Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Miami Heat
    Ask some of the first people that posted in here if I insulted them for their different beliefs.

If anything I feel like I respected the ones in here that believe in evolution, with the exception of you of course but that is because you are one of those preachy people that can't stand to be questioned...hhhmmmm that sounds familiar.
    To be honest. It actually lasted longer than anticipated. The flood gates opened and the morons poured in.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    no no no, people that devote their whole lives to help solve the puzzle of the universe are wrong.

but people that devote their whole lives to preaching, feeding people crackers, and raping boys are right.
    I never called anyone wrong. I just asked what the thories were. Show me where I said "No you are wrong for believing in evolution you idiot." Just because I don't believe in it doesn't mean I can't ask questions.

How many priests got to you to make you so bitter?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    The Lord inspired man to write His Word down on paper. When He did this, he guided and inspired man to correctly record the Word of God.

This is known as Divine Inspiration. Any inaccuracies would have been eliminated.
    The bible has contradictions and inaccuracies. I'm sure MiamiHeat will blame them on the typists. Either that or God stuttered.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Miami Heat
    youre really reaching man...

i got faith in myself... faith in the fact that im breathing, living, and experiencing daily.

get back to me after youve found the void.

read something other than fic ious books like the bible, though i doubt youve even read that harry potter classic.
    What is the point you wanted to convey in this post?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Miami Heat
    The bible has contradictions and inaccuracies. I'm sure MiamiHeat will blame them on the typists. Either that or God stuttered.
    Show me where. I have heard this argument before, and I have never been presented with truth behind it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    The morons I was talking about weren't limited to one group. I meant you too.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You aren't even discussing evolution anymore because everything you say doesn't make sense to anyone but yourself. It's like you started this thread, because you knew it would push buttons, just so you can feel like a victim.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    How old are you?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    And all I was asking is what your theories were. In your opinion how is the evidence overwhelming? Is it concrete and something that cannot be disproved? That is all I am asking. If you believe it that is cool I just want to know why.
    Well since you asked, and since I already stated that both sides have at least SOME faith attached to it, I will answer this question. The reason why I have put more faith in my faith (science), than your faith (religion) is exactly because it is always changing. The fact that science CONSTANTLY challenges its own conclusions is what attracts me. Carl Sagan wrote in Demon Haunted World that there is nothing that a scientist would love more than to DISprove something that is held in extremely high regard, like gravity. Therefore, challenges to beliefs that are widely accepted are commonplace, but the scientific method doesn't only require proof but repeatability of such proof. Essentially, if the science of how humans came into being was represented by a target, evolution may (or may not) have hit the target, but with each new piece of evidence the aim is corrected ever so slightly and the theory moves closer to the bullseye (the answer).

I do not see the same thing happening with religion (and I don't know how you could even try to follow such a method with regards to religion outside of a time machine). The bible and other such texts written, as the bible, after the fact are essentially the only shreds of "evidence" that exist. Using the same target, the bible's "shot" could have hit dead center, or it could have been shot in the complete opposite direction from the target. Unfortunately, there is no way (that I can think of) to correct the aim, or triangulate its position with regard to the target.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Show me where. I have heard this argument before, and I have never been presented with truth behind it.
    I'm sure you have. They're pretty easy to find. Either way, you'll claim God's infallibility.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Miami Heat
    I never called anyone wrong. I just asked what the thories were. Show me where I said "No you are wrong for believing in evolution you idiot."
    The morons I was talking about weren't limited to one group. I meant you too.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    You aren't even discussing evolution anymore because everything you say doesn't make sense to anyone but yourself. It's like you started this thread, because you knew it would push buttons, just so you can feel like a victim.
    I don't feel like a victim at all. I started this thread to ask questions about people that might have studied a thing or two. Those people stopped posting because of idiots like you. You haven't brought up one thing about evolution aside from how bible thumpers are wrong and you are right. Now I am just having fun with you guys.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Miami Heat
    I'm sure you have. They're pretty easy to find.
    Where are they? Post them.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    The Lord inspired man to write His Word down on paper. When He did this, he guided and inspired man to correctly record the Word of God.

This is known as Divine Inspiration. Any inaccuracies would have been eliminated.
    Who is the father of Joseph?
    MAT 1:16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

LUK 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

The number of beasts in the ark
    GEN 7:2 Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female.

GEN 7:8 Of clean beasts, and of beasts that are not clean, and of fowls, and of every thing that creepeth upon the earth, GEN 7:9 There went in two and two unto Noah into the ark, the male and the female, as God had commanded Noah.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Well since you asked, and since I already stated that both sides have at least SOME faith attached to it, I will answer this question. The reason why I have put more faith in my faith (science), than your faith (religion) is exactly because it is always changing. The fact that science CONSTANTLY challenges its own conclusions is what attracts me. Carl Sagan wrote in Demon Haunted World that there is nothing that a scientist would love more than to DISprove something that is held in extremely high regard, like gravity. Therefore, challenges to beliefs that are widely accepted are commonplace, but the scientific method doesn't only require proof but repeatability of such proof. Essentially, if the science of how humans came into being was represented by a target, evolution may (or may not) have hit the target, but with each new piece of evidence the aim is corrected ever so slightly and the theory moves closer to the bullseye (the answer).

I do not see the same thing happening with religion (and I don't know how you could even try to follow such a method with regards to religion outside of a time machine). The bible and other such texts written, as the bible, after the fact are essentially the only shreds of "evidence" that exist. Using the same target, the bible's "shot" could have hit dead center, or it could have been shot in the complete opposite direction from the target. Unfortunately, there is no way (that I can think of) to correct the aim, or triangulate its position with regard to the target.
    See! I can respect this post because he took the time to explain his beliefs for and against. I was actually just asking about theories you might have about evolution but the post was good nonetheless.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

How many stalls and horsemen?
    1KI 4:26 And Solomon had forty thousand stalls of horses for his chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen.

2CH 9:25 And Solomon had four thousand stalls for horses and chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen; whom he bestowed in the chariot cities, and with the king at Jerusalem.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Good Analogy.

I don't feel like a victim at all. I started this thread to ask questions about people that might have studied a thing or two. Those people stopped posting because of idiots like you. You haven't brought up one thing about evolution aside from how bible thumpers are wrong and you are right. Now I am just having fun with you guys.
    Having fun? sure you are.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Miami Heat
    Who is the father of Joseph?
    MAT 1:16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

LUK 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli.
    This is because of the way the Jewish Levirite Law works.

Both of those passages are correct, but need to be explained so you may understand.

In Jewish law, if a man dies without having created any children, his brother is to marry his widow, and the first son that is born would legally be the dead man's heir (Deuteronomy 25:5-6).

In the story of Ruth, we see that this was not limited to brothers; the nearest male relative willing to take on the responsibility would marry the widow.

The logical (and traditional Roman Catholic and Orthodox) understanding is that Joseph's mother was originally the wife of Heli, but that he died without offspring. His kinsman Jacob then took the widow as his wife, and she bore Joseph. So, while "Jacob begat Joseph", legally Joseph was the son of Heli. Both were descendants of Zerubabel, and apparently Jacob was the nearest kinsman to Heli willing to fulfill the Levirite duty.

Matthew follows the natural line of descent, while Luke follows the legal line of descent.

Nonetheless, the Word of God is accurate.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

Moses' personality
    NUM 12:3: "Now the man Moses was very meek, above all the men which were upon the fact of the earth."

NUM 31:14, 17, 18: "And Moses was wroth...And Moses said unto them, "Have ye saved all the women alive? ... Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman, ... But all the women children ... keep alive for yourselves."

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Miami Heat
    One at a time, please.

I just explained the first one, if you have a response or apology, bring it now.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

What was Jesus' prediction regarding Peter's denial?
    Before the crow - MAT 26:34

Before the crow twice - MAR 14:30

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How many times did the crow?
    MAR 14:72 And the second time the crew. And Peter called to mind the word that Jesus said unto him, Before the crow twice, thou shalt deny me thrice. And when he thought thereon, he wept.

MAT 26:74 Then began he to curse and to swear, saying, I know not the man. And immediately the crew.
    MAT 26:75 And Peter remembered the word of Jesus, which said unto him, Before the crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. And he went out, and wept bitterly.

LUK 22:60 And Peter said, Man, I know not what thou sayest. And immediately, while he yet spake, the crew.
    LUK 22:61 And the Lord turned, and looked upon Peter. And Peter remembered the word of the Lord, how he had said unto him, Before the crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

JOH 13:38 Jesus answered him, Wilt thou lay down thy life for my sake? Verily, verily, I say unto thee, The shall not crow, still thou hast denied me thrice.

JOH 18:27 Peter then denied again: and immediately the crew.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

Having fun? sure you are.
    I am. If I was really going to get into a religious debate based on what I have seen here I would probably just pm Drachen. You really don't got the chops to hold a real debate little guy.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    What was Jesus' prediction regarding Peter's denial?
    Before the crow - MAT 26:34

Before the crow twice - MAR 14:30

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How many times did the crow?
    MAR 14:72 And the second time the crew. And Peter called to mind the word that Jesus said unto him, Before the crow twice, thou shalt deny me thrice. And when he thought thereon, he wept.

MAT 26:74 Then began he to curse and to swear, saying, I know not the man. And immediately the crew.
    MAT 26:75 And Peter remembered the word of Jesus, which said unto him, Before the crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. And he went out, and wept bitterly.

LUK 22:60 And Peter said, Man, I know not what thou sayest. And immediately, while he yet spake, the crew.
    LUK 22:61 And the Lord turned, and looked upon Peter. And Peter remembered the word of the Lord, how he had said unto him, Before the crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

JOH 13:38 Jesus answered him, Wilt thou lay down thy life for my sake? Verily, verily, I say unto thee, The shall not crow, still thou hast denied me thrice.

JOH 18:27 Peter then denied again: and immediately the crew.
    that's a lot of for one post.

Kermit......I thought you were better at spotting a troll job than that.

MH is king of the monkey men.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    One at a time, please.

I just explained the first one, if you have a response or apology, bring it now.
    I'm not playing this game. You asked for some and I gave them to you. There are websites out there chock full of these. If you want to cut and paste as I have been doing, go to town.

Thread Information