Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rip g league

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    QW is an FVV lite player and at least 10x better than Forbes at playing basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good to hear the d-leaugers will be taken care of. They don't make enough to just stop working for a while. It'll also be nice that if the season returns, the two-way guys will have unlimited call-ups for the rest of the year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks Drew much appreciated - Man still can’t believe we got Keldon at pick 29 I think that will be the steal of that draft class

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I definitely see Ledbetter having some role with the Austin Spurs when his playing days have passed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The closer the G-League gets to being a true minor league the better imo. If they can pay enough to get the best players to play there for a year instead of college it's good for the future of the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The closer the G-League gets to being a true minor league the better imo. If they can pay enough to get the best players to play there for a year instead of college it's good for the future of the league.
    Y'Know, I don't see that. This just seems like a continuation of the coddling that they get all thru AAU. There are actually some great college coaches that can teach a lot, even in one year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the SA Spurs underpeforming this season, the interesting part for me was watching to see the development of the Austin guys. Now the rona has put the development on hold. Sucks, I wish they could be getting the reps they need to move forward.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What does the team paying this $300K get? Yeah, Daishen is on the g-league team, fine. But does the NBA team that sponsors said G-league team get any rights ? (Presumably that is where the $300K is coming from- I don't think any of the G-league teams are pulling in enough to pay $300K salaries to players themselves.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What does the team paying this $300K get? Yeah, Daishen is on the g-league team, fine. But does the NBA team that sponsors said G-league team get any rights ? (Presumably that is where the $300K is coming from- I don't think any of the G-league teams are pulling in enough to pay $300K salaries to players themselves.)
    Corporate sponsorship could be it. If Nike is sponsoring the G-League Team, maybe they pay the team more to have that up and coming star on the team? IDK...

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Looks like the NBA is paying the salary. The select team is only going to play like 20 games; I guess most will be exhibitions against the other LA teams, teams on LA road trips and the showcase. the Select Team is always league run so there is no NBA team affiliation and no rights anyway since those players are going to be drafted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Austin Spurs better get ready because Vassell is coming

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have been saying Metu should get some PT as well. Most people seem to be against him but let him have some run and see what he does. He did better then Drew in Austin.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eubanks BBIQ is much higher than Metu's. Most likely Metu want be in San Antonio or Austin next season while Eubanks will be a backup PF/C after Rudy and LMA is gone after next season or during next season after Rudy and/or LMA is traded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully the last couple of games in the bubble coach Pop will let Rudy Gay and Demar DeRozan sit and he will play nothing but the young guys. Let Luka and Metu get some run

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully the last couple of games in the bubble coach Pop will let Rudy Gay and Demar DeRozan sit and he will play nothing but the young guys. Let Luka and Metu get some run
    I don;'t think he will. The Spurs definitely still have a chance to make the playoffs. If the Spurs lose today or on Tuesday, I could see Pop playing the young guys exclusively on Thursday.

Thread Information