Page 60 of 128 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 3198
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do Luka and Metu Play roughly the same position? or do they play different positions. From what I can see it looks like both are more modern day PF but is one of the better at SF or C or would they both be more pf/SF combos?
    They both play like pf/c. Luka has some capabilities to play sf but in spurts. Its kind of like KD with Luka.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They both play like pf/c. Luka has some capabilities to play sf but in spurts. Its kind of like KD with Luka.
    Do you think they could play together at the Pro level against most teams or would it take more teams without a big for them to play together?

on a side note Dejounte is my favorite player right now and I think Pop is hurting his skills but making him defer to much

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do Luka and Metu Play roughly the same position? or do they play different positions. From what I can see it looks like both are more modern day PF but is one of the better at SF or C or would they both be more pf/SF combos?
    I think they’re very different post players. Luka has the making of a good playmaker for a big, ala Jokic (but with much more spring and athleticism). Metu is more of a pure scorer, like a very poor mans Amare Stoutemire from back in the day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs play again tonight @ 7

https://gleague.nba.com/games/20191207/IWAAUS/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Austin-Iowa game is on now on FSSW.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Matt Bonner and Derrick White work well off of each other on commentary.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty cool, they had Derrick white doing commentary for a while. He wasn’t half bad.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For those who go regularly, are tickets to those games pretty reasonable? Might have to hit one up while I’m in for holidays.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KJ finally made a 3 and now I think he has made some in each of the last 3 games.

Looking at stats Metu seems to be doing very well down there. I will be glad when he gets some actual run up in the big league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another 25 from KJ tonight. Love the energy and emotion he plays with.

Metu looks way more confident and comfortable than I've seen in the past. Hopefully that continues.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't be drawing too much conclusions from G-League games, but Metu looks like an interestingly athletic player. We definitely need someone on the team who can finish at the rim like he does, dude goes for the dunk a lot. I like his energy, he should get the call up and show what he's made of in non-garbage minutes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing is, I wouldnt play Metu over Lyles and I wouldnt play Metu over Eubanks to play C since Metu will get pushed around like he always does. Metu has no chance of getting minutes unless Aldridge gets traded or he suddenly gets agile enough to play SF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing is, I wouldnt play Metu over Lyles and I wouldnt play Metu over Eubanks to play C since Metu will get pushed around like he always does. Metu has no chance of getting minutes unless Aldridge gets traded or he suddenly gets agile enough to play SF.
    He could crack the rotation as third big off the bench if LMA is load managed/injured/traded. He'd really have to shine to earn a spot, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For those who go regularly, are tickets to those games pretty reasonable? Might have to hit one up while I’m in for holidays.
    Very cheap. They have a lot of games with deals (like $2 beer nights) and packages too, but even single games you can get for like $15. Most every seat is good but if you wanted like “great” seats as in near the court even then it’s like $100-150
    Last edited by DPG21920; 12-07-2019 at 11:41 PM.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another 25 from KJ tonight. Love the energy and emotion he plays with.

Metu looks way more confident and comfortable than I've seen in the past. Hopefully that continues.

He was 3-6 from 3P last night. I want to see some more games like that.

Metu has been pretty damn good lately, too. He looked so bad early that I had given up on him. I would love for him to prove that wrong.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually both Lyles and Metu had to get stronger, it's just that Metu had to be much more stronger
    Last edited by XDT76; 12-08-2019 at 08:58 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m liking what I’ve seen so far this season from Metu even when he played with the Spurs granted it was garbage time he showed some flashes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually both Lyles and Metu had to get Metu, it's just that Metu had to be much more stronger
    Wait what?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry, was typing on the fly and did not realise I screwed up the message. Fixed it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They both still have a lot of work to do, but I saw nice chemistry between Luka and Metu. If the latter can keep working on his jumper consistency, we could be rolling the pair out next year as stretch 4/5, which would be a huge upgrade over Lyles and May Touches. Spurs need to buy into the young movement as soon as possible and ship some dead weight out... These guys need minutes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They both still have a lot of work to do, but I saw nice chemistry between Luka and Metu. If the latter can keep working on his jumper consistency, we could be rolling the pair out next year as stretch 4/5, which would be a huge upgrade over Lyles and May Touches. Spurs need to buy into the young movement as soon as possible and ship some dead weight out... These guys need minutes
    Metu is far from being an upgrade to Aldridge

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Metu is far from being an upgrade to Aldridge
    In overall talent, that's for sure, I think Metu's ceiling is an athletic backup 5. On the court, though, LMA's play has a few downsides which would be addition by substraction no matter his replacement - not only is his iso, inefficient fadeaway style getting worse as he ages, it stops pretty much all ball movement since Aldrige is quite happy to take a contested shot over passing out of the double teams; additionally, not only has his overall defense decreased, but also his athleticism, which is IMO the primal weight down on the team, since DD could hypothetically run a more fastbreak-oriented quick style of play, where LMA simply can't keep up.

Maybe that's just a lot of words to say that I don't want LMA on the team. Metu/Luka as replacements for our current 4-5 lineup might be worse from a talent perspective, but Metu allows you to play a much different game than LMA, one certainly more fit to DJ's and Lonnie's strengths. I'd like to see that even if it results in us going for a tank (which we need).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Metu can play the 5 when teams go small but his majority of minutes will be at PF. He is not athletic enough to guard quick SF or big enough to handle big centers.

We all know this team is not constructed to go far if they make the playoffs that is why I would entertain any good trade for DEROZZ and LMA. But the trade would have to net us draft picks or young potential or a position of need such as SF.

Do the trade and bring over Nikola and then bring up Luka and Keldon next year to start the growth.

Thread Information