Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    oh spare us angel_luv, go live in your ignorant bubble and continue to be a sheep

what about all the books the early christians removed from the Bible? what were in those? how come those didn't fit in the plan for the christian "church", who took an inspirational man in Jesus and played it to their favor to gain power and money.
    What about all the money funded for research? All the money put into people finding ONE bone and creating a whole being in whatever thought pops into their head. You buy it and say "Yeah that is exactly how the T-Rex looked", to me it is the same thing. You are putting your faith in whatever these people say no matter how many holes there are.
    I didn't attack anyone in here or complain about what they were saying. So what's the problem little guy?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Well I.Hustle, we kept it as a good, civil, and intelligent Q and A for as long as we could. Now its over.

:slowly backs away
    To be honest. It actually lasted longer than anticipated. The flood gates opened and the morons poured in.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Miami Heat
    Having faith and having facts are different, but not mutually exclusive. I do, however, think the Lord would prefer you stating We are His children so his message is less muddled.
    Some "facts" are subjective to the evidence currently provided. They change all the time, and will continue to. Anthropology is guess work, educated guess work, using the limited 'facts' available.

Anthropologists are constantly proven wrong, forced to shift their 'facts' around, change them, revise them, due to the nature of the field.

My facts are written down. Your facts are tiny bone fragments which may or may not belong to an ancient humanoid or a shaggy er spaniel.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    For questions about man's origin, I like to point people to Psalm 139.
    give me a break already...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What about all the money funded for research? All the money put into people finding ONE bone and creating a whole being in whatever thought pops into their head. You buy it and say "Yeah that is exactly how the T-Rex looked", to me it is the same thing. You are putting your faith in whatever these people say no matter how many holes there are.
    I didn't attack anyone in here or complain about what they were saying. So what's the problem little guy?
    It's not just one guy who found one bone and was like hey look this is what a t-rex looked like. It's hundreds of years of anthropology study, tied in with all the other fields of science to bring you "what we think the t-rex looks like". No one is saying exactly what they look like, it is just interpretation based on science. But one thing is sure, there are bones, that are millions of years old, that are found together of creatures that don't exist any more. THAT is what they are saying. What's your problem little choir boy?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Not at all. I was born half jewish / half catholic (whatever the that means) so every week my family would switch off going to temple and church. I was able to see both sides of the religions and let me tell you, church is nothing but sensational mumbo jumbo. For christ's sake (see the pun) every time you attend church they make you raise both hands to the lord and scream swear your praise to the priest. The jewish religion is so much more down to earth its ridiculous, you don't see them combating science with lies and propaganda. Why? because they don't view their parish as customers who are supporting the church, they don't give a if you believe in god or not. They don't meddle with evolution because it isn't going steal their lifeforce from them. I don't consider myself jewish or catholic (well I consider myself jewish by blood) but growing up with both influences it was clear to me which side is genuine and which side is out of their mind.

The church isn't the only organization that steals you are right, but its the ing CHURCH. The organization that gives a majority of our country their morals. Oh yea, and they rape little boys, was that in god's plan? Hate to go there, but its just ludicrous how blind people are. Read an evolution text book, open your eyes little man.

I am very sorry you were raped by your priest. That shouldn't happen to anyone. I can understand why you hate the church so much now. I for one am not catholic so I don't believe in going to confessional or raising my hands to a "priest" so your little argument doesn't really stick with me.
    I have seen a lot of cases like yours though, where people grow up in families with conflicting beliefs. I have seen a ton of kids that rebel against the christian church because they were coddled the whole time and never given the chance to experience life.
    Believe it or not but most believers don't believe in church leaders raping little boys. I am willing to bet that most of them would be there to support you and console you.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    College
    Oregon State Beavers
    It's called "branches of the evolutionary tree." Anybody that doesn't believe in evolution is freaking clueless in my opinion. I know that will upset some people, but so be it. The evidence supporting evolution is overwhelming.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Miami Heat
    It's not just one guy who found one bone and was like hey look this is what a t-rex looked like. It's hundreds of years of anthropology study, tied in with all the other fields of science to bring you "what we think the t-rex looks like". No one is saying exactly what they look like, it is just interpretation based on science. But one thing is sure, there are bones, that are millions of years old, that are found together of creatures that don't exist any more. THAT is what they are saying. What's your problem little choir boy?
    Again, the Bible does not specify when the Lord created the Earth.

If the bones are millions of years old or only 1 year old, it has no relevance towards the Lord. I don't see how you do not understand that.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Nothing you just proved my point. You are all for money going to schools and research just for someone to say "eeehhhh that looks about right". Hundreds of years of study doesn't mean it's right. Isn't that your argument against the bible? I mean, putting all your faith into people's designs and ideas based on a few facts and handed down beliefs?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Some "facts" are subjective to the evidence currently provided. They change all the time, and will continue to. Anthropology is guess work, educated guess work, using the limited 'facts' available.

Anthropologists are constantly proven wrong, forced to shift their 'facts' around, change them, revise them, due to the nature of the field.

My facts are written down. Your facts are tiny bone fragments which may or may not belong to an ancient humanoid or a shaggy er spaniel.
    youre clueless man. clue inless!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    It's called "branches of the evolutionary tree." Anybody that doesn't believe in evolution is freaking clueless in my opinion. I know that will upset some people, but so be it. The evidence supporting evolution is overwhelming.
    And all I was asking is what your theories were. In your opinion how is the evidence overwhelming? Is it concrete and something that cannot be disproved? That is all I am asking. If you believe it that is cool I just want to know why.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    lol I keep getting KW and MH mixed up with each other. I thought it was the same person fighting with then against AL.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    as for not knowing what a trex looks like... well thats what professionals in the field of anatomy are for. by studying such subjects you get a feel for what the bones would look like with meat on them.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Miami Heat
    youre clueless man. clue inless!
    We are all clueless from birth. We only know what we can see, feel, hear, taste, or touch.

Anything past that, is faith. Faith in the Lord or faith in a fragmented bone chip found in some sand.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

Your facts were written down centuries after they were initially spoken. Not only that, they have been translated numerous times to get into a language you can read. Subjective?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Isn't that your argument against the bible? I mean, putting all your faith into people's designs and ideas based on a few facts and handed down beliefs?
    show me the facts of the bible... i mean if i could create a fine ass woman out of 1 of my ribs id have no rib cage.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I am very sorry you were raped by your priest. That shouldn't happen to anyone. I can understand why you hate the church so much now. I for one am not catholic so I don't believe in going to confessional or raising my hands to a "priest" so your little argument doesn't really stick with me.
    I have seen a lot of cases like yours though, where people grow up in families with conflicting beliefs. I have seen a ton of kids that rebel against the christian church because they were coddled the whole time and never given the chance to experience life.
    Believe it or not but most believers don't believe in church leaders raping little boys. I am willing to bet that most of them would be there to support you and console you.
    Coddled? Did you not read? I grew up in a JEWISH CATHOLIC family who switched off going to different places of worship. You have seen a lot of cases like mine? How many Jewish Catholics do you know ? If anything my upbringing shows how little my parents cared for religion since they didn't mind their children going to opposing places of worship. I grew up being able to see both sides instead of being brainwashed. I'm not rebelling against the christian church, because I was never part of it like you are.

I'm over trying to enlighten you. Enjoy your little happy bubble you live in, you will go to heaven when you die and have your ass sit in clouds while you down on earth. Spare me. Don't ask questions you don't want to hear the answer to.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    as for not knowing what a trex looks like... well thats what professionals in the field of anatomy are for. by studying such subjects you get a feel for what the bones would look like with meat on them.
    no no no, people that devote their whole lives to help solve the puzzle of the universe are wrong.

but people that devote their whole lives to preaching, feeding people crackers, and raping boys are right.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Miami Heat
    Your facts were written down centuries after they were initially spoken. Not only that, they have been translated numerous times. Try again.
    Oral tradition was commonplace in those times. The world was still fairly illiterate. At one time, the ability to read and write was a trade secret known only to professional scribes. It is only recently that literacy has become more and more common.

For example, in 1730 France, 70% of the population was illiterate.

Thus, the Word of God was passed on, orally, until it was written down.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Nothing you just proved my point. You are all for money going to schools and research just for someone to say "eeehhhh that looks about right". Hundreds of years of study doesn't mean it's right. Isn't that your argument against the bible? I mean, putting all your faith into people's designs and ideas based on a few facts and handed down beliefs?

"eeehhhh that looks about right"

yea that's exactly what they say

keep lying to yourself kid. I am not arguing against the bible, the bible is a great piece of text written by people much smarter than the people that are in charge of said bible today. The opposite is true of scientists

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    show me the facts of the bible... i mean if i could create a fine ass woman out of 1 of my ribs id have no rib cage.

I am talking about facts like Jesus existed and that he did start the church and things like that. The argument I meant was that people believe in the bible based on some of the facts gathered. Believe it or not there are people named in the bible that were real.
    That was all I was saying.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    We are all clueless from birth. We only know what we can see, feel, hear, taste, or touch.

Anything past that, is faith. Faith in the Lord or faith in a fragmented bone chip found in some sand.
    youre really reaching man...

i got faith in myself... faith in the fact that im breathing, living, and experiencing daily.

get back to me after youve found the void.

read something other than fic ious books like the bible, though i doubt youve even read that harry potter classic.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Oral tradition was commonplace in those times. The world was still fairly illiterate. At one time, the ability to read and write was a trade secret known only to professional scribes. It is only recently that literacy has become more and more common.

For example, in 1730 France, 70% of the population was illiterate.

Thus, the Word of God was passed on, orally, until it was written down.
    Purple monkey dishwasher. Duh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Coddled? Did you not read? I grew up in a JEWISH CATHOLIC family who switched off going to different places of worship. You have seen a lot of cases like mine? How many Jewish Catholics do you know ? If anything my upbringing shows how little my parents cared for religion since they didn't mind their children going to opposing places of worship. I grew up being able to see both sides instead of being brainwashed. I'm not rebelling against the christian church, because I was never part of it like you are.

I'm over trying to enlighten you. Enjoy your little happy bubble you live in, you will go to heaven when you die and have your ass sit in clouds while you down on earth. Spare me. Don't ask questions you don't want to hear the answer to.
    Ask some of the first people that posted in here if I insulted them for their different beliefs.

I am not sure if you know this but there are other religions besides Judaism and Catholicism. So when I said conflicting beliefs it wasn't limited to those two religions.
    So if a person believes that when they die they are going to heaven that pisses you off? Why? Why do you care as long as they aren't shoving it down your throat? If anything I feel like I respected the ones in here that believe in evolution, with the exception of you of course but that is because you are one of those preachy people that can't stand to be questioned...hhhmmmm that sounds familiar.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Miami Heat
    Purple monkey dishwasher. Duh.
    The Lord inspired man to write His Word down on paper. When He did this, he guided and inspired man to correctly record the Word of God.

This is known as Divine Inspiration. Any inaccuracies would have been eliminated.

Thread Information