Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Miami Heat
    As far as that father/brother/kinsman thing, this explanation seems to work except for two things. Gods word is supposed to be the absolute truth, not the absolute truth passed through the lens of someone's culture. It would seem that if gods words are subjected to the filter of someone's culture then isn't it more likely that this culture created him, rather than the other way around. If you want to respond that it was written through the lens of the culture, so not necessarily the absolute truth, but very close, and that the reason why god did this was to be able to communicate better with his people, ok, fine. I have to ask two questions, though, how much was the absolute truth changed to the almost absolute truth for cultural preferences, and why, during the 5th century (for example), didn't god intervene in the copying process and switch things back to the absolute truth. "Joseph son of this guy and kinsman of this guy." .
    It is the Truth.

Jesus spoke in parables, so that we may understand His Word. The Lord teaches us in ways that we may understand.

Thus, it is in this way that the Lord had man to write His Word down.

Both of the passages are correct about Joseph, however, they are seen through human eyes, so that we may understand.

This is how God cares for us and teaches us.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    That is your own journey. We are all ready at different times.

Sometimes, we need to go through certain experiences, follow our paths, discover ourselves, many things.

May the Lord bless you.
    haha!

i believe in myself as i believe in a higher being, you call him/it LORD. im no ignorant to my surroundings or my experiences and therefore i believe in something more than any of us can even perceive.

the one thing i found funny about all those religious courses was the fact that what i experienced on LSD back in the day was exactly what most would shy away from but what most seem so eager to find... the void. i think a little LSD would do us all great wonders!

i thought it was a bit odd that after my craziest trip i kept telling everyone about the void and only to find out yrs and yrs later in those religious courses that all religions hint on such a thing.

did i find god? no. did i find peace? yes. but in the end i realized theres more out there than i can even imagine trying to wrap up into a book that is not as real as the drug i took to get closer to your lord.

eh drug talk. it!

all i know is what i can control and that is me. i am the driver of this person and thats why i say i believe in myself. believe in yourself!

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    again? really?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Apparently, Mark records the word 'twice'

the others only record that the ' crew'

They didn't say "once", they simply got to the point.

All of them are correct, and that is not a contradiction or 'creative license'

It is, however, creative license since it was dependent on the whims of the writer and is not the same as that written by the other writers. Also, if the crows once, it crows period so specifying twice is different than saying the crows. If I say you will kick be before I speak, it is different than me saying you will interrupt me before I speak 2 words.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    No the reason I asked this is that he was getting all bend out of shape by Hustle asking some questions about something that Hustle stated he doesn't believe in. Now I gather that you and hustle have your differences (because someone mentioned it earlier in the thread), and you may come back with something along the lines of "hustle acts moronic in other threads, so I am going to get up in arms in this thread." I don't see it that way. To me, he was asking some questions about what the "opposition" thinks. Inquiry is the root of learning, regardless of if it changes your opinion or not. So, I was going to liken it (for RAM), to someone studying hinduism, or any other religion. You don't believe in it but you are studying it to a) better understand the culture, b)because you are just interested, c)any other reason you can think of. Hustle was learning about something with which he doesn't agree, and until BOTH sides started coming in here and made it a this v. that argument as opposed to a Q & A session about one side, hustle conducted himself well, asking questions, and follow up questions.

So... that was the point of the hindu question.
    nah nah... hustle and i are cool! hey hustle who was it you made a wager with me to beat down? haha. i cant remember what troll that was that was giving you .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas Longhorns

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    monos a ! a primitive one at that which has not evolved at all.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    nah nah... hustle and i are cool! hey hustle who was it you made a wager with me to beat down? haha. i cant remember what troll that was that was giving you .
    It was MiamiHeat. The Hustle vs. KW card was switched to KW vs. MH. That dude is an idiot.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It was MiamiHeat. The Hustle vs. KW card was switched to KW vs. MH. That dude is an idiot.
    i thought it was MH but i wasnt quite sure... hmm... interesting!

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    I believe I am half-human, half-Saiyan.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    i think this should be the new "KFC" post

just a load of to ruin gayass threads

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I heart C.S. Lewis' writings!!!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    man IGNORE is a wonderful feature!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    man im BUTTHURT and its a wonderful feature!
    cool story bro

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Ole Miss Rebels
    Remembah det one time someone got pissed off and started a thread about mono being a ty troll due to posting these fine literary works?

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Air Force Falcons
    mono's reaction is a cowardly act of frustration that shows us all what the spirit of discourse means to him.

It's like a little boy yelling "blah blah blah blah blah!!!!!!!" when being asked to behave in a civil manner.

At this point we shouldn't expect more from him...

"Since they oppose my viewpoint and don't believe as I do... I will simply wipeout any semblance of discourse on their part with my childish antics..."

LAME

Name
    jaffies
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I heard GiG has a SCREWTAPE out there on the net

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    you make no sense man... next!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    mono's reaction is a cowardly act of frustration that shows us all what the spirit of discourse means to him.

It's like a little boy yelling "blah blah blah blah blah!!!!!!!" when being asked to behave in a civil manner.

At this point we shouldn't expect more from him...

"Since they oppose my viewpoint and don't believe as I do... I will simply wipeout any semblance of discourse on their part with my childish antics..."

LAME

I haven't even posted my viewpoint in this thread you ing dip .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Air Force Falcons
    I haven't even posted my views in this thread you ing dip .
    This is not the first time you've done this. (and or you Mavs friends clambake & stretch)

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    other than the fact that another God vs. Evolution thread is, for the millionth time, ing re ed.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    anyways, I'm eager to know what happens next.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Air Force Falcons
    other than the fact that another God vs. Evolution thread is, for the millionth time, ing re ed.
    Like I said... you're nothing more than a child.

Grow up.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Miami Heat
    May the Lord bless you

Amen.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    Like I said... you're nothing more than a child.

Grow up.
    It's the ing internet.

Grow up.

Thread Information