minutes of the game. Hopefully his feel for the game and chemistry with Tre increases for the season. If anything, Tre Jones for the opportunity to play with Luka is a great opportunity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone have a link to a live feed for tonight's game?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kylor kelly
    3 blocks in 9 minutes

And 4 fouls, 2 TO, 4 points, 2 rebounds

That's a lot of.... activity for 9 minutes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kylor kelly
    3 blocks in 9 minutes

And 4 fouls, 2 TO, 4 points, 2 rebounds

That's a lot of.... activity for 9 minutes
    Honestly, he looked good out there. Coach took him out due to mismatches. I think he was a little too handsy and tried to do too much at times. He's quick for a player that size.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd try this . . .

To Hawks: Gordon, Bacon
    To Magic: DeRozan, Walker IV, Snell
    To Spurs: Collins, Fournier, Ennis III

Works as of February 23rd, when both Ennis III and Bacon become eligible.

Then immediately reroute Fournier for either draft capital or an inexpensive, controllable young player.

My post isn't referring to Tre...
    I know you were referring to Woodard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This Luka knee jerk post 1 game react is typical of spurms talk fake "part time Basketball scouts" Full time Grader(nice gimmick)

Talks of "lack verticality" when a guy is 6-11 standing reach of 8-11 and a Vert of 30+ inches(38) meaning when he jumps his head is at the RIM....
    I get it... EYE TESTERS not gonna give this white boy's hops cred until he does a Tom Champersesq donk "IN A NBA GAME"

The other chuckle I got was a dude ing about lukas DFENSE after a game where he got 15 defensive rebounds...... LOL WTF? Keep me laughing bolded donks, eye testers, and fake scouts.........

My grade is D+ for B ball takes and A++ with stars and hearts and glitter for Chuckles.... lol
    Drew, you watched last year's g league team. Are you keeping up with this year's? I loved your input from last year about Keldon, Luka, and Q. If you're watching the g league this year, I would love to hear your thoughts on the players. It's usually a very good read because you give a great account of what you saw and you have a good basketball eye. Thanks, man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m excited about tonight’s game. I hope Luka, Trey and the guys build on their comeback victory.

I’m really rooting for Luka to pan out because he has an extremely interesting skill set to build off of

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m excited about tonight’s game. I hope Luka, Trey and the guys build on their comeback victory.

I’m really rooting for Luka to pan out because he has an extremely interesting skill set to build off of
    Same. We're all begging for fast results but if Samanic ever gets it together, he would be a lethal offensive weapon.

If we all think about DJ and what he flashed during his first two years, it was extremely raw and you really didn't know what he would give you offensively besides acrobatic layups. With Samanic, we kind of know: 3s and explosive driving ability. At his size, that's a unicorn.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Couple of questions what position do you see him getting major minutes he is 6’11+ so is he a full time PF or does Pop play him at Center and PF?

If he does play PF do you think Poodle is a good fit at Center or do you think we need someone with different skill sets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Couple of questions what position do you see him getting major minutes he is 6’11+ so is he a full time PF or does Pop play him at Center and PF?

If he does play PF do you think Poodle is a good fit at Center or do you think we need someone with different skill sets.
    I see him as a full time PF in the NBA, but if his effort and rotations are not there then he looks like a C. I'm excited to watch tonight and see if he improves upon moving around the court a bit more, being attentive on weakside help, and boxing out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Samanic is severely underrated on this board. Yes he has some flaws, but he also has a far more developed skillset than most players at his age

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Samanic is severely underrated on this board. Yes he has some flaws, but he also has a far more developed skillset than most players at his age
    Too bad instead of a man among boys he still has that boy among men thing going on in the NBA. Hopefully that changes with experience and maturity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too bad instead of a man among boys he still has that boy among men thing going on in the NBA. Hopefully that changes with experience and maturity.
    Next season Pop should give him the treatment that he gave Lonnie last season. Then we can judge. He should absolutely be able to crack the rotation and come off the bench in year 3

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ideally, he's a PF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not sure I’ve seen anyone underrate his skill set or physical tools. He’ll make it, or not, depending on what’s between his ears.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stream, please.

The free kind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So who is watching this live? I have to wait a couple hours...ugh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If anyone watched Tre yesterday, you may have noticed he looks at the ground a lot. It was something that caught my eye. Watch this video.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh yeah! Mine is working live. ragas check your ESPN+ right now dude

Thread Information