Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    gonna be fun to see two of the best true freshman backs in the nation going head to head tonight. Woulda been awesome if Lattimore had signed with Auburn instead, considering it came down to USCe and Auburn

Latt is starting for USCe, but Dyer isn't for Auburn. He'll get some carries though

My Team
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    Post Count
    We lost. But I'm happy. We should have won, but the score is what it is. We proved we have risen a level in CFB.

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    We lost. But I'm happy. We should have won, but the score is what it is. We proved we have risen a level in CFB.
    I agree. Ark can play with anyone and your season is far from over. The hog defense is legit as well, they really did what they needed to do.

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    A big WOW at UGA losing to Miss St

UF dominated what I thought was a capable UK team. Does this mean they're back to normalcy?

LSU quietly handling opponents. They are definitely under the radar right now. WTF was with that Bayou Bengal striking a heisman pose in the endzone? lol

My Team
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    Post Count
    No offense sym cause I like you as a ST poster.. but I think Auburn is overrated. Maybe they'll prove me wrong.

New poll has Arkansas at 15, tops the one loss teams.

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    No offense sym cause I like you as a ST poster.. but I think Auburn is overrated. Maybe they'll prove me wrong.

not gonna offend me dude. everyone is en led to their opinion

@ Jawja

Hunker down you hairy Dawgs! romad_20's Avatar
    My Team
    Georgia Bulldogs
    Post Count
    Hey, shutup man!

In all seriousness, this team and program is in shambles right now. I really don't know how the school is going to address it. I don't want to get rid of Richt but there's still no accountability for poor discipline, awful, awful play calling and players being out of position. The worst part is they don't look that awful when they play, but they still manage to lose in the most heartbreaking ways possible.

My Team
    Florida Gators
    Post Count
    this sums up saturday...

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    ^ LSUfreek is awesome, lol

My Team
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    Post Count
    Man Georgia losing like this is shocking me. Wonder if Richt is gone?

Post Count

You are not alone. They could easily be 2-3 instead of 5-0.

My Team
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    Post Count
    LSU is going to get ing power slammed by Auburn, Arkansas and Bama. They are awful to watch.

Tennessee. Wow.. still not sold on Dooley.

Auburn looks better every week but against ULM not much can be said. They moved into the top ten and I am still waiting for them to have a convincing victory over a good team. You could say USCe but that almost went either way.

Arkansas has A&M this week in Arlington.. I think we will roll them up like last year but it's a good test for our defense.

Florida has lost a step that's for sure.

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    Going to the Auburn/Kentucky game. got seats on the 40 yard line and only a few rows back. Gonna take the digital camera and get some pictures. Can't wait to see Cam & Co in action.

War Damn Eagle

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    from al.com

Blogger roundtable: Why it's great to be an Auburn Tiger

Will Collier

*In this edition of the al.com blogger roundtable, Will Collier of the Auburn blog From the Bleachers breaks down Auburn and Alabama's respective performances against South Carolina.

Auburn question: The tables have turned, as Auburn is now ahead of Alabama in the SEC West, the major polls and number of wins against South Carolina this year. Tell me why it's great to be an Auburn Tiger.
    Disclaimer: both teams have seven weeks and six games of regular season left, and with only one common opponent to date, anybody who makes "no doubt" predictions about something that won't happen until the end of those seven weeks and six games is nuts. That said, here's a big part of why it's great to be an Auburn Tiger this morning:

Total offense vs. South Carolina:
    Auburn 492, Alabama 351.

Rushing yards vs. South Carolina:
    Auburn 334, Alabama 36.

Rushing yards allowed vs. South Carolina:
    Auburn 79, Alabama 110.

Individual rushing yards vs. South Carolina:
    Cameron Newton: 180
    Michael Dyer: 100
    Mark Ingram: 41
    Trent Richardson: 23

Sacks allowed vs. South Carolina:
    Auburn 1, Alabama 7.

And maybe the most telling, since it indicates a team's ability to overcome adversity, turnovers vs. South Carolina:
    Auburn 2, Alabama 1

Besides all that, even though I don't live in Alabama any more, I can only imagine what a pleasant week it's going to be for Auburn folks who've been bombarded with two and a half years of full-on media tongue baths for the Tide and Nick "I'm not going to be the Alabama coach" Saban. I'm guessing a stat that won't show up on the box scores will be the drastic drop in public displays of UAT car flags, t-shirts and magnets over the next several days. That alone is cause for plenty of celebration -- and that doesn't even mention the entirely-satisfying sight of a fan base that holds rankings in the AP poll above all other priorities having to look up to see the Auburn Tigers.

Veteran
    My Team
    Alabama Crimson Tide
    Post Count
    Auburn was also at home while Bama was on the road.

and SCAR had a bye week before Bama.

SCheduling gods really ed bama this year with nearly all their SEC opponents (if not all???) getting bye weeks before playing them.

I hope the voters factor that in when 12-1 Bama is weighed against 0 loss BSU/TCU(or Utah) and other 1 loss teams.

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    Game was way too close for comfort, but I had a great time. UK fans were cool and the atmosphere at commonwealth was a lot better than I had expected. Watched bama lose while tailgating. Some AU fans had a flat screen set up and it was awesome to cheer USCe to victory along with a bunch of Aub and UK fans.

UK coeds are unbelievably hot

Cam in person is amazing. Auburn defense, not so amazing.

If UK had a defense they would be very, very good. Randall Cobb is a stud

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    Auburn was also at home while Bama was on the road.

and SCAR had a bye week before Bama.

SCheduling gods really ed bama this year with nearly all their SEC opponents (if not all???) getting bye weeks before playing them.

I hope the voters factor that in when 12-1 Bama is weighed against 0 loss BSU/TCU(or Utah) and other 1 loss teams.
    It was inevitable that Bama would fall at some point. what was it, 29 straight games won during the regular season? That's ing amazing

Yes, Bama will absolutely get the nod over TCU or BSU, but before you pencil in a 12-1 season you should consider the rest of Bama's upcoming schedule and a potential rematch with USCe

The Tide defense is just not as good as it was last year, and I find it highly likely that Bama will lose again before the end of the year. Not saying it will be Auburn, because realistically they still aren't as good as bama, much as I hate to say it. I think the SEC is once again underrated as a conference (crazy as that sounds) and with the exception of Vandy, pretty much anybody is capable of winning on any given weekend

My Team
    Florida Gators
    Post Count

you might like this one symple

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count

you might like this one symple

lulz

love the guy with the tide box and toilet paper on his head

lsufreek delivers

My Team
    Florida Gators
    Post Count
    heck yeah he does!

I've learned something very important this past weekend as a Gator fan...Texas fans should feel spoiled as Greg Davis as there oc, at least he mixes it up and does not run the dive play on 1st and 2nd down...I'm a Gator fan till I die but something needs to be done with the play calling, we are built around speed and just run the damn dive all game and he's been quoted (steve addazio) to saying the dive is the staple of the offense because it opens up the pass?!?!?!?!?

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    What to watch in the SEC: Week 7

By Chris Low
    These past few weeks in the SEC are exactly what people who are against a playoff in college football point to as their most compelling argument why we should leave the sport alone.

There’s a playoff every weekend in the SEC, and it continues this Saturday.

The marquee game has Arkansas traveling to Auburn in a pivotal Western Division showdown.

As last weekend showed us, just about anything can happen. The balance in this league is as good as it’s been in a while, which means we’re in for a wild ride this second half of the season.

Here’s a look at what to watch in the SEC in Week 7:

1. Survival of the fittest: Auburn and LSU are the only two teams in the league still unbeaten. By the end of next weekend, there will be one team unbeaten at most. Auburn and LSU square off Oct. 23 in Jordan-Hare Stadium. And if Arkansas takes down Auburn this Saturday and then Auburn takes care of LSU the following weekend, there won’t be anybody unbeaten in this league. In fact, the way it’s shaping up, don’t be surprised if everybody in the SEC, maybe with the exception of one team, has at least two losses following the SEC championship game. It’s that kind of year in this league when balance and parity might end up being the big winners.

2. Mallett vs. Newton: It’s the best matchup of quarterbacks in college football to this point. Between them, Arkansas’ Ryan Mallett and Auburn’s Cam Newton have thrown for 2,886 yards and 25 touchdown passes. They rank No. 1 and No. 2 respectively in the SEC in total offense. Newton is first in the SEC in passing efficiency (180.7), and Mallett is third (170.3). They have two of the biggest arms in college football. Mallett is the guy who will beat you from the pocket. Newton will beat you passing and running. He’s leading the SEC in rushing. As individual matchups go, the one on the Plains Saturday should be one of the best of the season.

3. Blitzing Newton: The scouting report on Newton in the first six games says Arkansas might want to go easy on blitzing the 6-6, 250-pound junior. For starters, all five of his interceptions this season have come when teams have dropped back at least seven defenders into coverage. And when teams have blitzed, Newton has been lethal. He’s completing 70.8 percent of his passes to go along with seven touchdown passes and no interceptions when teams come after him with extra defenders. Here’s the other thing: He’s also averaging 11.6 yards per carry on 14 quarterback draws this season.

4. Fourth-quarter dominance: Who’s been the best team in the fourth quarter/overtime this season? In terms of point differential, it’s Florida. The Gators have scored 59 points and given up 23. But Alabama and Auburn have done the best job of holding other teams down in the final quarter and overtime. Alabama has outscored opponents 38-10, while Auburn has outscored opponents 44-13. The only other three teams in the league on the plus side in the fourth quarter are Mississippi State (45-23), LSU (45-36) and Georgia (30-27). The worst team statistically after the third quarter has been Ole Miss, which has scored 41 points and given up 75. Tennessee isn’t too far behind, having scored 30 points and allowed 51.

5. No more booing: It’s not a Halloween thing. They were actually booing in the Swamp last week, and the boos were directed at Florida offensive coordinator Steve Addazio and his play-calling. But that’s what happens when you sink to 11th in the SEC in total offense, have trouble scoring in the red zone and generally don’t show much spark across the board offensively. This is Florida, where they’ve scored points the past few years the way most of us use up minutes on our cell phones. Running back Jeff Demps has been upgraded to probable for Saturday’s game, and that helps. But this is an offense right now that nothing is coming easy for, and when that happens, the guy calling the plays is usually the one who gets most of the blame.

6. Running to glory: Anthony Dixon was pretty much Mississippi State’s entire offense last season. He led the SEC with an average of 126.5 rushing yards per game. They leaned on him as much as any team in the league leaned on one player. But with Dixon gone, the Bulldogs are still running the ball with great success. They’re third in the SEC in rushing (211.8 yards per game), and that’s a credit to Mississippi State’s offensive line and some inspired running by all the backs, namely Vick Ballard, who’s averaging 7.2 yards per carry and has already scored 12 touchdowns. Running the ball against Florida will be critical, and quarterback Chris Relf will play a key role. Last week, LSU was able to churn out 161 rushing yards against the Gators, which ended up being a huge factor in that game.

7. Spurrier’s streak: South Carolina hasn’t lost to Kentucky for 10 straight games. But Steve Spurrier has never lost to the Wildcats. He’s 17-0 against them going back to his days at Florida, a streak that started in 1990. The Head Ball Coach knows, though, that all streaks come to an end, and he’s especially concerned because his team is coming off such a big win against Alabama. What’s more, Kentucky is due. The Wildcats have lost eight SEC games since 2008 by a touchdown or less. They were on the verge of beating South Carolina in Columbia last season until quarterback Mike Hartline went down with a knee injury. And speaking of streaks, the Game s have one working against them. They’ve lost six straight SEC road games. Their last win on the road in the conference came on Oct. 11, 2008 against … Kentucky.

8. Cobb going solo: It doesn’t appear that running back Derrick Locke will be healthy enough to play against South Carolina. He’s doubtful after suffering a shoulder stinger last week against Auburn. That puts even more pressure on Randall Cobb to make plays for the Wildcats and allows South Carolina’s defense to shadow Cobb even more. The Wildcats have done a good job of moving Cobb around. He’ll line up at different receiver spots and will also get several snaps at quarterback in the Wildcat formation. Cobb accounted for four touchdowns last week in the 37-34 loss to Auburn. Without Locke, he might need at least that many Saturday if Kentucky's going to end its three-game skid.

9. Julio’s hand: There are tough guys all over the place in football. It’s not a sport for the meek. But few players in the SEC have consistently demonstrated the ability to play with pain and play through injuries the way Alabama junior receiver Julio Jones has. He is one tough customer. After breaking his left hand last week against South Carolina and then having surgery to insert screws and a plate, Jones was back on the practice field Wednesday catching passes. Alabama’s medical staff will evaluate him following Thursday’s practice. But in Jones’ mind, he’s playing Saturday against Ole Miss. He’s had an array of injuries during his career at Alabama and at least four different surgeries, but the guy shows up to play every weekend.

10. Green vs. Hayward: Everybody in this league knows who Georgia receiver A.J. Green is. And now that he’s back, Georgia’s offense has a much more explosive element to it. But keep an eye on his matchup with Vanderbilt cornerback Casey Hayward, who’s quietly emerging as one of the best cornerbacks in this league. He’s tied for the league lead with four interceptions and is also an excellent tackler. He’s from Perry, Ga., too, so you know this is a game he’s had circled. Vanderbilt has produced several outstanding cornerbacks under secondary coach Jamie Bryant. D.J. Moore and Myron Lewis come to mind, but Hayward, only a junior, has a chance to be just as good and has the skills to give Green a run for his money on Saturday in Athens.

My Team
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    Post Count
    Mallett is a far better QB than Newton right now. There is no comparison.

Newton has got some learning to do, and how to throw the deep ball or the 15 yard range accurately. That's his weak spot atm.

LSU.

Believe.
    My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    If you're purely talking about passing ability, sure. If you consider the whole package, Newton is probably better, but it's close.

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count

Newton has got some learning to do, and how to throw the deep ball or the 15 yard range accurately. That's his weak spot atm.

LSU.
    You almost can't compare them. Mallett is a prototypical pocket passer, already NFL ready. While Newton is a runner first, and a passer second. Cam is also unlikely to play QB in the pros, as it stands now anyway. You're right that he must improve his accuracy. He also must improve his ability to make quick reads and check down.

As far as leadership, Cam has been huge. I don't follow the Hogs as closely, but I'm betting that Mallett is also the undisputed team leader. In that there certainly is a comparison. There is also a comparison in team record, which right now favors Newton.

These two guys are one (Mallett) and two (Newton) in total yardage in the best conference in america. It's gonna be fun to watch

Thread Information