Page 114 of 128 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124 ... LastLast
Results 2,826 to 2,850 of 3198
    Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For sure Spurs is thin on the SF/Wing position that Renfro can address. I was hoping that he wouldn't play today and on his way to the big team.
    Probably focusing on Luka, who is the priority.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought maybe Khyri Thomas was going to get a 10-Day, has NBA experience and hasn't been playing for Austin in awhile. Perhaps injured.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO, it's not happening at all if it doesn't happen today. Maybe the Spurs look at a vet.
    I actually see teams waiting to fill roster spots until after the trade deadline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually see teams waiting to fill roster spots until after the trade deadline.
    10-days wouldn't affect that, though. Not only would they run out before then, but that's the kind of contract you waive without a second thought if you need a spot.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Renfro is already 24.

Upside is limited. If you want him for his defense and bbiq, fine, but don't oversell his offensive game.

A liability on offense is still a liability." Said June Jive.

Your response as follows.
    Except you never watched any of these g-league games, but thank you for your contribution. ing hate idiots who talk out of their ass.
    Dude , ease up. Its a message board with people's thouhts and views. Just because you dominate the conversation doesnt make you the all knowing, never to be challenged god of Spurs basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Renfro is already 24.

Upside is limited. If you want him for his defense and bbiq, fine, but don't oversell his offensive game.

A liability on offense is still a liability." Said June Jive.

Your response as follows.

Dude , ease up. Its a message board with people's thouhts and views. Just because you dominate the conversation doesnt make you the all knowing, never to be challenged god of Spurs basketball.
    I'm often challenged and I welcome differing opinions. So thanks for that, random guy. It's when people spout lies and have ignorant takes without proper research that ticks me off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm often challenged and I welcome differing opinions. So thanks for that, random guy. It's when people spout lies and have ignorant takes without proper research that ticks me off.
    Lies? Ignorant takes? Proper research?

You've watched him this season, just like the rest of us.
    I think I've been pretty objective in regards to Renfro.
    Feel free to pick apart anything I said.

btw you and your high horse.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just like I said . You have to get your little dig in there. Excuse me if I don't have 6400 posts on a message board .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lies? Ignorant takes? Proper research?

You've watched him this season, just like the rest of us.
    I think I've been pretty objective in regards to Renfro.
    Feel free to pick apart anything I said.

btw you and your high horse.
    Nah you and your boyfriend coming to your rescue

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL dude. Get help.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL dude. Get help.
    Not sure why you feel the need to go back and forth with me. Buzz off, idiot.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can’t We All Just Get Along

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Renfro is 24, Jonathon Simmons was 26 when he joined the main team. I don't get what the problem is. One offseason working on his 3-ball and he should be good to go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Renfro is 24, Jonathon Simmons was 26 when he joined the main team. I don't get what the problem is. One offseason working on his 3-ball and he should be good to go.
    He literally does everything else on the court other than shoot with accuracy. He created a basket for a teammate off the bounce in the game today. Anyone that equates a questionable shot with ‘no offense’ is on crack.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure why you feel the need to go back and forth with me. Buzz off, idiot.
    Because its fun. You can initiate the insults but can't even take a little gentle ribbing in return. Actually, I like Renfro. He's a longshot but is an interesting project due of course to his athleticism and length and defensive prowess. His story and path to here and style of play makes you want to root for him to succeed. I think by whatever means is available he is worth taking a chance on to see if his strengths translate to an NBA level..(Replace Diop or 10 day?) However, he is 24 and his clock for development is ticking. Peace dude.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because its fun. You can initiate the insults but can't even take a little gentle ribbing in return. Actually, I like Renfro. He's a longshot but is an interesting project due of course to his athleticism and length and defensive prowess. His story and path to here and style of play makes you want to root for him to succeed. I think by whatever means is available he is worth taking a chance on to see if his strengths translate to an NBA level..(Replace Diop or 10 day?) However, he is 24 and his clock for development is ticking. Peace dude.
    I like Renfro too and on the contrary of what people may believe from my constant support for him, I would be quick to move on and I welcome the reality that he may not be what the Spurs are looking for. His game is 'fresh air' considering what we've seen from the main team for years. I'm one to always root for the underdog, the diamond in the rough, the not-so-obvious needle in the hay sack type player. It's what made me love the Spurs in the first place, and I want to see them do it again with Renfro. And I'd readily admit there's also that self-fulfilment too, when as a fan, you set your eyes on someone before anyone else and end up being right about them. I take joy in that, and I'm definitely wrong a lot of times, but when I latch onto someone I truly believe will be good, you best believe I'm going to want to hear legitimate, well-researched arguments why they won't make it. To me, that's what being a fan is all about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The strain on the offense with a non-shooter in the lineup cannot be ignored.

Sure, he does other things well, and with his smarts he can find useful ways to contribute but in the end he's a liability if he is without that crucial skill.

Of course, he can improve and I wish him the best, but as he stands and imho, projects, I don't see a roster-worthy player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sure, he does other things well, and with his smarts he can find useful ways to contribute but in the end he's a liability if he is without that crucial skill.

Of course, he can improve and I wish him the best, but as he stands and imho, projects, I don't see a roster-worthy player.
    We play every night with a non shooter in the starting lineup.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Renfro too and on the contrary of what people may believe from my constant support for him, I would be quick to move on and I welcome the reality that he may not be what the Spurs are looking for. His game is 'fresh air' considering what we've seen from the main team for years. I'm one to always root for the underdog, the diamond in the rough, the not-so-obvious needle in the hay sack type player. It's what made me love the Spurs in the first place, and I want to see them do it again with Renfro. And I'd readily admit there's also that self-fulfilment too, when as a fan, you set your eyes on someone before anyone else and end up being right about them. I take joy in that, and I'm definitely wrong a lot of times, but when I latch onto someone I truly believe will be good, you best believe I'm going to want to hear legitimate, well-researched arguments why they won't make it. To me, that's what being a fan is all about.
    Like I said, I'd like to see them take a short term flyer on him in some way to see if his strengths translate to the NBA in some way. Off season could focus on other areas. The kid wants to succeed. I personally believe that Diop is wasted space or perhaps a 10 day to initiate the process of NBA level evaluation and go forward one way or another from there.
    The whole farm club thing has obviously opened up a world of opportunities for guys like Renfro and creates much interest for the fans to boot. I started watching the Spurs in an empty arena in 1973 and then enjoyed the Gervin, Silas , and Kenon years followed by Alfredrick Hughes, Loyd Daniels and later Walter Berry and then being rewarded with the le runs. You pretty much got what you saw on the court then so this G league thing is great for all of us to find that success story that doesn't follow the traditional path. He is an energy guy and there is a place for that on any team. I hope he gets a chance to see if his strengths translate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sometimes you're a great poster, sometimes you're a crap poster.
    Ah well. I'll take what I can get around these parts.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

There is a place for an athletic, instinctive, energy guy on any team. Minutes might be limited by situations and surrounding players but thats part of the equation. We've had a couple that could shoot but couldn't guard a fence post and where did that get us. Instincts and athleticism have benefits. I think there is some dead weight on the roster and would like to see him get a chance and go from there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We play every night with a non shooter in the starting lineup.
    Which gets you the #20 offense in the league.

If that isn't a strain on offense, I don't know what is.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sometimes you're a great poster, sometimes you're a crap poster.
    Ah well. I'll take what I can get around these parts.
    Well said.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which gets you the #20 offense in the league.

If that isn't a strain on offense, I don't know what is.
    Poeltl may not be ideal but I don.t believe he is the sole reason for any offensive shortcomings. There are other inconsistencies. He sets screens and has improved on rolls and around the basket. Obviously he can't be paired with other non shooters. And there is the other side of the ball called defense. Don't get me wrong , I think he would be an ideal backup or situational big but Tim Duncan or David Robinson isn't walking onto the court anytime soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think there is some dead weight on the roster and would like to see him get a chance and go from there.
    I agree that there are some spots to be had.
    His strengths can be accentuated in the right setting, Spurs being one of them, but I'd rather see a talent with no gaping holes being developed.

Thread Information