Page 76 of 128 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 3198
    You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spoon put up good number, but I hate it that he isn't making (or shooting) more 3's than this. He dishes enough dimes, and he playes good enough D, but these days a guy like him has to be a 3P threat too. He's got the stroke, IMO, but I don't see him pushing there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dont hurt em luka

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Austin Spurs

POS MIN FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A +/- OREB DREB REB AST PF STL TO BS BA PTS
    Keldon
    Johnson

SF 35 7-13 0-4 2-6 15 2 5 7 2 3 2 2 0 1 17
    Luka
    Samanic

PF 29 6-16 4-9 1-1 9 0 4 4 1 2 1 1 0 1 18
    Chimezie
    Metu

C 32 10-12 2-2 2-4 15 1 4 5 2 2 1 3 1 0 24
    Quinndary
    Weatherspoon

SG 30 5-11 3-6 3-3 13 1 7 8 7 3 1 1 0 0 17
    Angel
    Rodriguez

PG 21 2-2 0-0 0-1 20 0 0 0 6 6 2 1 0 0 4
    Drew
    Eubanks

19 5-8 0-0 6-6 -2 2 4 6 1 3 1 1 2 0 20

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, I managed to watch the game tonight. Hadn't seen the Austin Spurs through this stretch where Metu & Keldon had been called up, so it was a bit refreshing. Arguably more fun that big boy club Spurs games tbh, at least I didn't feel like I was wasting my time watching them play only to fall apart in the 4th.

I was very impressed with Metu. He looks like a completely different player than last season - coordinated, athletic, powerful, and he's made some excellent progress on his jumper, especially long-distance. He went 2/2 from deep not including another made that didn't count because of a previously called foul, and every shot looked confident, smooth and within the offensive flow. He had 23 seemingly effortless points (team high) and I was also pleased with his defense, particularly shot-blocking instincts; they need to be polished but he's been aggresive when contesting shots, and a duo of him and Poeltl could definitely seal the rim instead of the porous defense of Forbes, Lyles and LMA that we're forced to sit through.

Luka also looked solid. With KJ & Metu back in the rotation, he didn't score as many points (18) but was still looking for his shot, going 4/9 from deep. I like that he isn't afraid to let it fly, he also had some deep tries that rimmed out a bit but it's good to see him work there. His shot motion is really quick and fluid - once he perfects it he's got the potential to be a sniper. I was not impressed with his rebounding aggressiveness and he seemed to stand around a bit at times, but as he's learning the system it's to be expected. His screen-setting was also softer than I'd expected, something I also thought of Metu (though his screens are better for now due to Metu's size advantage).

Keldon is, of the future main Spurs players, the one who needs to work the most on his shot. He had a few early misses from 3 after which he got hesitant and opted for drives, many times contested, where he's still finding ways to score that won't really be there in the big boy club. I really liked his energy otherwise, he had a couple good steals and deflections and some powerful finishes, particularly a late-game energy dunk. His energy looks contagious and something the Spurs are absolutely missing on the main roster, the fact that he's barely getting garbage time is infuriating.

Lastly, I saw a pretty good outing from 'Spoon. He filled the stat sheet going 17(5/11 FGM, 3-6 3PM)/8/7 with a steal and solid playmaking. He had some strong drives to the rim (I don't know whether the Suns' defense was particularly bland, as is usual in the GL, but a lot of our guys were easily getting layups at times) and was looking for his own shot too. He's simply better than Forbes in every single way besides a stupid % from 3 which Forbes has been awful shooting; his defensive instincts are better, he looks quicker, has a more varied scoring arsenal and better playmaking, knows how to set up his teammates, isn't a liability on the dribble. A big FU to Pop for not even caring to watch his young guys, because there's a lot of potential that he's missing out and the main club Spurs aren't going anywhere, anyways.

One thing that wasn't good about the Austin Spurs in general was closing out on shooters outside, where a few screens always seemed to leave a Suns shooter open, which they capitalized on (Suns have some pretty good shooters! Kept the game close every time the Spurs took the lead to 10+pts), but overall Austin was in control for most of the game and didn't take the foot off the gas at the end, which was honestly a refreshing sight. Oh! I forgot about Eubanks! He had 20 points but I didn't think he stood out too much, he got postered lol but otherwise had a few gorilla dunks and easy layups here and there. Fun game to have watched.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too bad Keldon can’t shoot from distance

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s why we have Chip.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Real Spurs have a game today at 4pm

https://gleague.nba.com/games/20200209/SCWAUS/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s why we have Chip.
    Nephew couldn't shoot early on either...KJ's shooting will be fine...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Side note this was the Dopest underground bootleg shirt being sold in 2007 and 2005... ME for not stopping at the Valero at Babcok and Ekhert and buying 100...
    Ah yes Obi Wan Ginobili!!! And I hear you that shirt is dope AF!!!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Having watched Keldon play, i'm starting to wonder if he's more of a 2 rather than a 3. we are full at the Sg position. While we truly do lack a true Sf.

i was wondering if we had the option to trade keldon for a guy like Saddiq bey.

Or a tyler bey.
    Last edited by B1gduff; 02-09-2020 at 01:17 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was back when we had the best fan base,

I haven't lived in San Antonio for a minute but I was visiting my sister a few weeks ago and after a movie we went to that Wing Daddy's by De Zavala.
    TV WALLs
    dozens of 4k TV's

and the Spurs game WASNT on and I was the only one wearing any gear. My beloved Spurs Hockey Jersey.

I had to request it be put on.

WTF?

I blame CALIFORNIANS who have invaded us along IH35, Where ever there is an IN and OUT there be CALIFORNIANS...

Tons of LAKERS Gear

This is what happens when your fanbase has been NEGED by Pop for at least 15 years and his philosophy.
    Such a shame to hear...I've never had the pleasure of living in San Antonio although I am looking into buying a condo there for the weekends...but that's just sad to hear that San Antonio has been inundated with Lakers fans...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its a great point the announcer made that Luka can attack in transition like that. Not many bigs can--you wont see Aldridge going at that speed with a breakaway steal. Its going to be deadly with Luka.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Keldon could only make a 3...

See if Drew bites...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Metu playing himself onto the active roster fulltime

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So maybe the patfo is not that bad at drafting players.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...=chimezie+metu

You know that as Metu gets stronger and bulkier, he's going to be a pretty decent player. Spurs should re-sign him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't wait for the Spurs to be mathematically obliterated from the PO race to force Pop into playing the youngins on the main roster. Keldon and Metu at the least look almost there. Should be an interesting roster next season...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Such a shame to hear...I've never had the pleasure of living in San Antonio although I am looking into buying a condo there for the weekends...but that's just sad to hear that San Antonio has been inundated with Lakers fans...
    Many of the Laker fans were already in SA, but crawled under rocks for a decade. The west coast migration is real and unfortunate in many cases.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last six games Metu has played for Austin he's went 11/15 from three point range.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't wait for the Spurs to be mathematically obliterated from the PO race to force Pop into playing the youngins on the main roster. Keldon and Metu at the least look almost there. Should be an interesting roster next season...
    you can't possibly think Pop will change his rotations. He will go with the same starting line up until the season is finished no matter what. They could be 0-81 doesn't matter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you can't possibly think Pop will change his rotations. He will go with the same starting line up until the season is finished no matter what. They could be 0-81 doesn't matter
    I think (HOPE) that there will be some kind of directive from above for change once the Spurs are actually eliminated mathematically. We know Pop is absolutely -bent on his last bit of glory and there's "still chances" to get the 8th seed as of now (obviously impossible as we know, but the case could be made especially by Pop's delusional mind). It's a win/win situation though - if Pop gives up, we get a lot of games of seeing what the youth can do. If Pop flexes his powers and continues playing LMA, DD, Forbes 30m+ a night after we're eliminated, it'll be a very bright bad spot and hopefully the drip of water that overfills the glass and leads to his departure.

To be honest it's hard to be optimistic in this scenario, but a man can dream....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...any chance that when all hopes for the 8 seed are gone (probably as soon as the RRD ends, if its an 0-8 run)Pop let the reins of the team to Becky or Timmy and start planning about the olympic summer? Frankly I think that for a man of his age, and that suffered all he suffered recently, the double goal (Spurs and Olympic team) on his mind for all the course of this season could have been too much to stand....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think (HOPE) that there will be some kind of directive from above for change once the Spurs are actually eliminated mathematically. We know Pop is absolutely -bent on his last bit of glory and there's "still chances" to get the 8th seed as of now (obviously impossible as we know, but the case could be made especially by Pop's delusional mind). It's a win/win situation though - if Pop gives up, we get a lot of games of seeing what the youth can do. If Pop flexes his powers and continues playing LMA, DD, Forbes 30m+ a night after we're eliminated, it'll be a very bright bad spot and hopefully the drip of water that overfills the glass and leads to his departure.
    To be honest it's hard to be optimistic in this scenario, but a man can dream...
    Directive from above? Pop is president of basketball operations for SSE. He works only for the younger Holts, and I doubt they’re wanting to be seen forcing him out. There won’t be any miracle or breakthrough this year.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know you guys love it when I give updates on non-Spurs players. But tonight Walt Lemon had 27 points, 9 AST, 8 RB, and 3 STL. I still say it would be nice to have a backup PG who is really a PG - even if he's third on the list. But Austin recently brought in a PG who has no chance of making it to SA. So if you want a point to distribute to the young guys, why not bring in a good one?

Thread Information