Page 74 of 128 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 3198
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Metu looked lost at the beginning of this year. I don't know what got into him. Some people have asked if he's worked with Duncan. I don't know, but he just took some giant steps forward.

Nobody has said much about Spoon tonight, but he's looking like he should catch on an NBA club, whether it's the Spurs or somewhere else.
    He needs to tighten up his 3 ball a bit, but he looks to be an NBA roster player. Oh, SA drafted him, so, barring a release or trade, it will be SA. He's a dog on defense, so I can see him catching on next year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He needs to tighten up his 3 ball a bit, but he looks to be an NBA roster player. Oh, SA drafted him, so, barring a release or trade, it will be SA. He's a dog on defense, so I can see him catching on next year.
    Pascal Siakam comparables

https://www.basketball-reference.com...siakapa01.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not that he's screwing up plays, or playing badly. He just doesn't seem to GAF. He knows how to play. You can tell when the ball is in his hands. He's got all of the tools. He just only really seems to come to life when the ball is in his hands. The thing is, he'll never be a #1 option in the NBA. He needs to play well without the ball, or he'll bust out and wind up back in Europe.
    This was a concern voiced by some pre draft. He definitely has the tools to be really good. Hopefully it's just a bit of 20 year old angst/pouting.
    I remember Becky in summer league mention he has talent and after him about not slacking off- I'll see if I can find it. (found it see below)
    In the other hand- I wonder how Keldon's game will translate to the bigs.

Becky Hammon, on Spurs' first-round rookie Luka Samanic: "We’re going to stay on him. There’s times where he has these 'ooo-ahh' moments. There’s other times you have to remember he’s 19."
    Last edited by Maddog; 01-22-2020 at 10:53 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually went to the game last night and Luka's motor is awful.

If he played as hard as Keldon or even half as hard as Keldon or Eubanks he could've dominated this game . He gave very little effort on anything outside of his immediate area around him last night. He closed out on shooters half assed, didn't box out much, and didn't really hustle back on defense if OKC tried to push the pace after getting a defensive stop

Metu out of all the players at shoot around seems to have a routine and takes it serious. He went to certain areas on the court and practiced certain shots seriously for a numerous amount of attempts then would go to another area and do the same. His shooting form looks really smooth and consistent also. He played around a little bit in the layup lines and shoot around but overall he was mostly very serious and concise
    I'm very high on Metu. He looks like he has put it together and really has no holes in his game at all. The comparisons to an early Siakam are definitely not far fetched.

Luka's effort has always been his main issue. I think Pop can make him change, but then again I don't want Pop as a coach. We just gotta see how he develops

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm very high on Metu. He looks like he has put it together and really has no holes in his game at all. The comparisons to an early Siakam are definitely not far fetched.

Luka's effort has always been his main issue. I think Pop can make him change, but then again I don't want Pop as a coach. We just gotta see how he develops
    However, he wasn't that good as part of the Nigerian NT. I don't think they had any NBA players.

It's taking him some time to become ready. But maybe Lonnie playing in the NBA is getting him motivated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chim looks like a different player compared to last year.

How's his rim protection / help defense?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We talk about getting over yourself a lot on this board game and I think it kinda pertains to Metu. When he got signed you could tell he wasn’t happy not getting any minutes with the big boys and when he played in G League he was like a black whole on offense would not pass at all. I think being around the Big team this year more and him still getting playing time in G League and getting a few minutes with big team has helped him I also wonder how much Timmy is spending with him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We talk about getting over yourself a lot on this board game and I think it kinda pertains to Metu. When he got signed you could tell he wasn’t happy not getting any minutes with the big boys and when he played in G League he was like a black whole on offense would not pass at all. I think being around the Big team this year more and him still getting playing time in G League and getting a few minutes with big team has helped him I also wonder how much Timmy is spending with him.
    His stats have improved from last year. https://www.basketball-reference.com...metuch01d.html

Most notable is 3pt at 40% and 2pt at 59%. That's good numbers. Only slight increase in ppg at 16.

Samanic's numbers look bad.

Johnson's number look good except for .23 shooting from 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Metu needs some burn. Real minutes outside of garbage time (which the Spurs rarely get anyways). He'd be miles better than Demar or Marco at 4 which Pop loves to go to. It's actually funny seeing all the young players the Spurs have to develop, then watching Pop trot out the same fixed, vet-heavy lineups in the main team. Can't wait for Becky to take the helm next year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Metu needs some burn. Real minutes outside of garbage time (which the Spurs rarely get anyways). He'd be miles better than Demar or Marco at 4 which Pop loves to go to. It's actually funny seeing all the young players the Spurs have to develop, then watching Pop trot out the same fixed, vet-heavy lineups in the main team. Can't wait for Becky to take the helm next year.
    You have to wonder why they don't play Metu while Gay is injured. Doesn't he play the same position?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really think metu can play a little Bit, he looks way better than last year.

For ceperez the answer is pop and beli.

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Metu too me is a poor mans paskal Siakam, and when he finally gets a chance, the fans will see it. Of course it will likely be in his final contract year, and then he will leave for a bigger payday. The Spurs have addressed their guards of the future, and the forward and centers are still unknown. Time to let Metu loose. He has to have more upside than Lyles, and Gay is not the future at all.-Captain Obvious!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The main reason I want to see Metu play is his defense and shot-blocking ability. This team needs all the defense it can get and I think he can replace a player who averages 5 points per game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm excited about the potential of the Spurs in Austin-
    But a word of caution

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_G_...e_Player_Award

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your observation on why he didn't get any shots in the second half even though he was scorching 8-9 with 18 pts in the first? Was he calling for the shot, did you notice anything on the sidelines?
    he wasn’t too aggressive if he wasn’t actually involved in the play on offense in the game I seen live. Quindary was pretty aggressive in the 2nd half and almost brought the team back.

Luka did take a couple of corner 3’s in the 4th quarter when the team was trying to make a comeback.

Luka overall and especially on defense needs to be more aggressive. Offensively I’ve seen Watching some replays that he can be aggressive but to a fault. He has to figure out a go to move and counter and work hard on those I feel. Sometimes he tries to do a bit too much offensively but defensively he doesn’t give as great an effort.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The main reason I want to see Metu play is his defense and shot-blocking ability. This team needs all the defense it can get and I think he can replace a player who averages 5 points per game
    I agree here. Metu has enough talent and skill to replace Lyles.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Austin Spurs

POS MIN FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A +/- OREB DREB REB AST PF STL TO BS BA PTS
    Keldon
    Johnson

SF 29 6-17 2-7 0-0 -19 1 5 6 2 1 1 1 0 1 14
    Daulton
    Hommes

PF 21 1-1 1-1 2-2 0 1 2 3 0 2 2 1 0 0 5
    Luka
    Samanic

C 26 5-10 2-3 1-2 -11 1 7 8 0 4 2 4 2 0 14
    Quinndary
    Weatherspoon

SG 30 4-10 0-3 1-2 -21 0 1 1 5 2 3 2 1 0 9
    Angel
    Rodriguez

PG 25 4-6 1-2 2-3 -22 0 1 1 6 3 1 5 2 0 12
    Dedric
    Lawson

26 7-12 0-5 1-2 -17 3 5 8 2 2 2 3 0 0 15
    Jeff
    Ledbetter

17 1-6 1-6 0-0 3 0 1 1 2 2 1 0 0 1 3
    Kenny
    Williams

15 2-7 2-4 0-0 3 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 6
    Galen
    Robinson Jr.

16 6-9 0-0 1-1 10 2 0 2 3 3 2 5 0 1 14
    Kavion
    Pippen

17 6-8 0-0 2-2 11 4 2 6 0 3 0 2 0 0 15
    Jordan
    Green

10 0-0 0-0 1-1 8 0 1 1 2 1 1 0 1 0 2
    Tevin
    King

2 0-0 0-0 0-0 5 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Drew
    Eubanks

DNP - Inactive
    Total
    - - 42-86 9-31 11-15 - 12 26 38 23 23 15 24 6 3 109
    Percentages
    49% 29% 73%

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like Metu will be on the main squad replacing Carroll for the time being.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How's Kavion Pippen looking? The kid is tall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs playing again tonight.

https://gleague.nba.com/games/20200127/AUSMHU/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least 5 of Luka's shots this game were uncontested bunnies to the glass. Safe to say he's not getting many of those in the NBA. But he's moving smoother and that shooting stroke looks good. As for Keldon, he should be practicing his shots more during GL games but it's great to see the aggressiveness that he has when attacking the rim and finishing. Nobody on the Spurs has that fire except for DeRozan when he's not ing about calls. Hopefully we blow it up soon and bring him over... I'd like to see what he can really do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    def missing the Big men who are up with the big boy club.

Keldon and Luka apparently don't play well together. Luka early Keldon Late. Would have been nice if they both were clicking at the same time

Weatherspoon had one of his worst games I've witnessed.

won points paint won rebounds assist

lost 3 point line just like the big boy club does on the regular...

made six to Memphis 11
    Agree to disagree. Keldon found Luka inside multple times during his drives. I think they have a good 2 man play. Luka needs to learn how to pick and pop when Keldon drives and we have a "big 2" lmao

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least 5 of Luka's shots this game were uncontested bunnies to the glass. Safe to say he's not getting many of those in the NBA. But he's moving smoother and that shooting stroke looks good. As for Keldon, he should be practicing his shots more during GL games but it's great to see the aggressiveness that he has when attacking the rim and finishing. Nobody on the Spurs has that fire except for DeRozan when he's not ing about calls. Hopefully we blow it up soon and bring him over... I'd like to see what he can really do.
    Geez you guys look for anything to complain about.

Thread Information