Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    keep asking questions George Gervin's Afro's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Palin Goes After Obama at Tea Party Convention

FOXNews.com

Sarah Palin goes after the Democratic agenda at the National Tea Party Convention.

Feb. 6: Sarah Palin speaks at the first National Tea Party Convention.
    The Democratic agenda is "running out of time," former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin said Saturday at the National Tea Party Convention, claiming that the conservative tea party movement is part of a brewing "revolution" that cons utes the "future of politics."

Palin, who delivered the keynote speech on the closing night of the three-day gathering of conservative activists, aligned herself squarely with the movement, frequently using the word "us" in describing it.

"This is the future of our country. The tea party movement is the future of politics," she said.

The former GOP vice presidential nominee pointed to the room full of activists, as well as the recent election of Republican Scott Brown to U.S. Senate from Massachusetts, as the sign of a political tide change.

"If Scott Brown is any indication, it’s running out of time," Palin said of the Democratic agenda.

"It’s a ground-up call to action that is forcing both parties to change the way they do business, and that’s beautiful."

Palin got an ecstatic response from the hundreds of tea party activists in the banquet hall in Nashville, where they had spent the last few days hashing out ways to grow the movement and defeat Democrats in the 2010 midterms. Though tea party groups have faced criticism for being disorganized and been cast occasionally as angry rebels without a cause, the former governor said the activists have started something that Washington must heed.

"America is ready for another revolution, and you are a part of this," Palin said.

The former governor used her speech to go after President Obama as well, hammering him for his economic, foreign and security policies.

She zeroed in on the Obama administration's handling of the alleged Christmas Day bomber.

Echoing wide-ranging complaints among Republicans that the administration should not have let suspect Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab get "lawyered up," Palin said the administration is treating the incident like a "crime spree," rather than an act of war.

"Treating this like a mere law enforcement matter places our country at great risk," she said. "To win that war, we need a commander-in-chief, not a professor of law standing at the lectern."

Palin, in a pre-taped interview with "Fox News Sunday" earlier in Nashville, said the way Obama is approaching national security is causing an "uneasiness" among many Americans.

"We are in war," Palin said. "These are acts of war that these terrorists are committing. We need to treat them a little bit differently than an American who is worthy, an American being worthy of our U.S. cons utional rights. I don’t think the terrorists are worthy of our rights."

Palin, in her keynote address, also blasted the administration for "wasteful" stimulus spending, urged Congress to kill the latest stimulus-style proposal and said the last year has proved that the administration’s attempts to extend an open hand to hostile nations, like North Korea, has not worked.

"It’s no wonder that our president only spent about 9 percent of his State of the Union address discussing national security, foreign policy, because there aren’t a whole lot of victories he can talk about," she said.

Palin addressed the convention despite facing some controversy over the $100,000 speaking fee she was receiving and the fact that two other scheduled speakers, Rep. Michele Bachmann, R-Minn., and Rep. Marsha Blackburn, R-Tenn., dropped out following ethics committee questions over how the convention profits would be used.

But Palin says she will not personally benefit from the engagement and that the speaking fee will go back to the "cause."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...+Politics%2529

A match made in heaven.......

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Obama is a great speaker and a lousy leader.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was Palin reading notes off her hand?

UPDATE Oliver Willis also caught Palin reading off of her hand. He points out that she made fun of President Obama during her speech for his use of a teleprompter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here is a screen capture with the writing visible on her hand

The Palin Tele-Palmer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least they only paid $550 to see her.
    Last edited by DMX7; 02-07-2010 at 12:49 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She's a classless manly girl.

But, she needs to make more effort towards that cleavage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    she has more class then anyone in washington dc that is a politician

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She shops classy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    see, sucky ducky makes my point. If he thinks she's classy, she irredeemably trailer-park, backwoods, all-about-me-and-my-$120K-speaker-fees tacky.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did she quit a little over halfway through the speech?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cool, now that Palin says Tea Party should partner with the GOP we can end this "it's democrats and republicans" crap.. it's a partisan attack group.. you betcha!

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Obama is a great speaker.
    LOL@corpseman

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we know jack she's a good guy liar..

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    we know jack she's a good guy liar..
    What are you talking about now, dummy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are you talking about now, dummy?
    that you hate obama because he's the biggest liar you've ever seen... but you support anyone but him even though they are liars themselves... a principled stance..

hypocrite..

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    that you hate obama because he's the biggest liar you've ever seen... but you support anyone but him even though they are liars themselves... a principled stance..

hypocrite..
    That has nothing to do with Obama saying "Corpseman". LOL@the commander and chief. LOL@you for stalking......again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That has nothing to do with Obama saying "Corpseman". LOL@the commander and chief. LOL@you for stalking......again.
    just reminding you and everyone else what a big hpocrite you are...

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    just reminding you and everyone else what a big hpocrite you are...
    So you are stalking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I guess energy, tax cuts, and lifting American spirits were the key issues in the speech, and budget didn't make the cut.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here is a screen capture with the writing visible on her hand

The Palin Tele-Palmer

"Have to check the film" PixelPusher's Avatar
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

i guess energy, tax cuts, and lifting american spirits were the key issues in the speech, and budget didn't make the cut.
    wtf? Is that for real?

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Really? Writting a few words on your hand is a big deal, makes her dumb. Obama uses a freaken teleprompter talking to 6th GRADERS!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Writting a few words on your hand is a big deal, makes her dumb.
    Makes her a hypocrite.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    "As a former Governor of Alaska, I'm very well acquainted with the national policies regarding...um...uh...oh, yeah - Energy!"

"...and as a true, life long Conservative, I know what this country really need to get this economy back on track is...is...uh, BUDG - no, no...TAX CUTS!"

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Obama uses a freaken teleprompter talking to 6th GRADERS!
    He didn't need a teleprompter to crack back on a room full of House Republicans.

...but then again, they're less of a challenge than a room full of 6th graders.

Thread Information