Page 61 of 128 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 3198
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Metu can play the 5 when teams go small but his majority of minutes will be at PF. He is not athletic enough to guard quick SF or big enough to handle big centers.

We all know this team is not constructed to go far if they make the playoffs that is why I would entertain any good trade for DEROZZ and LMA. But the trade would have to net us draft picks or young potential or a position of need such as SF.

Do the trade and bring over Nikola and then bring up Luka and Keldon next year to start the growth.
    I get the feeling that Nikola is one that will stay in Europe and never come over. He was drafted immediately before all of the rules changes that were designed to allow teams to force switches on the perimeter. He’s a dinosaur, a big lumbering guy who will never be able to keep his switch assignment in front of him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah your probably right I just miss the old days back to the rim basketball players dunking on each other.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon has 15 points and is 2-4 from 3P to start the 4th, along with 5 boards and 2 STL's.

Sammich is 0-for-the-world.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People forget that early on Keldon was looking at being a top 10 pick then for what ever reason his stock took a hit. As far as NBA ready Keldon is much further along then Luka we all know they took a chance with Luka betting his potential can be achieved in two or three years in G League.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People forget that early on Keldon was looking at being a top 10 pick then for what ever reason his stock took a hit. As far as NBA ready Keldon is much further along then Luka we all know they took a chance with Luka betting his potential can be achieved in two or three years in G League.

I was never a believer in Samanic, and I was pretty vocal about it before the draft. I hope he proves me wrong and people come back to tell me, "I told you so". I'm not holding my breath.

Spoon had another good game. But he's feasting on layups and FT's. They aren't going to give him that in the NBA. I was really hoping he could be a Forbes replacement. He's got a good stroke, and he defends better than Bryn ever did. Any upgrade is an upgrade. But I'm pretty disappointed that he's not getting up more 3's. He was good tonight helping the Spurs get a come from behind win, but Ledbetter got subbed in for him down the stretch and immediately started knocking down the long ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KJ looked better than Lonnie in summer league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been watching all year, He is 4th in the pecking order behind KJ, Luka, adn Lawson. I'd bet a C note that Weatherspoon would own Forbe's in practice shirts vs skins or one on one. The Austin Spurs don't shoot at a high clip for 3's just like the Mothership doesn't. They lost several games because the other team shot and made more 3's so there aren't that many opportunities for them to go around in that "corporate knowledge system"

And I haven't, so I'll go with what you say. Spoon was one of the dark horses I watched in college, and hoped the Spurs might pick up. But he's really going to have to have the 3 ball in his arsenal to take the next step, I think. Still being a defensive upgrade to Forbes isn't a big hurdle to jump.

Yeah, I imagine coloring outside the lines in the Spurs' farm system wouldn't be a recipe for success.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And I haven't, so I'll go with what you say. Spoon was one of the dark horses I watched in college, and hoped the Spurs might pick up. But he's really going to have to have the 3 ball in his arsenal to take the next step, I think. Still being a defensive upgrade to Forbes isn't a big hurdle to jump.

Yeah, I imagine coloring outside the lines in the Spurs' farm system wouldn't be a recipe for success.
    The problem is - unless Weatherspoon increases both his 3pt volume and efficiency, is there any reason, as far as Pop goes, to play him or even start him over Forbes? We know the main reason is that Forbes outright sucks, but Pop is visibly oblivious to this, so there needs to be another metric that puts Q solidly above Bryn for Pop to even consider making that switch. Forbes, to every Spurs fan's dismay, has tasted starting minutes and liked it, and he doesn't have a leash on him at all at the moment which I don't see changing any time soon... Austin as a whole needs to get with the 3pt program -- Keldon, Luka, Spoon, even ing Metu should be chucking from distance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a game by Luka. His best since gleague started.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty solid outing for all of the young guys

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a game by Luka. His best since gleague started.

Big numbers for him. I'm pretty pleased that Keldon is showing consistency. He had 17pts, 7 RB, and 7 AST tonight, 6-9 overall shooting and 1-2 from 3P. His 3P volume is low, but at least he's shooting a good percentage now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW - Max Strus had 23 points, 6 boards, 2 ast, and a block tonight against Austin. He was "only" 6-16 from 3P (.375) and that's not outrageous for him. Spurs could have had him for a min contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    noticed Luka had some post up plays in there. Has he gotten bigger or is that just because he is playing against the Gleague players?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I like seeing him play strong with his back to the basket. On any given night a guy might hit some 3's, but backing down a big man and finishing strong isn't a fluke. Really he did a little of everything. Back to the basket, off the dribble, trailing on the break, spot up 3. That's probably the first time I've seen all the skills on display.

Now I've gotta ask anyone who was there - how was his D?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How was Bertan's D when he traded him for nothing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How was Bertan's D when he traded him for nothing?
    Very bad.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we got two really good draft picks and I am hoping Poop and RC can do another trade that nets us another first round pick.
    1. Josh Green - SG - 6’6 - Arizona - 19yrs
    2. Onyeka Okongwu - PF - 6’9 - USC - 19yrs
    3. Cassius Stanley - SG - 6’6 - Duke - 20yrs
    4. Jalen Smith - PF - 6’10 - Maryland - 20yrs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Typical Other Luka game,
    he can't do it on a consistent basis in the G league. Has a "big game" plays 30+ minutes he is trash the verry next game especially with on 1 days 'rest'. His durability is a Problem folks. Kelodn did good in this one though his game is sorta Paul Pierce esq. Witherspoon was trash though
    Paul Pierce is who Keldon says he models his game after during one of his college interviews.

Keldon is going to be a beast for us. He is the DeRozan replacement we need.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Austin Spurs

POS MIN FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A +/- OREB DREB REB AST PF STL TO BS BA PTS
    Keldon
    Johnson

SF 32 12-17 4-5 2-2 -16 1 6 7 2 3 2 6 0 0 32
    Luka
    Samanic

PF 31 2-10 1-9 3-4 -7 0 6 6 1 2 2 4 1 0 10
    Drew
    Eubanks

C 30 8-13 0-0 2-3 -3 3 4 7 0 3 0 1 3 0 19
    Quinndary
    Weatherspoon

SG 30 3-11 0-4 1-1 -7 0 3 3 4 4 2 3 0 1 7
    Galen
    Robinson Jr.

PG 26 2-2 0-0 0-0 1 0 2 2 6 2 0 3 0 0 4
    Matt
    Farrell

18 4-9 1-3 0-0 -10 1 0 1 2 3 1 0 0 0 9
    Jeff
    Ledbetter

17 3-7 3-7 0-0 1 1 2 3 3 2 0 3 0 0 9
    Dedric
    Lawson

17 1-6 0-4 0-0 -1 5 7 12 3 1 0 0 1 1 2
    Kenny
    Williams

15 2-5 1-4 1-2 8 0 2 2 1 0 0 1 1 0 7
    Daulton
    Hommes

19 4-8 3-7 3-3 4 0 6 6 0 2 1 0 2 0 15

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He looks to have grown an inch or two was taller than Tucker and about the same size as Cameron Reynolds. Looks a Solid 6'6" and 227 ish. I'll take him at small forward over Derozan just on his at ude alone. The Austin Spurs execute those "Spurs" sets better than the Actual Spurs. Sad Sad Sad.
    Keldon makes winning plays and is a dog.

I wouldn't rag on Luka much, I think he will get it sooner than later. If he improves his ball security, hes going to be a uva player. Also needs to learn to improve his defensive stance....sometimes he looks like hes just standing there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon is a beast!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a of a game from Keldon. The 6 TO's is a little much. He's been a little turnover prone so far, and he's got to get that tightened up, because they'll eat him up at the next level. But I'd give him 100% of Beli's minutes right now. He's probably better off getting the run in Austin, but I'd love to see him in SA.

Any of you who actually saw the game: How does a guy who puts up 32 points in 32 minutes wind up with a -16 and the worst +/- of the night?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a of a game from Keldon. The 6 TO's is a little much. He's been a little turnover prone so far, and he's got to get that tightened up, because they'll eat him up at the next level. But I'd give him 100% of Beli's minutes right now. He's probably better off getting the run in Austin, but I'd love to see him in SA.

Any of you who actually saw the game: How does a guy who puts up 32 points in 32 minutes wind up with a -16 and the worst +/- of the night?
    The opposing team were on fire during the first Q (or was it second? I forgot) and were up like 20 points. This was during when Keldon was on the floor. Im gonna guess thats why his plus/minus is low--because the other team had their huge run.

Thread Information